Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The New Crusaders (Read 10801 times)
Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: The New Crusaders
Reply #35 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Matt wrote on Mar 4th, 2014 at 8:44pm:
Anybody else reading The Fox?

No.  What does the Fox say?  Grin

IP Logged

Baretta
Avenger

Former V&V Player

Reply #36 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Majestic wrote on Mar 5th, 2014 at 1:38pm:
Matt wrote on Mar 4th, 2014 at 8:44pm:
Anybody else reading The Fox?

No.  What does the Fox say?  Grin

Fox is a hero mentioned as being missing in Education in Terror by  Jeff Dee. It is a V an V adventure he made available online a long while back.

IP Logged

Matt
Justice Leaguer

Super hero role-playing
& Bronze Age comics fan

Reply #37 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Uh, The Fox dates back to the 1940s. MLJ hero. Alias Archie Comics.

IP Logged

Baretta
Avenger

Former V&V Player

Reply #38 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Matt wrote on Mar 5th, 2014 at 3:57pm:
Uh, The Fox dates back to the 1940s. MLJ hero. Alias Archie Comics.

I'm not debating your knowledge of Archie. But it has nothing to do with my group and our V and V campaign. A character named Fox is mentioned in the V and V adventure Education in Terror. I am sure many other characters have used that name, just as others outside of V and V have used the term Crusaders. But it really has no connection to this thread.

IP Logged

Matt
Justice Leaguer

Super hero role-playing
& Bronze Age comics fan

Reply #39 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Never mind. You either didn't read my first note or have chosen to ignore it. Have fun with your game.

IP Logged

Baretta
Avenger

Former V&V Player

Reply #40 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
Matt wrote on Mar 5th, 2014 at 4:36pm:
You either didn't read my first note or have chosen to ignore it.

Matt, I did read your first note and have not "chosen to ignore it" -- as you say. I just don't know anything about the Archie characters and never heard of the character named Fox who you asked about. Since this is a V&V forum, and I started this thread about my campaign group, I thought it was interesting to note there was a character named Fox mentioned in Education in Terror (which, coincidentally, I just recently read).

If I knew anything about the character Fox you asked about, I would have said so. But he(?) doesn't have anything to do with the posts here.
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2014 at 10:38pm by Baretta »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #41 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
That's interesting about Education in Terror.  That was a fun one, I thought (I ran it about a decade ago).  It actually was written by Jack Herman (though Jeff Dee did the art).  I'd forgotten about that reference to a minor superhero called the Fox.

My joke earlier was in reference to the ear worm/viral video of What does the Fox say, which was super popular last year (375 million watches at that link alone). Wink

IP Logged

Baretta
Avenger

Former V&V Player

Reply #42 - Mar 8th, 2014 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
#5. The 29th Annual Great Iridium Con

Roll Call:
Chivalry
Man-Wing
Mercury Mechanic
Spotted Leopoard
And introducing Omicron!

The New Crusaders travel to Iridium Vale for the 29th Annual Great Iridium Con. Scarcely known outside of Center City, the heroes can enjoy the science-fiction, RPG, and comic book convention in costume unrecognized to most others in attendance.

One of this year's organizers is Joe Newmann (who only recently learned of his own mutant abilities and has never adventured). He is attending the convention in costume using the heroic name Omicron (an homage to his dad, the former hero Epsilon from The Great Iridium Con published adventure).

The good-spirited convention turns sour, however, with the arrival of an elitist villain named Focus (from Menagerie). With a blinding flash, he temporarily hinders much of the crowd while proceeding to steal rare collectibles to complete his childhood collection from dealers' tables.

With a special attack from his Rust Gun, the hero Mercury Mechanic disables the villain's Monocle device.

While the other New Crusaders beat Focus to a pulp, Omicron shows off his powers for the first time by telekinetically returning the stolen goods to their rightful owners.

Following the fight, the Spotted Leopard was approached by a marketing representative from Jungle Life After Shave (one of the sponsors of the convention). The hero Tiger Man had been a sponsor for the brand since the early 1980s (see the Merchandising section of the revised rulebook). Now that Tiger Man is getting long in the tooth and retiring, the company asks Spotted Leopard to consider being the new corporate "mascot" so to speak.

The heroes spend most of the session talking to convention-goers and answering questions about their powers, etc.
« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2014 at 11:05pm by Baretta »  

IP Logged

Baretta
Avenger

Former V&V Player

Reply #43 - Mar 15th, 2014 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Coming Soon ...

#6. There's a Crisis on Infinite Earths at Crusader Citadel

IP Logged

Baretta
Avenger

Former V&V Player

Reply #44 - Jan 17th, 2015 at 12:57am
Print Post  
After a loooong hiatus, it happened.

CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS AT CRUSADER CITADEL #6

Roll Call:
Chivalry (granddaughter of Excalibur, niece of Stormlord)
Man-Wing (mutant love child of Evergreen and Shocker)
Mercury Mechanic (son of Mercury Mercenary)
Spotted Leopard (apprentice to Lightning-Fist)
Omicron (son of Epsilon)

Synopsis
The New Crusaders are overjoyed to hear that reserve member Omicron has come to visit them in Center City. During the tour of the esteemed headquarters, the heroes discover a box of magazines previously owned by the hero Blizzard. Within the box is  Different Worlds #30 (Sept. 1983).

Just then, a mysterious woman in a blue cloak appears. Why, it's none other than Raven from the New Teen Titans, circa 1983 !?!?!

Raven explains that an implied crossover from years gone by brought versions of the New Teen Titans into the world of the Crusaders, etc. leaving lingering inter-dimensional schisms that went unresolved in the Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Raven refers to the homeworld of the Crusaders as Earth-Ten (as opposed to Earth-1, Earth-2, etc). The heroes later unpack this to mean the world of Villains & Vigilantes = (V & V) = (5 + 5) = Ten.

Healing the inter-dimensional damage, Raven is afraid, requires the New Crusaders to battle the version of the New Teen Titans involved in that crossover.

To help balance sides, Raven, will act on the side of the New Crusaders -- using her healing power to aid them.

Even so, the New Crusaders complain, they would still be outnumbered … and vastly overpowered by Robin, Wonder Girl, Kid-Flash, Changeling, Starfire, Cyborg, and Terra.

To be continued soon ..
« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2015 at 1:10am by Baretta »  

IP Logged

Baretta
Avenger

Former V&V Player

Reply #45 - Jan 17th, 2015 at 1:08am
Print Post  
Reality Check: The four founding members of the New Crusaders are all second level. I'm not going to post updated character sheets, as not that much has changed overall.

Omicron is still first level.
« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2015 at 1:08am by Baretta »  

IP Logged

Baretta
Avenger

Former V&V Player

Reply #46 - Jan 17th, 2015 at 2:58am
Print Post  
Here's the rest …

Raven tells the New Crusaders that the New Teen Titans will soon materialize on the rooftop of the Crusader Citadel. As a caveat, she adds that -- due to the inter-dimensional damage, the winning team will be the team whose reality survives!

The New Crusaders realize that, even with Raven's assistance, they have no chance of defeating the New Teen Titans, but they plan to do their best to strategize and wait.

When the New Teen Titans do materialize, they are surprised, giving the New Crusaders the initial advantage.

Mercury Mechanic uses his Rust Gun to paralyze Cyborg!

Spotted Leopard knocks out Changeling before he can become something more dangerous than a green-skinned 16-year-old.

The New Crusaders are aware that Terra ultimately betrays the Titans, but since she is still working on their side at this point, they thought it was unlikely that she would betray them NOW. As a result, Chivalry puts Terra on ice.

Man-Wing and Omicron both tried attacking Robin but missed, given the advantages of his high level, even when surprised.

The next turn …

Kid-Flash easily beat Mercury Mechanic, saying that he is neither as fast as nor as smart as the real Flash (a.k.a. Barry Allen)

Robin easily beat Man-Wing, making an off-handed reference to Man-Bat

Starfire easily beat Chivalry, saying she is as cold-hearted as her sister

Wonder Girl hit Spotted Leopard, but her bracelets deflected his attacks

Omicron couldn't hit anyone with his telekinetic attacks

The following turn, Kid-Flash knocked out Omicron

Wonder Girl defeated Spotted Leopard.

Raven used her absorption power to heal Mercury Mechanic. The team's resident genius proposed that he could use his superhuman intelligence to patch the inter-dimensional damage, allowing both teams to continue to exist in their respective universes. Robin agreed to the plan.

Mercury Mechanic's one-shot attempt worked, and the New Teen Titans went back to their own reality.

« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2015 at 2:59am by Baretta »  

IP Logged

Baretta
Avenger

Former V&V Player

Reply #47 - Jan 18th, 2015 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
AFTERMATH

Following the cross-over with the New Teen Titans, Mercury Mechanic sat out on the next adventure to work on an invention to add to his arsenal.

Grapple Gun: This weapon fires miniaturized bolas. Range = Agility, attacks HTH +3, damage = HTH + 1d3. A special attack can constrain a limb, requiring one action and a successful 1d100 save vs. Strength or Agility (whichever is higher) to break free. Six shots per recharge.

Because this is an invention, the character's Heightened Expertise also applies.
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2015 at 1:48pm by Baretta »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools

>