Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Topic Tools
Locked Topic The Protectors, Vol. 2, Issue 1: When we last left our heroes (Read 34376 times)
dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

The Protectors, Vol. 2, Issue 1: When we last left our heroes
Jul 19th, 2012 at 11:43pm

OK folks, after much delay, namely on my part, I'm hoping we can get rolling. So without much further ado, let's begin.

When we last left our heroes

When we last left our heroes, the newly formed team, dubbed the "Protectors" by the erstwhile members of the EC press corps, had recently defeated members of the Servants of Set, a fanatical religious cult, long thought to have been wiped out in the early 20th century by members of law enforcement.

While this was taking place, several other new heroes began tracking the source of a new street drug, known as Boost, back to what they believed to be one of the city's largest street suppliers, only to be confronted by some super powered muscle. After a brief battle, both groups agreed that they back off, and that the issue would be resolved at a later time.

This same group, lead by the brash young hero Thunderbolt, had taken up to meeting at a local scrap yard to devise their next course of action.

After a few days of rest, and reorganization, the Machinist has been summoned to BSI's local field office by Special Agent Woo, the group's newly appointed government liaison. Upon his arrival, he's informed that not only is BSI interested in getting the group some sort of permanent facilities, there are two people she'd like to introduce to the group.

While this is taking place, Skyhawk and Jack Frost have gone off to the Northwestern part of the state to invest the reports of strange meteor shower. A team from ECU has been in the area for a few days, but has yet to report back anything of interest. While it's probably nothing, BSI still would like to see the ECU research team's findings.

GM to the group: I need to know what you want to do for the next few hours, game time. Machinist, please retype your initial responses to Agent Woo's comments so here.

« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2012 at 4:21am by dsumner »  

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Re: When we last left our heroes
Reply #1 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 12:01am

Skyhawk will use Achilles to help him collect as much data as possible, and then catch up with the group from ECU. Hopefully by comparing data they can get closer to an answer on what is going on.
OOC: It is good to get started back! Smiley Cool
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2012 at 7:14pm by Hawk »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

"Justice Like Lightning!"

Reply #2 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 12:15am

Thunderbolt will do the unexpected...

He will fly down to the BSI Building in downtown Empire City at about noon in full costume and simply hover at 5'ft off the ground a respectful distance from the main entrance to BSI Offices {about 60'ft away} and wait.

Yes he will have his non-visible magnetic barrier active to repel any attack and his Radar sense scanning for any attempts at ambush, but he expects he will not wait long for someone official to come out so see why he's there.

His answer, "Hello, I'm Thunderbolt.  I'm not here to cause trouble and I'll leave if you wish me to...but I'm concerned about the recent spree of murders of young women of late, and I'd like to offer my assistance if it will be accepted.  I do have a background in investigation and criminology and a personal stake... I have a little sister about the age of the victims... and I want to stop whatever or who ever is doing this.  I know BSI has been called in on the case so... its not just simple homicide.  Will you let me help?"

If the officer or official refuses or makes it seem as if his efforts are unwanted... Thunderbolt will leave without issue or argument.
« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2012 at 5:54pm by Thunderbolt »  

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #3 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 9:08am

Stalker will continue his routine of watching the sites know for gang and drug activity. As much as he is able to between his work shifts. The BSI guys are big league, not sure if he is ready for that.

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #4 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 11:14am

The Machinist acknowledged Agent Woo's request. He packed his gear and setup up his computers and visor with a new series of encryption keys. He wondered if his feedback trap which would prevent machine control by a Meta would work. {OOC: Will spend 1 Inventing Point on 1 shot invention for this}

He asked if the new people are Masks or False Masks. Agent Woo knew that Machinist called Politicians and Bureaucrats "False Masks" because every word or action they took were lies and self serving. He knew their secrets and he would never let them forget that he knew.

He travel quickly to the BSI field office. "So what is the intel on the permanent facilities. I don't think Power Chord and I are the Real World type and I am willing to bet the same for Skyhawk too.

V&V character creation is too much fun.
                                     - Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM
http://vav-megalopolis-pbem.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #5 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 11:30pm

GM to the group

Skyhawk - I'm waiting to hear from Jack Frost before I post a reply to you, as he's also in the area.

Stalker - Standby, as I need to kind of nudge you in certain direction, so work with me a bit.

Thunderbolt, stand by until I hear the Machinist's next response, then BSI will deal with your rather public intro to them. 

The Machinist - Agent Woo, doesn't look happy in the least bit. She informs you that her superiors have determined that they don't you guys running around "unsupervised", as most of you are still new to the scene. If, you're willing to play by a few rules, they'll back you, provide you with some sort of new digs, provide legal cover for your activities, and grant you access to information that you normally wouldn't have access to.

But, as you know, nothing's free. She informs you that "Mr. Smith", has flown in from DC, and has brought along a couple of people that they want you to meet. And with that, as if on queue, in walks "Mr. Smith", and a tall blond haired, male in a colorful uniform, who fits the bill of the individual you saw flying earlier.

Mr. Smith looks you dead in the eye, and says "Well, well, well...it's been a while, good to see you again." with a bit of snide tone.  "I'm sorry, that was quite rude of me. Allow me to introduce your newest member, Rampart."

Ghost - Your free to execute the actions we discussed previously, at this time.

Responses?
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2012 at 6:23am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #6 - Jul 21st, 2012 at 11:58am

OOC: No Prob

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #7 - Jul 21st, 2012 at 3:28pm

Lorenzo is in his shop making a few adjustments on a custom fuel injector system to squeeze a few extra hp from one of his engines when a flash of remembrance hits him.
"Oh yeah, that phone Thunderbolt gave me... I wonder if it works."
He dials the number and waits...

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #8 - Jul 21st, 2012 at 7:14pm

dsumner wrote on Jul 20th, 2012 at 11:30pm:
GM to the group

The Machinist - Agent Woo, doesn't look happy in the least bit. She informs you that her superiors have determined that they don't you guys running around "unsupervised", as most of you are still new to the scene. If, you're willing to play by a few rules, they'll back you, provide you with some sort of new digs, provide legal cover for your activities, and grant you access to information that you normally wouldn't have access to.

But, as you know, nothing's free. She informs you that "Mr. Smith", has flown in from DC, and has brought along a couple of people that they want you to meet. And with that, as if on queue, in walks "Mr. Smith", and a tall blond haired, male in a colorful uniform, who fits the bill of the individual you saw flying earlier.

Mr. Smith looks you dead in the eye, and says "Well, well, well...it's been a while, good to see you again." with a bit of snide tone.  "I'm sorry, that was quite rude of me. Allow me to introduce your newest member, Rampart."

Responses?

"No need to apologize. You above all people know I value honesty over etiquette."

"What I don't know is what you dislike more. Me and the Protectors or the fact that BSI needs us but can't control us?"

Machinist smiled at Agent Woo.

"It can't be the Protectors because you keep bringing us gifts. First Skyhawk, then Agent Woo, and now Rampart. A obvious sign that you care. So it is either me or the lack of control"

Machinist waves a dismissive hand to stop Mr. Smith from responding. "We both know the answer but why spoil the surprise for the others. See I can keep a secret."

"What I really want to discuss is this new 'house' you want to set us up in. Will we get the same kind of autonomy as the Guardians?"

"Can we bring Amber Green on a tour and give her an exclusive interview there?"

Machinist turned to Rampart extending his hand to him in greeting. "Welcome aboard. Hopefully Power Chord, our leader, will get here shortly."

Machinist looked to Mr. Smith, "We still get to decide who our leader is, right?"

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #9 - Jul 21st, 2012 at 9:18pm

Unable not to overhear the exchange of seemingly adversaries, Jason listened carefully, trying to pick up on the cause of the tension between the two men. He had been given a quick briefing and had followed the public exploits of the Protectors. For the past few months they had done some real good for Empire City. They were a small squad so far, but had potential to be a power that could hold back the tide of forces that had arisen in the Guardians absence.

The Guardians had a great working relationship that had been built over decades. Trust had been earned over time on both sides. Obviously there is a bit more work to be done before the Protectors and BSI get to that level of trust. I haven’t seen two alphas marking territory like this since grampa and I went hunting coyote that last summer. I told these guys this was the wrong way to handle this. You can’t run roughshod over civilians, even ex-military, and expect them to smile about it.

Once Machinist is finished with “Mr. Smith” and turns to take his hand, Rampart shakes it with a firm grip and open smile. The fact that both of the two ‘masked’ men wear visors made it hard to get a true read on their facial expressions. There was no mistaking Machinist tone of voice though.  “Thanks, I appreciate that, but I think there’s been some mistake.” Here goes nothing. “I agreed to ‘Mr. Smith’ request to meet with you. I never agreed to being ‘placed’ on your team. I think he forgets officially I’m a civilian now. Maybe when your leader shows up … Power Chord, right? Maybe the three of us can take a walk and see where it leads.”
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2012 at 10:48pm by Ranger »  

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #10 - Jul 22nd, 2012 at 1:52am

Lord Inar wrote on Jul 21st, 2012 at 3:28pm:
Lorenzo is in his shop making a few adjustments on a custom fuel injector system to squeeze a few extra hp from one of his engines when a flash of remembrance hits him.
"Oh yeah, that phone Thunderbolt gave me... I wonder if it works."
He dials the number and waits...

Not ignoring you Lord Inar... just waiting for Dom's response to Machinist... as he told me to hold.

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #11 - Jul 22nd, 2012 at 2:46am

OOC: I'm a little confused as to what we should post, where... Here's Power Chord's turn, if he gets one... let me know if I need to post to the blog...

IC Power Chord:
Near midnight, close to the ECU campus, lightning flashed momentarily lighting the exterior of the early nineteenth century brownstone as large rain drops begins to fall.  There were no lights to be seen through the windows of the first two floors.  Something flickers like candle light through the upper floor window, but maybe a little too bright for candles showing through the fluttering curtains.

Inside the room a maelstrom rushes about the room, books and objects float in apparent chaos, but at the eye of the storm, a man floats in the lotus position.  Before him a dagger spins end over end.

Power Chord’s brow is dotted with perspiration; this is not the passive meditation he has become used to as of late.  Something is wrong…  The candles at the points of the pentagram again flare, as if something is coming against the wards.  His eyes do not open, and the murmur from his lips does not stop.  There must be something there, some relationship…

Power Chord’s mind returns to the prophecy he had intoned what seemed like an eternity ago.

“I see a dark time for this world, A King returns, and the dead walk again. Those that live on the blood of innocence, and cannot survive long the light of the day.”

“Evil from many sources focused on this world, but we shall stand against them, and they shall break like waves on the shore.”

Where these the things that interrupted his sleep? Was the dagger the key, or just a key?

As he slowly opened his eyes, the maelstrom subsided, and the candles returned to their normal brilliance.  Books that were floating around the room closed themselves, and floated back to their bookshelves, as Power Chord slowly lowered until he was touching the ground.   He glanced around verifying everything appeared to be in place, when his eyes widened.  The dagger still spun.  He had withdrawn his power, commanding it to return to the case across the room, but it remained.  The dagger suddenly lurched, and flew across the room, thunking solidly into an ancient wooden chest of drawers… Curiously, Power Chord wove a spell to detect any magical creatures or spells remaining, and verified he knew every one before he approached the dagger.   He opened the drawer, and withdrew its sole content, a pouch containing an amulet he had forgotten about.  He pondered the amulet, and grasped the dagger by the hilt.  It appeared nothing more than an ancient artifact, he could detect powerful magics within it, but it sat lifeless on his palm.  He returned it to the case he had specially made for it, and closed the silver lined glass lid.
Dirk turned and headed for a shower.   

Tomorrow he would contact the team; it was time for them to investigate Jonesville…
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2012 at 2:47am by Hammer »  

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #12 - Jul 22nd, 2012 at 12:58pm

Thunderbolt wrote on Jul 22nd, 2012 at 1:52am:
Not ignoring you Lord Inar... just waiting for Dom's response to Machinist... as he told me to hold.

No problem, I'm slow to return!

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #13 - Jul 23rd, 2012 at 12:20am

Jon, damn nice write up Smiley
« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2012 at 1:29pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #14 - Jul 24th, 2012 at 1:56pm

GM Replies

Mr. Smith to the Machinist: "Well "old buddy", I see you haven't lost your charm. As I don't have time to waste, I'll let you all get to know each other. But rest assured, I'll will be seeing you again." And with that, Mr. Smith abruptly turns and leaves you, Rampart, and Agent Woo alone in the office.

Once you and Rampart take a moment to introduce your selves to each other. Agent Woo answers your questions.

Agent Woo to the Machinist: "As it stands right now, were looking at renting out some space out near the airport for you all, as it would make transportation arrangements easier. We're waiting on Mr. Smith to approve the funding request I submitted to him, but I don't see that as a problem.

As far as the press is concerned, for the moment, I'll be handling any requests for interviews, as we'd like to keep a handle on things. DC wants to make sure you're, and I quote, "presenting the proper image to the public, in this time of uncertainty."  (She rolls her eyes as she says it.).

Agent Woo to Rampart: "If you two want, I can let you use the conference room, so you can sit down, and get to know each other. I've got some phone calls I need to make anyway.

Agent Woo to the two of you: Oh, and before I forget, when you're finished could one of you try to reach Skyhawk for me? (Rampart will be familiar with Skyhawk, as he was briefed on him) We'd ask him to check out the area where that meteor shower struck the other night, and they're riding me for some sort of report before the end of the day."

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #15 - Jul 24th, 2012 at 2:05pm

GM Replies Part Two

GM to Power Chord: Power Chord's powerful visions lead him to seek out the other members of the team. After what was a restless night, he journeys to the BSI field office seeking to contact the other members of the team. As he arrives, he spies the striking young figure of a man hovering near the entrance to the facility (it's Thundebolt but you don't know that yet).

As he stares for a moment, trying to determine the young mans intent, the young man speaks, announcing his intentions to anyone within earshot. Within seconds, a squad of a half dozen BSI security personnel are out the door. While they don't have their weapons drawn, they don't look pleased.

GM Replies to T-Bolt: Within moments of you finishing your speech, a half dozen black clad BSI security personnel rush out the doors, clearly upset about your presence. While all of them are armed with automatic weapons, none of them are pointing their weapons at you.

GM to the two of you: I'll need actions from both of you.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #16 - Jul 24th, 2012 at 2:13pm

GM to Skyhawk: OK, I haven't heard back from Jack Frost, so I'm going to keep rolling.

Achilles sensors allow you to pick up higher than normal background radiation in the area. While it's not dangerous, it is something you think you'll want someone to keep an eye on.

Within minutes of completing your aerial scan, you're able to spot the van from the ECU team, quickly arrive at their location. Upon your arrival, you notice that no one seems to be around. You check the van, and find that it's unlocked. You do a quick search around the area, but still can find signs of any of the team, although their campsite does appear to have been recently occupied. You also notice that radio and cell phone reception in the area, leaves a lot to be desired.

Actions?

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #17 - Jul 24th, 2012 at 2:21pm

GM Replies to Stalker: You've had a few days of piece and quiet at work, and are glad for the break, as it was a little on the hectic side for a while. The down time allows you to train, rest up, and keep your eyes open for anything out of the ordinary down at the port. Things look to be running smoothly as you arrive for your work shift. You clock in, and as you're getting your briefing, you can't help but notice what sounds like someone sobbing softly just outside the door.

After you a moment, you're able to make out who it is. It's Ramona Fitzpatrick, your dispatcher. She's an older lady, in her early 50's. You've only spoken to her a few times, and but she always seems pleasant enough when you speak to her. She seems extremely upset, which is very out of character for her.

Actions?

YIM  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #18 - Jul 24th, 2012 at 3:34pm

dsumner wrote on Jul 24th, 2012 at 1:56pm:
GM Replies

Agent Woo to the Machinist: "As it stands right now, were looking at renting out some space out near the airport for you all, as it would make transportation arrangements easier. We're waiting on Mr. Smith to approve the funding request I submitted to him, but I don't see that as a problem.

Okay, as long as we don't have to live there but we use it as command post, I willing to give it a try with Power Chord's agreement of course.

My experience is always to expect problems with Mr. Smith, but 'corraling' us will make him look good so I expect you are right on his approving the funding.

As far as the press is concerned, for the moment, I'll be handling any requests for interviews, as we'd like to keep a handle on things. DC wants to make sure you're, and I quote, "presenting the proper image to the public, in this time of uncertainty."  (She rolls her eyes as she says it.).

Machinist thinks to himself, "Careful you could easily fall for her and where would that lead you."

Machinist smiles at Agent Woo, "Oh, I had no interest in doing the interviews myself, but I would like to meet Amber Green. Reporters are still the best at finding hidden truth and I feel like we owe her that much after the way we snubbed her at the fire."

"I promise to let you do all the talking and I will present the 'proper image'."

The Machinist quickly created a projector which showed an image on a hero with a cleft chin; wavely black hair; squaire jaw; red, while, and blue tights; billowing cape; and a giant 'M' on his chest.

"Something like this?" He asked hoping Agent Woo would laugh or at least smile.

Agent Woo to the two of you: Oh, and before I forget, when you're finished could one of you try to reach Skyhawk for me? (Rampart will be familiar with Skyhawk, as he was briefed on him) We'd ask him to check out the area where that meteor shower struck the other night, and they're riding me for some sort of report before the end of the day."

"Sure, gladly." Machinist touches his visor to activate his comm. He signalled Skyhawk. If he has problems reaching him. He will strengthen the signal using laser communications and an array of satellites.

"Skyhawk, do you read me. This is Machinist. We need you to report in with your situational status, come in Skyhawk."

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #19 - Jul 24th, 2012 at 6:11pm

dsumner wrote on Jul 24th, 2012 at 2:21pm:
GM Replies to Stalker: You've had a few days of piece and quiet at work, and are glad for the break, as it was a little on the hectic side for a while. The down time allows you to train, rest up, and keep your eyes open for anything out of the ordinary down at the port. Things look to be running smoothly as you arrive for your work shift. You clock in, and as you're getting your briefing, you can't help but notice what sounds like someone sobbing softly just outside the door.

After you a moment, you're able to make out who it is. It's Ramona Fitzpatrick, your dispatcher. She's an older lady, in her early 50's. You've only spoken to her a few times, and but she always seems pleasant enough when you speak to her. She seems extremely upset, which is very out of character for her.

Actions?

Keith clocks in and turns to make his way to his patrol. Trying to ignore the woman's tears. As he reaches for the door he remembers Craig pointing out to him that if he doesn't make an effort to be more approachable,both in and out of uniform,he'll still be nothing more than a weapon. Keith closes his eyes,takes a deep breath and turns slowly around. "Ms. Fitzpatrick"He tries for a cheery tone even though he is out of practice using one.
"Can I get you a tissue or something?"

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #20 - Jul 24th, 2012 at 8:12pm

Jason watches the interplay between Machinist and Agent Woo. Waiting until she is half way out the door, “Why do I always get the feeling with bureaucrats like Smith your friends and enemies are one and the same?”  After the door closes he allows the slightest hint of a warm grin rise on his masked face. “Woo on the other hand . . . Hmmm, we never had liaisons like that back in my day."

While Machinist tries to make contact with Skyhawk, Jason walks over to an exterior window looking out at the city and citizens he has sworn to guard.This city is used to being protected by the best ‘heroes’ this country ... maybe the world, has to offer. I hope the Protectors are up to the task. I hope I’m ready to fight for a world that’s passed me by decades ago.
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2012 at 11:32am by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #21 - Jul 24th, 2012 at 8:23pm

The Cougar wrote on Jul 24th, 2012 at 3:34pm:
"Skyhawk, do you read me. This is Machinist. We need you to report in with your situational status, come in Skyhawk."

Receiving the comm from the Machinist, Skyhawk replies. "Hey, What's up? Achilles is picking up slightly elevated levels of background radiation. Nothing dangerous, but it should be watched. I have found the van and campsite of the team from ECU. There is nobody around. I am going to fly around and see if I can find them."
Skyhawk will fly ever expanding circles around the campsite to see if he can find the team.

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #22 - Jul 25th, 2012 at 12:23am

dsumner wrote on Jul 24th, 2012 at 2:05pm:
GM Replies Part Two

GM to Power Chord: Power Chord's powerful visions lead him to seek out the other members of the team. After what was a restless night, he journeys to the BSI field office seeking to contact the other members of the team. As he arrives, he spies the striking young figure of a man hovering near the entrance to the facility (it's Thundebolt but you don't know that yet).

As he stares for a moment, trying to determine the young mans intent, the young man speaks, announcing his intentions to anyone within earshot. Within seconds, a squad of a half dozen BSI security personnel are out the door. While they don't have their weapons drawn, they don't look pleased.

GM Replies to T-Bolt: Within moments of you finishing your speech, a half dozen black clad BSI security personnel rush out the doors, clearly upset about your presence. While all of them are armed with automatic weapons, none of them are pointing their weapons at you.

GM to the two of you: I'll need actions from both of you.

Thunderbolt watches impassively as the BSI Agents move into position weapons not pointed at him but at the ready.

Shawn sighs disappointingly, {This is what I get for being so focused on Leonetti and his cronies rather than helping out more locally.  But you'd think they'd remember the gun runners I apprehended a few weeks ago...?  I even waited for the authorities to so up.  I'd sort of expect this reaction from Police, I kinda had to stay distant from them... some of them know my dad... ah well.  I guess my attempts at being scary to street thugs... are working... too well in fact!}

Thunderbolt is about to speak... when ... very under-climatically and untimely one of his cell phones rings.  It's actually rather embarrassing...

Thunderbolt instantly realizes its one of the RONIN contact phones, {Yep.  This is comical.  You can only blame yourself for this 'bolt-head' - you told them every 4 hours your phone would be on... and it's noon. Sigh...}

Very slowly and exaggeratedly Thunderbolt opens his duster and pulls out the offending cell-phone, not because he's afraid of getting shot but because he does not want to risk his magnetic shield deflecting some over-eager agent's bullet into some innocent bystander.

Speaking to the assembling agents, "{Ahem}, Sorry... I...I have to take this..."

Triggering the phone accept, {"Yes, this is Thunderbolt.  Nice to hear from you Diesel.  Is everything ok?  If so... would you mind suiting up and coming down town to the BSI Headquarters?  I have a... situation here... and I think its time RONIN stepped out of the shadows.  Call Stalker too... I doubt he will show... but we should at least offer. Thank you.. sorry for the shortness... but I must go."}

Thunderbolt hangs up and puts the phone away.

Addressing the agents again, "Sorry.  At least it was not my little sister calling to remind me not to forget to bring home bread, milk, and cheese."

He pauses to let the lightness of his tone hopefully deescalate the moment with mirth.

"You don't need the guns gentlemen... not that they would help - anyways, but I'm not here to fight; just talk and maybe help you catch a serial killer if you will let me.  I trust you are getting a SAIC on the horn who is willing to come talk to me?"
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2012 at 7:30pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #23 - Jul 25th, 2012 at 3:16pm

The Machinist relayed the information Skyhawk gave him to Agent Woo.

The Machinist's smile dropped as he turned to face Rampart again. "Really?!? and when was 'back in your day' exactly?"

The Machinist sent a mental command to his home base computers to start a records search on 'Captain Air Force'

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #24 - Jul 25th, 2012 at 4:45pm

Thunderbolt wrote on Jul 25th, 2012 at 12:23am:
Triggering the phone accept, "Yes, this is Thunderbolt.  Nice to hear from you Diesel.  Is everything ok?  If so... would you mind suiting up and coming down town to the BSI Headquarters?  I have a... situation here... and I think its time RONIN stepped out of the shadows.  Call Stalker too... I doubt he will show... but we should at least offer. Thank you.. sorry for the shortness... but I must go."

Thunderbolt hangs up and puts the phone away.

"Damn, I was almost hoping no one would answer." Lorenzo sighs to himself. "If they hadn't, I could finally lay this idea of becoming a hero to rest. I wish the shop hadn't become so boring since my last excursion." He puts down the mini-welder and goes over to the door leading to his custom van housing the Diesel armor, gets in, charts a path enabling him to find the closest location where he can discreetly exit the van in armor and still get to BSI headquarters. "OK, fickle hand of fate and fortune, lead the way." He puts the van in gear and heads to BSI.

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #25 - Jul 25th, 2012 at 5:50pm

The Cougar wrote on Jul 25th, 2012 at 3:16pm:
The Machinist's smile dropped as he turned to face Rampart again. "Really?!? and when was 'back in your day' exactly?"

Still looking out the window at the present, while his thoughts drift in the past. His voice laden with the weight of everything that has came and gone since Operation: Tartarus. "Hmmm? Oh ... uhm sorry, was an Air Force pilot before all this. You know how it is. Briefings, debriefings, there always seemed to be a 'player' somewhere in the room."

The Cougar wrote on Jul 25th, 2012 at 3:16pm:
The Machinist sent a mental command to his home base computers to start a records search on 'Captain Air Force'
Smiley
OOC: okay I'll give you Air Force (duh huh  Cheesy) curious why you assigned him rank of captain?  Huh  Tom ... dude, that's me yanking your chain pal  Wink

PS: For fun I googled Captain Air Force: About 20,000,000 results (0.36 seconds)  Cool

Rampart: back IC
A soft sigh and suddenly deciding time to put the past away for another day, Jason asked light-heartedly. "Can you call Power Chord? There isn't any reason to stick around this place is there? Unless you'd rather interview me in the 'conference room'? . . . This weather is spectacular. Let's fly out and give Skyhawk a hand."

« Last Edit: Jul 25th, 2012 at 6:06pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #26 - Jul 26th, 2012 at 2:30pm

I picked Captain because he is a hero, All superheroes with a rank are Captains, ie Captain America, Captain Atom, Captain Marvel and the villains are Majors or Generals. So that is why Tongue

Machinist IC: "Let's walk out front and wait for Power Chord there. I will contact Agent Woo to let her know we desire to meet with Skyhawk at his location once Power Chord arrives."

Machinists activiated his comm to contact Woo. With the other hand he tossed a spare comm unit to Rampart.

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #27 - Jul 26th, 2012 at 3:15pm

Power Chord IC: A smile crosses his lips as he observes the youth floating before the BSI.  His body language and gestures clearly indicate his intentions are not aggressive.

PC almost laughs out loud as the cell phone rings, and he takes the time to answer it, seemingly oblivious to what is going on.

He certainly appears prepared for trouble, with the number of weapons he carries and the fact that he is obviously “special,” floating above the pavement.  His apparent lack of concern leads Dirk to believe he has some method of protection beyond that of his duster…

Just to be on the safe side, PC will erect a Mystic Barrier (Force Field) around himself first, and then between the BSI agents and the young man.  From above and behind, “I don’t think they are used to un-invited guests like us.  Perhaps I could facilitate an introduction.  My name is Power Chord, and you are?”

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #28 - Jul 26th, 2012 at 3:45pm

Hammer wrote on Jul 26th, 2012 at 3:15pm:
Power Chord IC: A smile crosses his lips as he observes the youth floating before the BSI.  His body language and gestures clearly indicate his intentions are not aggressive.

PC almost laughs out loud as the cell phone rings, and he takes the time to answer it, seemingly oblivious to what is going on.

He certainly appears prepared for trouble, with the number of weapons he carries and the fact that he is obviously “special,” floating above the pavement.  His apparent lack of concern leads Dirk to believe he has some method of protection beyond that of his duster…

Just to be on the safe side, PC will erect a Mystic Barrier (Force Field) around himself first, and then between the BSI agents and the young man.  From above and behind, “I don’t think they are used to un-invited guests like us.  Perhaps I could facilitate an introduction.  My name is Power Chord, and you are?”

Thunderbolt floats above the pavement  watching the assembled agents when his radar-sense detects the approach of a flying person approaching above and behind him.  So as not to alarm the agents Thunderbolt rises slowly to the same height and turns in the air.

Unfolding his arms that had been crossed at his chest he speaks a warning to the Agents, "A flying man is approaching...  don't know his intention... hang on please, no shooting!!!"

Turning to meet the approaching figure his radar sense contacts a solid perfectly spherical object surrounding the approaching man and barricading the Agents on the ground.

Thunderbolt glances toward the Agents below concerned they might have been attacked but he 'sees' nothing visually different.

Looking back to the costumed man, {Okaaaay... he's new!  Doesn't look like someone who'd be one of Leonetti's thugs though...}

But at Power Chord's polite introduction its obvious he means the agents no harm and Thunderbolt visibly relaxes.

"Uhm, Hello... Power Chord.  I'm.. Thunderbolt.  I knew there were more para-normals in Empire City but this is the first I'd heard of you...  I've been trying to organize a Team ... we have four of us for now... though one of our number is out of town...'family matters'.  One possibly two of our members are on their way here now.  I would not be so forward as to call myself the leader of the team but I am pushing for us to get organized.  We call ourselves RONIN for indeed we are 'masterless warriors'.  But we want to make the city safe from those who prey upon its innocent. 

"Neat trick whatever you put over the BSI Agents... I can't see it - but I do detect its presence.  I'm not here to hurt anyone... but I don't want any deflected bullets hurting bystanders by your barrier{?} or my magnetic shield - can we drop them both?  You're obviously one of the 'good guys'."

"I came here to offer, at least, my help in solving the recent string of murders that have the police baffled.  I have a little sister about the age of the victims... I want not only her safe but others as well.  You can introduce me to BSI?  You know the BSI Superiors?"

« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2012 at 6:06pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #29 - Jul 26th, 2012 at 5:32pm

"Let's walk out front and wait for Power Chord there. I will contact Agent Woo to let her know we desire to meet with Skyhawk at his location once Power Chord arrives."

Machinists activiated his comm to contact Woo. With the other hand he tossed a spare comm unit to Rampart.

Smoothly snatching the device tossed across the room Rampart gives it a once over. It looks like some of the better high-tech comm units he'd seen the STOP teams using when preparring for a training exercise. Crap, this is embarrassing. I could tuck it away and hope that no one tries to contact me with it . . . No, if he trust me enough to share his custom gear I need to lay my pride aside long enough to figure out how to use it. You never know when some 'cape' trouble is going to pop up.

'Cough'  "Sure sounds like a plan. Maybe you can show me how this thing works on the way?"  after they make it a few steps out the door,  "I don't suppose there's a way to integrate something like this into my visor is there?"
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2012 at 11:15am by Ranger »  

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #30 - Jul 27th, 2012 at 3:29pm

"Sure. I can easily integrate it into your visor, even without using duck tape."

The Machinist puts out his hand for Rampart to place his visor in it.

"Do you want touch activation, voice activation, or both?"

OOC: Dom its your call if the integration counts as an invention. If it does requires a portion (or all) of an  invention point. I am glad to spend it.

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #31 - Jul 27th, 2012 at 3:52pm

"You can do that? I knew you were tech-oriented but that's amazing." My engineering degree is twenty-five years old. I hope I don't end up needing a translator to understand half of what this guy is talking about. "Thanks ... both I guess. You never know which way the tactical environment is going to go."

As the two men walk toward the main entrance of the building, the sound of a tactical squad being mobilized fills the lobby, "What's all the ruckus outside about?"
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2012 at 3:41am by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #32 - Jul 27th, 2012 at 5:03pm

“I agree, I see no need for the shields at this point, as a gesture of faith,” Power Chord waves his hand dropping both shields.

“We’ve been working with the BSI since the incident at Citizens Bank and Trust.  Our liaison is Agent Woo, and that is who I would be introducing you too.  I was actually on my way here to meet some of the members of my team.  We had heard about a couple of murders, but hadn’t really had a chance to look into it.  I believe we were headed to Jonesville to look into a series of odd phenomena related to meteorites.”  While talking, Power Chord glides toward the door to the BSI building, gesturing to Thunderbolt to join him.

“I’m glad to hear that your sister is safe, and I certainly understand your desire to catch whomever is responsible.”

He nods to the agents around the door, and gestures for Thunderbolt to precede him inside. "Gentlemen," He says to the agents, "I believe we are expecting a few more guests if you would bring them to the conference room when they arrive it would be greatly appreciated."

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #33 - Jul 27th, 2012 at 6:05pm

Thunderbolt is ... very impressed by Power Chord, no knee-jerk reactions, no suspiciousness ... calm and ...regal after a fashion.  Thunderbolt realized he was truly in the presence of a professional superhero.

He was frankly... quite awestruck.

Thunderbolt drops his magnetic field and follows PC listening carefully, "Uh. Yes Sir."

"I was also interested in the meteor that landed.  I was curious what minerals might have survived re-entry.  Meteoric cobalt and nickel-iron could be very useful in some of my personal researches into magnetic monopoles!  But the serial killer seemed to be more of a public safety issue that should not be ignored... regardless of my personal curiosity."

Thunderbolt floats next to Power Chord, his metallic meshed white cloak fluttering to the magnetic breeze he creates with his will...

"YOUR Team?  I  did not know there was another Superhero Team operating in Empire City... or I would have tried to make contact much sooner!"

As they approach the door to the building Thunderbolt gestures...not even looking at the door and the metal door opens automatically to his passing desire.

"I have been busy with RONIN trying to track down the source of a highly illegal Trans-mutegenetic street drug that is being pushed called 'Boost'.  It gives the users superpowers and drives them into psychotic-rage fits before it potentially kills them from Overdose!"

He lands lightly on the floor of the BSI building lobby.  His costume makes a very distinct 'shinging' sound as he moves -it must all be made of some kind of metal mesh... The security scanner machines all almost immediately go off with their alarms as his overlapping magnetic fields trigger their sensitive electronic detectors.

"I have a vested interest... I an my little sister were abducted almost a year ago and I believe a 1st Gen version of this same drug was tested on us against our will... by a freak twist of fate it gave me my powers...permanently.  I have been trying to stop those pushing it... mainly the Leonetti Mafia Cartel Family.  I've gotten their ire and they have since hired super-powered mercenary muscle to protect their activities..."

Glancing at the security scanner booths and the racket they are making he gestures and there is an arc of electricity at his fingertips as he simply turns the machines off with some electrical machine control.  Magnetically Holding the door for Power Chord he follows walking next to  him into the building his attention focused totally upon Power Chord... seemingly not needing to see where he is going to navigate the hallways of the BSI HQ.
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2012 at 6:14pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #34 - Jul 28th, 2012 at 1:35am

GM To the group: OK gents, unfortunately, due to work commitments, Jack Frost is sidelined, but wants to come back in when his work load gets back to something more manageable, so until then, he'll be on standby. So, for now, Skyhawk is winging it alone.

YIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Topic Tools

>