Normal Topic Death Touch Variation (Read 824 times)
polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Death Touch Variation
Oct 24th, 2009 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
I've adapted the energy-drain abilities of wights and spectres from D&D to develop a variant option for Death Touch. The effects are just as lethal for first-level victims, but allow more opportunities for role-playing (and survival) for experienced characters.

Death Touch (energy-drain variation): If contact is made (i.e. a hit is scored) the victim is allowed two saving throws on 1d20: once vs. Endurance and once vs. Agility. If both saves are made the victim resists the Death Touch effects totally and the attacker expends no extra Power.

If only one save is made, the touch is partially successful and the victim loses all remaining hit points, at a cost to the attacker of 10 Power points.

If neither saving throw succeeds, then the victim loses all hit points and loses one level of experience. The attacker is charged 20 points of Power.

Characters reduced in level by "energy drain" may lose/forget the training/advancement bonuses they received during their last level advancement.

Examples
If a fourth-level character loses both saving throws, experience points fall to 5000 (the beginning of third level).

If a third-level character loses both saving throws, experience points fall to 2000 (the beginning of second level).

A second-level character who loses both saving throws falls to first level, with zero experience points.

A first-level character who loses both saving throws dies instantly (mirroring the rulebook effects of Death Touch).
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2009 at 1:34pm by polarboy »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: Death Touch Variation
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2009 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
I use death touch as this.  When a hit is scored, the victum must make two saves, one vs current hits on d20.  The second vs current power on d100.   If the first fails, they lose all hits, the second all power,  both they is dead.   Of course the attacker must hit the flesh of the target,  or by pass the invulerablity or armor.   Either way death touch cost 10 power regardless of or if any saves were made.
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2009 at 6:33pm by John »  

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: Death Touch Variation
Reply #2 - Oct 24th, 2009 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
polarboy wrote on Oct 24th, 2009 at 1:14pm:
I've adapted the energy-drain abilities of wights and spectres from D&D to develop a variant option for Death Touch. The effects are just as lethal for first-level victims, but allow more opportunities for role-playing (and survival) for experienced characters.

Death Touch (energy-drain variation): If contact is made (i.e. a hit is scored) the victim is allowed two saving throws on 1d20: once vs. Endurance and once vs. Agility. If both saves are made the victim resists the Death Touch effects totally and the attacker expends no extra Power.

If only one save is made, the touch is partially successful and the victim loses all remaining hit points, at a cost to the attacker of 10 Power points.

If neither saving throw succeeds, then the victim loses all hit points and loses one level of experience. The attacker is charged 20 points of Power.

Characters reduced in level by "energy drain" may lose/forget the training/advancement bonuses they received during their last level advancement.

Examples
If a fourth-level character loses both saving throws, experience points fall to 5000 (the beginning of third level).

If a third-level character loses both saving throws, experience points fall to 2000 (the beginning of second level).

A second-level character who loses both saving throws falls to first level, with zero experience points.

A first-level character who loses both saving throws dies instantly (mirroring the rulebook effects of Death Touch).

I like this, polarboy!    Smiley

IP Logged

>