Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) I have to know! (Read 11912 times)
Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: I have to know!
Reply #35 - Apr 25th, 2010 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Jeff Dee wrote on Apr 25th, 2010 at 10:42am:
Wow. You guys are still talking about this?

Here's the explanation.

I am in the process of finishing up what would have been MW2 for release as a Living Legends book. No release date has been announced.

-Jeff Dee
UNIgames

That's really cool news, Jeff.  I for one like the stuff for Living Legends, and even though we won't likely do much with that game system, I still purchase each new item (often both electronically and a print version) and convert them to V&V.

I'm really looking forward to seeing it when you put it out...    Smiley

IP Logged

iggy rock
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #36 - Apr 25th, 2010 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
I bought the original Living Legends rules when it was first published. I was really looking forward to the game. Since then, only two modules have been released, and the universe page is under construction and hasn't been updated in five years:

http://www.io.com/unigames/ll/universe.html

My game group thought Living Legends had ended and went back to V&V as a result.
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2010 at 9:03pm by iggy rock »  

IP Logged

iggy rock
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #37 - Apr 25th, 2010 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
Wow. You guys are still talking about this?Here's the explanation.1) The adventures published by FGU do not represent a single coherent continuity. Each individual author's adventures take place in their own private parallel world. None of it is "canon" as far as the core universe created by Jack Herman and myself is concerned.2) Most Wanted was intended to be a series of books detailing villains from our core universe. Jack wrote MW1, and I was writing MW2.3) FGU ceased to be a real company (no promotion, no convention appearances, no solicitation of distributors) before I finished MW2. I therefor stopped working on MW2.4) MW3 was not supposed to be MW3. It does not contain any official information from the setting I shared with Jack. But FGU released it as MW3 anyway, without consulting us.5) Why did FGU leave a "gap" for MW2? Because Scott Bizar is a lunatic. Despite his company dwindling to nothing, despite his refusal to relinquish the rights when he was no longer in any position to uphold his responsibilities as a publisher, and despite having insulted us creatively by releasing a book that craps all over our continuity, he still thought I would eventually finish MW2 and hand it over to him. He probably STILL believes that.I am in the process of finishing up what would have been MW2 for release as a Living Legends book. No release date has been announced.-Jeff DeeUNIgames

I felt a lot more frustrated by Living Legends for implying on its website a half-decade ago that more character sheets and universe background were coming--and not following through. It's hard for me to trust that Living Legends is going to publish the material that was going to be in Most Wanted 2 when so much time has gone by without any new products and site updates. It's misleading marketing, to say the least, and dissatisfying to those of us who purchased Living Legneds.

IP Logged

Jeff Dee
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #38 - Apr 26th, 2010 at 1:41am
Print Post  
I've responded to some of iggy rock's complaints in the "So I talked to someone who knows Scott Bizar..." thread.

-Jeff Dee

IP Logged

Jeff Dee
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #39 - Jul 13th, 2010 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
5) Why did FGU leave a "gap" for MW2? Because Scott Bizar is a lunatic.

I owe Scott Bizar an apology. I did not mean to imply that he isn't sane, only that he has made certain decisions which I personally find incomprehensible. The term "lunatic" implies more than I actually intended. I therefore apologize and retract this comment.

-Jeff Dee

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools

>