Poll
Poll Question: Win 10 and Edge

« Created by: Ironnerd on: Aug 28th, 2015 at 5:59pm »
Normal Topic Win 10 and Edge (Read 1368 times)
Ironnerd
Justice Leaguer

Crunchy on the outside,
chewy on the inside.

Win 10 and Edge
Aug 28th, 2015 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Alright, many of us have Win 10 and Edge. What do you think?

I'll start this mess off with "I like Win-10, and have mixed feelings on edge". Both are still a bit buggy, but they are also pretty nice.

I have found an "error" in Win 10 that causes Google Chrome to hang up... Nicely played Mr. Gates... nicely played.

John "Ironnerd" Adams
"The GM is the balancing mechanic" - Klystron

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Re: Win 10 and Edge
Reply #1 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
I agree with you, win 10 is good (much better than the mess that was 8.1) and Edge has promise but has kinks to work out.

A year from now they will both be rocking I'm sure.  Also agree on the Chrome comment, seems buggy in Win 10.

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

Ironnerd
Justice Leaguer

Crunchy on the outside,
chewy on the inside.

Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2015 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
OKAY... no ability to "right click" to go back a page in Edge is a bummer. Right-click brings up a three item menu - Select all, Inspect Element, and View Source. That an no apps/extensions/themes (yet) kinda makes it seem "unfinished".

I agree, though. Give it a year and it'll be pretty dang good. Chrome was a bit wonky when it came out. And some of us still remember IE 1 and old school Netscape Navigator. Compared to those, Edge is science fiction.

Win 10 (WinX?) is actually pretty slick, but they moved EVERYTHING!!! Just like Office 13... I also have a little trouble dragging windows because I keep missing the top bar - because it's the same color as the window border. Most frustrating is the inability to write to a CD (IN MY DAY, THUMB DRIVES WAS CALLED PENCILS!), and my screen saver will not work no matter what I do with the settings... Still - pretty small potatoes over all. I run it on a PC and Kanonfodder runs it on a tablet - it works fine for both of us. He actually did most of the art for our next book on the tablet - pretty slick!

I was actually pondering a chromebook to replace my nearly-dead netbook, but now I may have to consider a WinX-book...
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2015 at 9:31pm by Ironnerd »  

John "Ironnerd" Adams

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 8:29am
Print Post  
I have a surface Pro and absolutely love it. They are pricey but a good solution to getting a netbook type device but with actual power and speed.  I told my iPad to Gazelle, it is that good.

Screen saver not working: try updating your video card drivers. Worked for me. The ones win10 installed weren't quite complete.

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

Ironnerd
Justice Leaguer

Crunchy on the outside,
chewy on the inside.

Reply #4 - Sep 5th, 2015 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Updating drivers! Almost sounds like it could be a Weird Al song...

I'll give it a shot. Thanks Paul!

John "Ironnerd" Adams

IP Logged

>