Normal Topic "Rising Sun" Review (Spoilers) (Read 536 times)
dan2448
Teen Titan

"Rising Sun" Review (Spoilers)
Mar 7th, 2017 at 10:41am
Print Post  
Spurred by the suggestion,I bought the PDF of "Rising Sun" first thing this morning and had the chance to read it over, too.

I was impressed.

The writing was very clear, the plot was interesting (if combat-focused), and the villain characters were, I thought, as a group better than those in several other V&V adventures.

The cover art didn't totally 'wow' me.  But the interior artwork was, I thought, among the top tier of interior art in any V&V publications ever.

This adventure also featured an aspect I have always liked in comic books and movies: where the heroes are required to fight off villains while also 'saving' civilians and/or stopping a natural disaster.

SPOILER ALERT

My favorite plot point was probably having the heroes chase the Japanese super villains, James Bond-style,out to their sea-based super yacht for a final showdown.

If I had any quibble, it was one of personal taste: I've never personally been a huge fan of the 'corporate CEO as villain.'
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2017 at 10:44am by dan2448 »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: "Rising Sun" Review (Spoilers)
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2017 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Since you've enjoyed seeing some of my recaps before, Dan, here's my group's play through of the adventures you've just purchased:

Escape from the Micro-Universe (and the sequel, Return to the Micro-Universe)

Rising Sun

More pics from Rising Sun
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2017 at 3:46pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Re: "Rising Sun" Review (Spoilers)
Reply #2 - Mar 7th, 2017 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
Well I'm glad you liked the adventure. Hopefully once I'm done with the sequel, you'll pick that up as well.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

>