Normal Topic Captain Marvel (Brie Larson version) (Read 341 times)
Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Captain Marvel (Brie Larson version)
May 28th, 2019 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
To begin with, I enjoyed the movie when taken at face value.

SPOILERS?  Haven't you seen it yet?

It's hard to portray a comic book character as they're portrayed in the comics.  That's why I usually try to judge a comic book movie based on it's own merits rather than comparing it to the comic.  So I don't fault Ms. Larson for being unable to capture the personality of Carol Danvers.  So I just tried to enjoy her take on it, and almost succeeded.

One thing I didn't like at all: when she destroyed the jukebox.  "Noble warrior heroes" don't do that just to prove a point.  All she had to do was "light up."

Overall, I got the impression that they didn't plan to make this movie until after they started Phase 3.  It just seemed like the story was "cut to fit" the MCU (kind of like designing the space shuttle before designing the space station.)  But I enjoyed it.

As of this post, Captain Marvel is the first female-something movie to gross over a billion dollars.  I think "first female directed movie with a female lead to gross over a billion" is the correct phraseology, but I didn't pay much attention.  I just enjoyed the movie.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Re: Captain Marvel (Brie Larson version)
Reply #1 - May 28th, 2019 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
Plus she's smokin' hot, which helps.

Smiley

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

>