Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Topic Tools
Locked Topic The Protectors, Vol. 2, Issue 1: When we last left our heroes (Read 34387 times)
dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Re: When we last left our heroes
Reply #35 - Jul 28th, 2012 at 1:45am

GM Replies to Stalker:

It takes Mrs. Fitzpatrick a moment to answer you. "It's..., it's my, sniff, daughter. She's, sniff, she's been missing for days, and then this morning, the police came her to talk to me, asking all sorts of questions about who she was doing, and if she had a boyfriend. They won't tell me anything and I'm sacred, to death. Why won't they tell me anything?"

You notice a card on her desk with a phone number for ECPD's Major Crimes Unit on it. And wonder why they'd be investigating what would normally be a missing person case.

Actions?

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #36 - Jul 28th, 2012 at 1:52am

GM Replies to Skyhawk:

You spend roughly an hour flying around, but you've got no luck finding the team from ECU, and begin to wonder where they could have gone off to, as the only people you spot are the residents of the town, who seem to be going about their daily lives. After taking a minute scan the area, you can pick out the Police station, city hall, and medical clinic. You see two police cars parked outside the police station, and several people milling about city hall. You figure one of the two is your best bet for finding out if anyone's seen the ECU students and their professor.

Actions?

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #37 - Jul 28th, 2012 at 3:37am

The Cougar wrote on Jul 27th, 2012 at 3:29pm:
OOC: Dom its your call if the integration counts as an invention. If it does requires a portion (or all) of an  invention point. I am glad to spend it.

You get a freebie on this one, as the rest of the team already has comm gear to speak with BSI.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #38 - Jul 28th, 2012 at 3:42am

GM to Rampart & The Machinist: As the two of you are conversing, Agent Woo buzzes in.

Bing!

"Excuse me gentlemen, but we have a...situation outside, an unplanned visitor. A security team is onsite, and it looks like Power Chord is checking him out. So if the two of you would meet me out front." 

Actions?

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #39 - Jul 28th, 2012 at 3:51am

GM to Diesel: You pull out of the shop, and ease into traffic. Since it's the middle of the day, you're making pretty good time, but it's still going to take you a minute to get to the BSi field office, and click on the radio to pass the time, while you think about everything that's happened to you since donning the suit. You can't help but thing you'll see Death Warrant (Originally named Nemesis, but I switched it up) again, and wonder exactly what his connection to the various organized crime families is. You also happen to hear a news report of another young girl going missing, last night, and her father pleads for any information about her possible whereabouts, before getting close to your final destination.

It'll take your roughly 20 minutes to make the drive, and find some place, out of sight to park. How do you want to make your actual approach to the building once you arrive?

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #40 - Jul 28th, 2012 at 3:52am

Ranger wrote on Jul 28th, 2012 at 3:44am:
dsumner wrote on Jul 28th, 2012 at 3:37am:
The Cougar wrote on Jul 27th, 2012 at 3:29pm:
OOC: Dom its your call if the integration counts as an invention. If it does requires a portion (or all) of an  invention point. I am glad to spend it.

You get a freebie on this one, as the rest of the team already has comm gear to speak with BSI.

Cool, because I would have insisted it come out of my Inventing Point pool Smiley

Also gents, to keep this thread clutter free, shoot me any OOC questions like that as a PM.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Re: The Protectors, Vol. 2, Issue 1: When we last left our heroes
Reply #41 - Jul 28th, 2012 at 4:27am

GM to T-Bolt, and Power Chord:

As the two of you continue your conversation, a firm, polite voice calls out to you from below.

"Excuse me gentlemen, but if the two of you would be so kind as to come down here, it would be appreciated."

It's the voice of one of the BSI security personnel. You can tell by his frown on his brow, and his body language, that he's a bit upset.

Actions?

YIM  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #42 - Jul 28th, 2012 at 4:51am

Bing!

Rampart slips the goggles back over his face mask as the nubile Agent Woo burst from the elevator ... and she looked like a woman on a mission.

"Excuse me gentlemen, but we have a...situation outside, an unplanned visitor. A security team is onsite, and it looks like Power Chord is checking him out. So if the two of you would meet me out front."

"Agent ... Machinist, I hope you don't mind but I think I'll take the side door and fly a BARCAP over the building. Just in case there is more to this. If you two would please inform Power Chord and the security detail, I'll keep an eye out for any other potential unplanned visitors. With a small shake of his head and a soft smile, "Well, I'll say one thing ... you can never accuse Empire City of being boring."
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2012 at 11:37am by Ranger »  

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

"Justice Like Lightning!"

Reply #43 - Jul 28th, 2012 at 8:23am

Thunderbolt is pulled out of his enthrallment {Power Chord DOES have a Charisma of 27!} by the firm authoritative voice from the BSI Officer - realizing his casual actions and attention may have alarmed none-too-few of the Agents assembled.

Shifting his gaze to the annoyed Agent he comments to Power Chord...

"..I'll leave this to you... Power Chord."

Thunderbolt follows Power Chord's lead...
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2012 at 5:07pm by Thunderbolt »  

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #44 - Jul 28th, 2012 at 12:44pm

"Of course officer."

OOC: I'd stated the actions for Power Chord above... His intention is to lead Thunderbolt to the initial conference room where Mr. Smiths initially met with the Protectors.  I'm not sure what effect the shielding there will have on Thunderbolt's powers, but I thnk it would be a safe place for introductions...

Let me know if I need to respond again, or differently.
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2012 at 12:48pm by Hammer »  

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #45 - Jul 28th, 2012 at 1:26pm

dsumner wrote on Jul 28th, 2012 at 1:45am:
GM Replies to Stalker:

It takes Mrs. Fitzpatrick a moment to answer you. "It's..., it's my, sniff, daughter. She's, sniff, she's been missing for days, and then this morning, the police came her to talk to me, asking all sorts of questions about who she was doing, and if she had a boyfriend. They won't tell me anything and I'm sacred, to death. Why won't they tell me anything?"

You notice a card on her desk with a phone number for ECPD's Major Crimes Unit on it. And wonder why they'd be investigating what would normally be a missing person case.

Actions?

"I'm sure it's nothing. Let me see if I can get some answers for you"He casually picks up the card and slides it into his shirt pocket. He walks over to the break area and brings her back some hot tea. "Now I need to get on patrol but I'll check into it as soon as my shift is over"
Later when he returns to the loft,he drops the card on Craig's desk. "See what you can get me on Ms Fitpatrick, and the detective on her case. I may have to visit the Major Crimes Unit" Craig begins his computer search, then stops as the words sink in.  "The ECPD Major Crimes Unit? Are you nuts?! Your good but that's just asking for trouble"He continues to do the search however.

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #46 - Jul 28th, 2012 at 4:08pm

Does Diesel see any "activity" outside BSI? If he does he'll start going in.

If not, Diesel calls Thunderbolt, "I'm here, where do I need to go?"

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #47 - Jul 28th, 2012 at 4:49pm

The Machinist responded to Agent Woo’s instructions. “I was told I was to meet 2 people at BSI today. Are we sure this isn’t the second one? It is very much like Mr. Smith to withhold this kind of info.” He started to walk casually toward the front when Rampart suggested they split up. “Do I mind? Hell yeah I mind!”

Machinist quickly toggled his visor into combat mode. He linked up to the ATM cameras across the street of the BSI and the red light cameras on all the street corners. He sent a query to all the satellites schedules to see which ones, if any, would be focused on the street block that makes up the BSI offices. He linked up with any satellite which would have footage at their location in the last 5 minutes.

Rampart, ’A situation outside, an unplanned visitor’ is not code for an attack. Power Chord, Jack, and myself were also unplanned visitors to BSI when we first showed up. BSI is not under attack at this moment. Agent Woo would not send us out the front door to a powers fight.  Power Chord is handling this. If he was in trouble he would have contacted Skyhawk and me.”

On the upper left most screens of his visor his search on the phrase BARCAP came back. It was the acronym for Barrier Combat Air Patrol.

He click for the definition of the term: One or more divisions or elements of fighter aircraft employed between a force and an objective area as a barrier across the probable direction of enemy attack. It is used as far from the force as control conditions permit, giving added protection against raids that use the most direct routes of approach. See also combat air patrol.

“Gawd, Rampart we are not going out there without the proper intel.” Then it hit him. Rampart wanted to get intel.“Jeez, how long ago was ‘back in the day’ really? We don’t have to leave the building to know what is going on. Please tell me you watched Star Trek Next Generation, otherwise I am about to freak you out.”

Machinist quickly linked up the projector he had earlier to his visor. He projected a 3-D display in front of both Rampart and himself. He quickly started pointing to the 16 different information screens in front of them.

•      “In quad a2 and a3 are the camera feeds from the ATM cameras across the street.”
•       “B4 is a composite splicing on the 3 red light cameras which cover the front entrances of the BSI offices.”
•       “In C2 is the twitter feed of ‘Who watches the Watchmen’”.
Machinist explained to Rampart, “It is one of those conspiracy groups that believe the TV show X-Files was based on BSI activities. So they sit across the street from the different public BSI locations and tweet the activities outside the buildings on their cell phones.”
•      “Over here on D1 is WECN. Let’s see if our visitor has caused enough ruckus for Amber Green to be outside.”
•      “The screens labeled D3 and D4 was attempting to link into the BSI security surveillance cameras for the outside and lobby.”

Machinist studied the screens before him to try to determine what the heck Power Chord had gotten himself into.

At the same time he thought about prior statements made by Rampart.

•      “I never agreed to being ‘placed’ on your team. I think he forgets officially I’m a civilian now.”
•      “Let's fly out and give Skyhawk a hand."
•      "I'll take the side door and fly a BARCAP over the building."
•      “I'll keep an eye out for any other potential unplanned visitors.”

“For someone who isn’t part of the team and isn’t its leader, he sure gives a lot of orders. It is like he is still in the military” The Machinist thought. “I wonder what he and Mr Smith have cooked up together”.
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2012 at 4:54pm by The Cougar »  

V&V character creation is too much fun.
                                     - Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM
http://vav-megalopolis-pbem.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #48 - Jul 28th, 2012 at 6:29pm

Thinking "It would be best if I checked with local Law Enforcement about the group from ECU." Before landing, Skyhawk links his comm up with The Machinist. "Skyhawk to Machinist. No sign of the group from ECU. I am going to contact the local Police to see if they know anything about them."  Skyhawk will glide to a landing in front of the Police station an walk inside. Engaging the first officer he sees, he will give them a rundown on the situation.

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #49 - Jul 28th, 2012 at 7:22pm

Thunderbolt had just gestured to open the metal framed doors of the BSI building ... the wave of magnetic force setting off the security scanner machine's alarms when the BSI Agent intercepted them.  Following Power Chord's lead Thunderbolt landed next to him... none too little embarrassed at his own carelessness.

He had been just about to turn the security scanner machines off to end their incessant racket and was pointedly trying to ignore them ... when... he felt something change in the flow of circuits around him... it was odd... unlike anything he had ever felt before and only because he had just been about to seize control of the security scanner machines did he notice at all - the subtle tug... of some other control being exerted.

He was so perplexed wondering if he'd felt anything at all when his RONIN Cell Phone went off a gain.

{Uggg... why didn't I put that on silent!}

It was Diesel, {"I'm here, where do I need to go?"}

Not bothering to take the cell phone out of his pocket - electricity flashed in his eyes and he took control of the cell phone and spoke softly, {"Its a little dicey right now... come up to the front entrance non-threateningly like.  I'm talking with a Hero named Power Chord.. he knows the BSI Officials and is going to arrange a meeting for us, his team and BSI.  See you in a few..we'll wait.  Oh... and did you try to call Stalker?  I'm kinda.. involved right now... see you soon."}

Looking at the agent Thunderbolt clears his throat...

"{Ahem}, Officer?  My other Teammate has arrived.. I think you already know of him.. he's Diesel.. BIG guy in a metal suit with a Huge Freaking Hammer?  Could you tell your Agents he's not here for trouble either..."

Stepping over to Power Chord he waits for the Officer to get on his radio to inform his men.

Then he mutters to Power Chord, "Ah... Sir, not trying to alarm anyone but.. something ...weird just happened.. I think ...to the machines around us... be wary!?!  No, I don't know against or for what... its wierd... something happened... but I'm not sure just what."

« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2012 at 11:21am by Thunderbolt »  

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #50 - Jul 29th, 2012 at 6:45am

Machinist projected a 3-D display in front of both Rampart and himself. He quickly started pointing to the 16 different information screens in front of them. Then studied the screens trying to determine the situation.

Halting only long enough to get the gist of what the Machinist was talking about, "Uhm, yeah that's great ... you do that. If you see anything worthwhile let me know. I'm still going to use the old Mark Ones and be ready, just in case."

Literally flying out the nearest alternative exit from the building, Rampart soars through the air and takes up an 'overwatch' position to get a personal eye on the conditions below. "Unplanned visitor, may not be code for an attack, but you don't scramble a fully armed security detail because the pizza boy used the wrong entrance. The guy sounds like a technical genius but I think he spent too much time in front of the TV as a kid ... and what the hell is Next Generation?

First, checking for threats in the skies from any other unplanned visitors, Rampart then turns his attention down the front of the building and sees the scene that was being displayed on Machinist holo-screens. Silently listening to the comm-traffic, Jason uses the telescopic and nightvision functions built into his visor, scanning the area for anything ATM cameras and normal vision might miss.

Too many assets being focused in one position. It's not the obvious threat I'm worried about. What kind of person flies up to a federal building in a cape and mask unannounced like this? A simple phone call maybe. No, the kid is either recklessly naive or a feint. Let's hope the first.

OOC: Giving orders? Hope you didn't hurt your back stretching for that one "T" (lol)
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2012 at 7:08am by Ranger »  

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #51 - Jul 29th, 2012 at 8:59pm

With a muted sigh, Machinist activated the BSI communications channel he had used when they were on surveillance at ECU. “Rampart has left the building from a different location than directed, repeat, Rampart has left the building from a side location not the front location as directed. He is performing an aerial patrol. Please don’t shoot him down.”

“Agent Woo, Does the BSI squad know what Rampart looks like? Were they introduced? Oh, and I was wrong it appears he will fit right in with our team. Another act first, thinks later type”

Activating his com to the Protector Channel, “Power Chord there is another ‘Power’ in play. He has flight ability. Imagine Captain Air Force and you should be able to recognize him. His handle is Rampart. He is one of the individuals that BSI wanted us to meet. He has one of my comm. units.”

“Rampart, I don’t know what you have seen of Power Chord but he uses magic to prevent modern electronics from capturing his image correctly. He is wearing a cloak. It is like a heavy cape and hoodie combined.”

“Skyhawk when you meet with the locals keep Achilles out of sight. That way he can notify us if you encounter trouble.”

“Machinist out”
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2012 at 9:09pm by The Cougar »  

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #52 - Jul 29th, 2012 at 10:45pm

Floating above the building watching for anything unusual Rampart calmly listens to the scattered chatter of Machinist over the comm-link. Kid could use some discipline over comm-channels. Sounds like a nervous rookie on his first flight-op. Not everyone is meant to be in the thick of the fighting though, you always need a good intel man keeping an eye on things.

"Machinst, Rampart, relax son this isn't my first rodeo. BSI knows me. Rampart out"

"Magic?" Switching back from nightvision to standard telescopic, Rampart noticed that as Machinist mentioned Power Chord's figure had lacked the detail in nightvision compared to anyone around him. Kid's right about his leader's electronic image. That could be a problem in a crowded environment.

Hmmm ... 'Smith' never mentioned a secondary asset to me during the briefing. I wonder who Machinist is referring to?
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2012 at 10:51pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #53 - Jul 29th, 2012 at 11:22pm

"Machinst, Rampart, relax son this isn't my first rodeo.

"Really? you sure are fooling me. Things have changed since 'Back in the Day' Pops. I am willing to bet this is the first time for you to fly a BARCRAP without sitting in a cockpit.
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2012 at 11:23pm by The Cougar »  

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #54 - Jul 29th, 2012 at 11:51pm

The Cougar wrote on Jul 29th, 2012 at 8:59pm:
Skyhawk when you meet with the locals keep Achilles out of sight. That way he can notify us if you encounter trouble.”

“Machinist out”

"No problem".Achilles fall back into a defensive position. If things head south, call the group and give them an update.Achilles replies,Sure,  I've got you covered.

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #55 - Jul 30th, 2012 at 10:55am

OOC: looking through the threads, I did not see any mention of when in the day these events were occurring so I'm sure Dom will correct me if I am wrong

Stalker left the loft just before sundown. Craig had spent the day going over intel on Dect. Jones and the Major Crimes Unit. He wasn't sure that Stalker's idea was a bright one. Since he had hacked cameras around ECPD,he had heard some radio chatter about a super outside the BSI building. On a lark he checks some camera's in the area.  Nothing that looks like Stalker,that's good.

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #56 - Jul 30th, 2012 at 11:14am

Stalker had spent a few hours going over the intel on the MCU. A bit less than he normally would. But hey these are cops. They usually want to keep people in a secured place not out.  He had used the grapple to reach a point higher than the ECPD building. It was a few streets over. The glider cape worked well over the distance. He makes his way to the window that intel says is Detecive Jones office. He checks to make sure the hood is secure over his helmet, then turns on the night vision lenses. The mirrored face plate is great for intimidation but will suck if anyone should shine a light out the window. Not likely this high up on the building. He peers into the office..

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #57 - Jul 30th, 2012 at 11:53am

"Agent Woo, I am heading out front alone. ETA 15 seconds"

Machinist walks through the lobby toward the front doors, wondering what he is going to find.

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #58 - Jul 30th, 2012 at 5:29pm

[OOC] I thought these were pretty much connected just to Thunderbolt, but I'm remembering incorrectly, Diesel will call Stalker.

He approaches the front door in as non-threatening a manner as possible.

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #59 - Jul 30th, 2012 at 6:42pm

Power Chord smiles as Thunderbolt tells him about what he senses, at the same time hearing the Machinist in his ear...

Power Chord looks up into the sky, but doesn't see anyone.  Power Chord speaks into his bluetooth headset.  "Machinist, I don't see anyone.  There's a young man out here, he appears to have powers similar to yours, he seemed to sense you through the local devices.  Should be interesting."

"Rampart, eh?  I don't see anyone else out here but the BSI security detail," he transmits on the open channel.
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2012 at 7:00pm by Hammer »  

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #60 - Aug 1st, 2012 at 2:17pm

"Rampart, eh?  I don't see anyone else out here but the BSI security detail," he transmits on the open channel.

Still floating a half mile above the BSI building, Rampart sees Power Chord looking up into the sky and hears the Protectors de facto leader response to Machinist on the open channel.  Hell of a way to make an impression on the new 'air boss' Rollins.

Double checking the approaches from the sky, and various streets and alleys surrounding the BSI building, Jason pulls the human equivilant of a looping 'kulbit' and dips down close enough he can see Power Chord without the telescopic vision. Making sure he has the leader's attention, he gives him a respectful salute and remains on guard until the BSI decides to stand down.
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2012 at 9:00pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #61 - Aug 1st, 2012 at 5:58pm

GM Replies to Stalker: After a quick check, Craig is able to find out that Detective Nathan Jones, ECPD Major Crimes unit, is the lead investigator on the case, but MCU is being really tight lipped about what info they're releasing.

He's been able to get into the Coroner's reports, and from what he can determine, all the victims have been young females, between the ages of 16 and 22. All have been in good health, with no history of drugs or excessive alcohol usage. What he does find strange is that the Coroner's cause of death has been redacted from the report.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #62 - Aug 1st, 2012 at 6:00pm

GM Replies to Diesel: Upon your arrival at the BSI off, you notice there's a lot of activity in the area, you see several costumed people outside, as well as about a half dozen men, in dark SWAT type uniforms, and they appear to be heading into the building. You can easily make out T-Bolt's distinctive profile as one of the group.

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #63 - Aug 2nd, 2012 at 1:06am

Thunderbolt gazed in wonder at Power Chord, {Machinist?  Power similar to yours...?  Intriguing!}

Thunderbolt interjected, "My Teammate Diesel has arrived and is approaching the BSI building from the front entrance... just keep anyone from being surprised.  Maybe we should wait for him to join us?"

Listening to the conversation between Power Chord and Machinist... well at least Power Chord's portion of it, he turns and looks skyward directly in the direction Rampart is approaching from; his Radar Senses giving fair warning...

Pointing for Power Chord's benefit, "Incoming!  There is a man shaped figure - in flight approaching from there... perhaps that's your 'Rampart'?"

Thinking, {Huh... there are more meta-humans here in Empire City than I guessed at!  But the teams... seem equivalent in number, though it seems Power Chord does not know this Rampart fella.  So... how organized are these guys really?}
« Last Edit: Aug 2nd, 2012 at 1:11am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #64 - Aug 2nd, 2012 at 10:26am

Stalker moves quietly through the window into Jones' office. Looking around he makes his way to the file cabinet and begins looking through files. He uses a small camera from his belt to snap pics of the files. Noting the lack of info on cause of death for all the girls. He closes the drawer quietly as he can and makes his way back out on the ledge. 'I need to know whats missing from these reports. What are they holding back from the families' He thinks to himself.   A few hours later as he climbs through the loft window, he wakes Craig."See if you can hack the ECPD. I want to know if  Det. Jones is an honest cop. I'm hitting a brick wall on this one."

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #65 - Aug 2nd, 2012 at 2:26pm

GM Replies to Skyhawk: After completing your message back to the group at BSI, you swoop down and land directly in front of the local police station. You don't seem to attract much attention, which you think is a little strange. As you get closer to the ground, you comm signal, which was already a bit shaky, seems to get progressively worse, as does your link to Achilles.

As you enter the front door, an officer almost bumps into you. After introducing yourself to him, he stares at you blankly for a moment, he responds stating in a monotone voice. "Why don't you speak to the chief" as he points to a tall, middle age man, with salt and pepper black hair, sitting behind a desk. He then heads out the door. You also notice that the individual the officer pointed to never once looks up to acknowledge your presence during the entire conversation. 

Actions?
« Last Edit: Aug 2nd, 2012 at 2:28pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #66 - Aug 2nd, 2012 at 2:42pm

GM replies to the group at BSI: Once everyone is gathered together, to include Diesel, the BSI security personnel hustle you into the lobby, where you overhear one of them saying "You know we never had problems like this when the Guardians were around."

Within moments, Agent Woo arrives on the scene. "Okay gentlemen, I'm sure that while you all have a lot to talk about, I think our conference room would be a more appropriate venue than the middle of street. Don't you? "

And with that, she escorts you all back to the same conference room that Rampart and the Machinist were in earlier. After grabbing a few extra chairs, she announces.

" Look guys, I've got to go and brief Mr. Smith and pull some information out of our files...if you need anything, hit the call button on the intercomm (she points at the small speaker like box on the desk), and someone will help you. And, while I know this is will be nearly impossible for SOME of you (giving the Machinist the evil eye), whatever you do, don't touch anything without asking, and try to stay out of trouble until I get back. Do you think you can handle that? "

Actions?

YIM  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #67 - Aug 2nd, 2012 at 10:47pm

Skyhawk tells Achilles "Forward to the Machinist, Situation is getting weirder by the moment. I have a feeling that the Pod People have taken over. Something is off around here. Having a hard time with radio signal and link with Achilles. I will try and contact you soon regardless of any new information."
Walking over to the designated Officer, He will tell him about the missing ECU team.

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #68 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 9:09am

Thunderbolt smiles and winks mischievously at the lovely Asian BSI Agent...

"I'll try to keep them honest ma'am!"

Looking around the room Thunderbolt takes in the look of all the assembled supers then pulls out his RONIN Cell-phone and texts a message to Stalker... unsure if the signal will be able to escape and shielding the room may have but tires anyways.

[TB: Stalker, Diesel and I are at BSI HQ meeting with other Supers - Power Chord, Machinist and Rampart.  Trying to get so 'official' recognition.  Join us if you think its wise... or be ready to save our butts if it gets pear-shaped.]

Putting the cellphone away back into his duster, Diesel will note... Thunderbolt is not carrying his .50cal Desert Eagle in his shoulder holster under his duster today... though the holster is still there.  He looks at everyone again and moves to stand with Diesel.

"I just sent a message to our other teammate... not sure if he'll get it though.  I guess I'll start since I... effectively caused all this confusion.  I'm Thunderbolt, this is Diesel.  We're members of a Team I'm organizing named RONIN.  Our other teammates are Slik Slander and Stalker.  Slik is not available right now."

“We are RONIN!
We serve only Justice,
We make war upon those who spread crime.
We do not compromise, and we do not yield in our goals!
We stand beside our fellow warriors in battle…
the cause of the innocent is our only master!”

He smiles in a self-deprecating way... patting Diesel on the shoulder in a friendly way.

"It may seem corny... but we have each pledged ourselves to this simple cause."

"Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley."

"Though the irony of intimating leading 'Ronin'... is not one lost on me.  So, I'm not really the Team leader, as such... but I'm at least the actual organizer and founder."

"Who are all of you and your affiliation?"
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2012 at 10:02am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #69 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 4:14pm

Having not yet been excepted into the Protectors, regardless of 'Mr. Smith's' botched introduction, Rampart quietly leans against the wall in the corner watching Empire City's active players at work.
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2012 at 4:32pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Topic Tools

>