Normal Topic My hero of the day... (Read 665 times)
Ironnerd
Justice Leaguer

Crunchy on the outside,
chewy on the inside.

My hero of the day...
Jul 26th, 2015 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
So today, the pipes in my 50-year-old fortress of solitude stopped working. Water backed up kinda everywhere. So I decided to fix it myself and save the expense of a plumber on a Sunday.

But Major Clogg was a difficult foe to vanquish! Valiant though my effort may have been, I managed to fail every roll against every stat bu one (charisma). I was out of power points, and Major Clogg was still making a mess of my basement (there was water trickling out of the basement walk-out door). So far as I could tell, Major Cloggs powers were stretching powers, invulnerability, regeneration, water powers, chemical powers (horrid odors and biological toxins), and willpower. Clogg's nefarious plot only thickened when I found myself sweaty, disgusting, and covered in stuff I don't want to think about. The villain had clogged my drains, so I could not shower!!! The diabolical FIEND knows no decency!!

In desperation, I was forced to call Captain Rooter. Fortunately, the Captain and I had no issues when rolling reactions on our initial encounter (there are evil plumbers out there, so I felt a roll was prudent in this case) and it turns out that he has a special weapon designed to combat Major Clogg, and was able to vanquish the villain in short order. He also had another power greatly I appreciated, let's call it a magical box that prints out coupons - because it turns out he's a Star Trek fan (I was wearing an old trek shirt).

I think Captain Rooter should get a Charisma point for his work here, and probably a good 500 XP for turning Major Clogg over to the authorities (his bosses at  the highly secretive "ROOTER" [Regional Organization Occupied with the Thwarting of Evil Regimes] organization in this case).

Seriously - hats of to Mr. Rooter in the greater Atlanta metro-zone.

-John

John "Ironnerd" Adams
"The GM is the balancing mechanic" - Klystron

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: My hero of the day...
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2015 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Well written, John.  Well written! Smiley

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2015 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Captain Rooter really knows his shit!

Get it?.....oh nevermind  Undecided

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

Ironnerd
Justice Leaguer

Crunchy on the outside,
chewy on the inside.

Reply #3 - Jul 26th, 2015 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
Thanks guys. It was a crappy day and I needed a lift.

My wife managed to set of the alarm at work - so no sympathy from her  Tongue

Paul... I loved the pun!

John "Ironnerd" Adams
"The GM is the balancing mechanic" - Klystron

IP Logged

>