Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Guns, Gadets, and Gear (Read 22632 times)
dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Re: Guns, Gadets, and Gear
Reply #70 - Apr 12th, 2013 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Razor Discs: +3 to hit, HTH+1d4. R=AGL.

Blood Seekers: Small barbed "smart darts" fired from a wrist mounted projectile weapon. Autofire weapon. Fires a "burst" of 3 darts. +4 to hit, but only when target is bleeding, 1d4 damage per dart. R=AGLx3. 15 shots.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

"Justice Like Lightning!"

Reply #71 - Apr 12th, 2013 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
SWEET! New forms of high-Tech death!

Hmm...blood seekers... these seem familiar.. like a weapon proposed at the CTHULHUTECH site... some time ago.

Uploading the updated PDF of this on page 2 of this thread! Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2013 at 1:18pm by Thunderbolt »  

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Descrud
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #72 - May 2nd, 2013 at 5:00am
Print Post  
Idea from the Gravity Mine.

Repulser Mine: Anything triggering this mine is immediately away from the mine at a velocity of 300-1/2 weight of the person being pushed. Range 10"

*Steps on mine* AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

"No, you can't slip a smite evil into a pillow fight."

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #73 - May 2nd, 2013 at 7:56am
Print Post  
LOVE it.. adding it to the PDF! Thanks!

Updated!
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2013 at 7:59am by Thunderbolt »  

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Descrud
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #74 - May 2nd, 2013 at 8:23am
Print Post  
Welcome.

Just imagine the chaos that would cause when someone stumbles into a lair laced with repulser mines. the shenanigans that would ensue would be hilarious

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #75 - May 2nd, 2013 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Yeah, that could really be wacky.  Why not make them invisible to boot!  Shocked

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #76 - May 2nd, 2013 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
Descrud wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 8:23am:
Welcome.

Just imagine the chaos that would cause when someone stumbles into a lair laced with repulser mines. the shenanigans that would ensue would be hilarious

Actually, depending on how close the mines are to the walls and ceiling, anyone coming into contact with them, could get messed up pretty badly from knock-back damage. And if no one's told you yet, these are a pretty damned good idea. Consider them officially stolen.  Cool

YIM  
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #77 - May 2nd, 2013 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
I am a construction worker, and I am constantly being bombarded by lasers.  They use them to see if the walls, floors, doorways, etc are straight and or level.

So  Imagine a round metal ball with grooves that shot out light attacks as it rolled around.    They would pretty much hit everyone in an area.

So Laser Grenades:  As light (+5 to hit) to everyone in a 50' radius.  2d8.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Graak kill Blue Skins! />

Reply #78 - May 2nd, 2013 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
John wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 10:12pm:

And for a variation, you could have them do the blinding attack that Light Control does in the same radius instead of the laser damage

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #79 - May 3rd, 2013 at 12:26am
Print Post  
You guys are giving me some nasty ideas for things I could add to Compass' 9,000 lb. wrecking ball!

Speaking of which, the rest of the team wants him to get a second one and to have them slung low behind the team craft when we fly; they already refer to them as "Compass' big balls". Wink
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2013 at 12:28am by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Descrud
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #80 - May 3rd, 2013 at 3:41am
Print Post  
Majestic wrote on May 3rd, 2013 at 12:26am:
Speaking of which, the rest of the team wants him to get a second one and to have them slung low behind the team craft when we fly; they already refer to them as "Compass' big balls". Wink

Strafing runs where the wrecking balls hit stuff.....super t-bagging?

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #81 - May 3rd, 2013 at 10:27am
Print Post  
Gerry wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 10:45pm:

And for a variation, you could have them do the blinding attack that Light Control does in the same radius instead of the laser damage

Sweet!  I'll load this into the PDF too!  Nice Ideas!

EDIT:  Hey wait!  We already have those.. in the PDF "Photon Grenades"... right below "Mini-Grenades"! Smiley
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2013 at 10:31am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #82 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Poison/Venom: Anticoagulant: When combined with any attack that would normally cause the character to bleed (being shot with an arrow, cut with a blade, etc.) the character struck with take an additional 1 point of damage per turn for 1d4 turns, as his blood will not clot.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #83 - Oct 15th, 2013 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
If you really want to be nasty, combine the Blood Seekers with the Anticoagulant.

YIM  
IP Logged

Matt
Justice Leaguer

Super hero role-playing
& Bronze Age comics fan

Reply #84 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
Wow, there are a lot of good ideas in this thread. I will be robbing all of you!

This kind of stuff makes the V&V Forum very special. I have been on some other RPG forums and most of them just seem to be shouting matches rather than anything I can use in my games. Like "My interpretation of RPG design philosophy is better than yours!" or "FATE is the best game ever made and if you disagree it's because you're stupid!"

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #85 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
In the beginning many years ago, we had a few members who only wanted to argue.   I gave them their own room, the Negative Zone for a bit. 

Then I deleted it as it was nothing I wanted for the forum.  They have all since drifted away.

IP Logged

Matt
Justice Leaguer

Super hero role-playing
& Bronze Age comics fan

Reply #86 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Negative Zone was a great name for it. I'm sure I'm a crank with my own particular preferences but I don't know what good it does to argue about games with strangers over the Internet.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #87 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
I am not above arguing on the internet.  And I have not banned anyone from this site, and only told one person to knock something off.   So my  admin style is more sit back and enjoy the show.

After all that,  I am still pretty amazed at how well this forum gets along.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #88 - Oct 27th, 2013 at 2:29am
Print Post  
Matt wrote on Oct 26th, 2013 at 8:25pm:
Negative Zone was a great name for it. I'm sure I'm a crank with my own particular preferences but I don't know what good it does to argue about games with strangers over the Internet.

I just want to say, Matt, that I think you're a poo-poo head if you don't want to argue with us over stuff that's clearly very importantCheesy

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #89 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
Shock Gauntlets: Attack as HTH+2, carrier for 1d8 Lighting Control attack. 6 charges.

Rapid Fire Rail Gun: Attacks as HTH +4 to hit, automatic weapon, 1D10 damage, R=AX10. 10 rounds per shot, 100 rounds of ammo per magazine. May be used to defend against large ballistic type weapons (rockets, missiles, artillery shells, etc.).

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #90 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 4:29pm:
Shock Gauntlets: Attack as HTH+2, carrier for 1d8 Lighting Control attack. 6 charges.

Rapid Fire Rail Gun: Attacks as HTH +4 to hit, automatic weapon, 1D10 damage, R=AX10. 10 rounds per shot, 100 rounds of ammo per magazine. May be used to defend against large ballistic type weapons (rockets, missiles, artillery shells, etc.).

Oh snap!  I think one of Thunderbolts proposed gadgets was a Railgun for Diesel...powered and focused by TB magnetic/lighting control powers.  Or was it a particle beam rifle about the size of a Model 82A1 Barret... again powered and beam focused by his magno/electric powers?  I think I abandoned the idea for the Particle Beam rifle... as I scaled its damage too high {4d10} ..considering how many 'average' hit points a person on the street might have... seemed too OP!

But I do like this Rapid-Fire Railgun... Very nice Dsummer...adding it to the PDF! Smiley

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #91 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 2:18am
Print Post  
Hover Mines (The mimes hover approximately 1" off surface) Motion activated - equipped with a proximity fuse. +2 to hit. 1d10 damage. 2" Blast Radius.

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #92 - Aug 31st, 2015 at 12:45am
Print Post  
Ok.. I've been PM'ed that my Guns, Gear, Gadgets - PDF file will not download.. so I'm posting it again... with some updates!

Enjoy True Believers!

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Klystron
Ex Member

Reply #93 - Aug 31st, 2015 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Cant believe I haven't found this thread til now.  You may rest assured I will be stealing shamelessly and promise to give back a little.

So  Imagine a round metal ball with grooves that shot out light attacks as it rolled around.    They would pretty much hit everyone in an area.

Sounds like the Death Blossom from The Last Starfighter.  I like it.

IP Logged

Klystron
Ex Member

Reply #94 - Aug 31st, 2015 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
Here are some goodies I have used:

Tanglefoot is an extremely sticky, string-like substance developed as an anti-personnel device. It can be deployed through a gun type device that shoots streams like Silly String (R=5") or as area coverage (10 sq ft.) using small grenades that do no other damage. It is formed by a combination of three chemicals, mixing with nitrogen. The reaction is almost instantaneous.

Tanglefoot strands have a tensile strength equal to that of Kevlar (SR=12) and will stick tenaciously to virtually every surface. The effects last for approximately 20 minutes in air or 1 hour in water. It weakens as it oxidizes, losing all of its strength in the last 6 minutes.

Tanglefoot has a refractive index near that of water and it virtually disappears when submerged. In air, it is readily visible under normal lighting conditions. Deployment by area grenade or gun carries the same saves against agility as any other such device. Once trapped, the victim can save versus strength to snap the strands but must save against both agility and strength to escape from the binding agent, which will glue limbs together or to anything they touch.

Somnolence is a gas that causes the nervous system of humans and meta-humans to release a significant quantity of melatonin, the hormone that causes sleep. Because the gas is a natural compound found in the human system, it will affect any character that requires sleep, both corporeal and non-corporeal and is not a poison. It has been distilled into a near pure form and is far more potent than anything produced by the body. Willpower (Type A) is the only defense that can fight off the effect and must be active in a relevant way to have any chance. It is left to the GM to determine any applicable modifiers to saves.

Victims of Somnolence will sleep for 25 to 36 hours (24+1d12) and will likely find it hard to get back into a regular sleep-wake cycle. This is due to the depletion of melatonin in the system and may take two to three weeks to fully recover, depending on Endurance or Willpower.

The players in my current game have access to these for ground transportation:

The Omnicycle is a single person vehicle with one wheel of approximately 7’ in diameter. The engine and seat rest at the bottom of the wheel and the tire runs around the outside of the wheel. Powered by fuel cells, this unique vehicle has a top speed of 150 MPH (660”/turn) and can take a typical street corner at 60 MPH (265”/turn).  It can accelerate to top speed in 6 seconds on pavement with an occupant weighing up to 250 lbs. Omnicycles can be fitted to players with unusual body forms and restraints automatically deploy when a sufficient mass (25 lbs) mounts the seat. Due to the open, light design (900 lbs, SR 9), it provides no protection for the occupant besides mobility. Omnicycles have no offensive capabilities.

Omnicycles transmit location, biometric and mechanical telemetry to the player's headquarters, which can override all functions, including holding an occupant with the safety restraints and transporting the occupant wherever HQ chooses.  This was designed as a lifesaving protocol but has been used to deter rogue agents or the theft of an Omnicycle by driving the occupant to a secluded place where they can be dealt with. An Omnicycle can be destroyed remotely (as a small bomb, 1d12 damage to all within a range of 3") by HQ if necessary.

Omnicycle design incorporates gyros and stabilizers, allowing new users to operate one with moderate training and experience, limited only by the courage and daring of the operator.

The image was stolen from somewhere and is not my art.

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #95 - Aug 31st, 2015 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
I guess this must be the combat version  Tongue

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #96 - Sep 1st, 2015 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
All of those are great, KlystronCool

IP Logged

Phrennzy
Avenger

I'm very pretty!

Reply #97 - Sep 1st, 2015 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Gerry wrote on Aug 31st, 2015 at 11:32pm:
I guess this must be the combat version  Tongue

TOTALLY STEALING THIS FOR USE!  OMG
"Face me, heroes, and my FERRIS WHEEL OF DOOM!"

IP Logged

Klystron
Ex Member

Reply #98 - Sep 1st, 2015 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Gerry wrote on Aug 31st, 2015 at 11:32pm:
I guess this must be the combat version 

The Carousel of Chaos?
The Wheel of Woe?
The Terrible Tire?

Definitely a Golden Age invention.  Who is the artist? My guess would be Kirby but it's just a guess.

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #99 - Sep 1st, 2015 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
It's a marvel villain called Big Wheel. He fought Spiderman and Rocket Racer

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #100 - Sep 2nd, 2015 at 1:58am
Print Post  
Just saying... "there are more things in reality that are stranger than fiction..."

_motor_wheel_1931.jpg ( 93 KB | 6 Downloads )
_motor_wheel_1931.jpg

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #101 - Sep 6th, 2015 at 12:46am
Print Post  
Okay.... FYI... I love these uni-bike, single wheel/sit your ass in the centre things...and the fact that they exist in real life is awesome.

But what are they called??? Can't search the net for more info about them if you don't know the name...

RAMBLE

IP Logged

Klystron
Ex Member

Reply #102 - Sep 6th, 2015 at 7:51am
Print Post  
Ramble wrote on Sep 6th, 2015 at 12:46am:
...and the fact that they exist in real life is awesome.

You mean there's a difference between the stuff I make up for the game and real life?  Well, that's a buzz kill.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #103 - Sep 25th, 2015 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
Graviton Beam Rifle: Attacks as Gravity Control, 1d20 damage, R=25".

Grenade Launcher: D=Varies, R=AGLx6, Ammo=6.

Disruptor Beam: Attacks as Disintegration Ray, 1d20 Damage, R=20. Disrupts the target's cellular structure. 

Laser Whip: Attacks as HTH+4.
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2015 at 10:09am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #104 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 8:24am
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Sep 25th, 2015 at 11:02pm:
Graviton Beam: Attacks as Gravity Control, 1d20 damage, R=25".

Grenade Launcher: D=Varies, R=AGLx6, Ammo=6.

Disruptor Beam: Attacks as Disintegration Ray, 1d20 Damage, R=20. Disrupts the target's cellular structure. 

Laser Whip: Attacks as HTH+4.

Added your stuff to the weapons section Dsummer.. neat picture for the Grenade launcher!
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2015 at 8:25am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Topic Tools

>