Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Protectors, Vol. 2, Issue 2 - Welcome to Jonesville (Read 42251 times)
dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Re: The Protectors, Vol. 2, Issue 2 - Welcome to Jonesville
Reply #105 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
GM to Diesel: As you move forward, a bluish beam flashes across your body, and one of the robots speaks, and a strangely electronic tone.

"Hu...mon re...sis..tance will re..sult in your de...struc...tion. "

As it does, the others began maneuvering into a rough circle around the group.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #106 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Hearing the sound of a flame thrower lighting up, Rampart takes a quick look back from the robots that are heading his and the Ghost direction. No ... "Don't! We need a plan!" Rampart twist and turns, his head on a swivel as if he were in a dogfight.

Those legs look like they're built for speed but I don't see any obvious flight equipment. If we can break this circle. String them out. We might turn around the numbers advantage.

OOC: Rampart will spend his first action "evading" any robot attack and use his Weakness Detection against our mechanoid adversaries.
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2012 at 10:46pm by Ranger »  

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #107 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Adjusting his flight path, Skyhawk thinks to Achilles. "Give me a full scan on these Mr. Robotos, what can you tell me about them." He will withhold blasting them until we have a plan, or they attack one of us.

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #108 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
"Try to out flank them, You should be able to get around behind them from the air."

"Using your abilities, can you tell if they are machines or some kind of Aliens in suits?  I'd think you'd be well equiped to handle robots."

"I'm thinking we might find a good use for that Force Field Projector you slapped together, can you set it to project over an area?

"Go in the opposite direction of Skyhawk?  I'm thinking a couple of Hammers to the sides, and we'll be the anvil if needed."

"Stay between them and the team if you can.  It looks like you can probably take a hit better than most of us."

"As I'm unaware of your abilities, I'll trust you to be where you need to be in this conflict.

To everyone, "I know I for one have no intention of being destroyed."

Power Chord will cast Forcefield around himself, and prepare Power Blast if the Robots act in a hostile manner.

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #109 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
Skyhawk replies "Will do."

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #110 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
Hammer wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 8:27pm:
"Stay between them and the team if you can.  It looks like you can probably take a hit better than most of us."

"That's my plan. I won't hit them first, but I will hit back."

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

"Justice Like Lightning!"

Reply #111 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
Sensing the static electric increase in the air from the approaching foes an instant before they arrived Thunderbolt - , takes flight to a height of about 15'ft near head level of the the surrounding mechanic targets...

His electric and magnetic sheath flare into existence arcing lighting in a regular pulsing pattern around his flying form...

Thunderbolt - , "Understood Power Chord scanning now..."

Thunderbolt focuses his Radar Sense on a single target doing a Deep Radar Scan not to see inside but to measures material density to determine if it is metal all the way through the foe... seeking any indication they are a completely mechanical construct...

[No Action {I Think at least so?}:  Using Radar Sense to do a Deep penetrating Radar Scan of the Target;  Observation check?]

Thunderbolt - , speaks to Power Chord - , "We need to break this ambush circle or they'll just barrage us like sitting targets!  I've got a plan to do just that... but it will take teamwork - Me, Anvil and Rampart... and its... erm... a bit aggressive!  I think them shooting beams of energy at us is a clear sign talking is not on the table.  But its your call Power Chord!"

[Holding Actions - Using Electrical Control- Electrify body as Defense]
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2012 at 8:59am by Thunderbolt »  

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #112 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 8:51am
Print Post  
Roger Power Chord, consider it ready. Do I cover us or them?

Machinist modifies his Force Field Projector to cover an circular area. When ready and on Power Chord's signal he will create a protective bubble over the area Power Chord tells him to.
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2012 at 8:58am by The Cougar »  

V&V character creation is too much fun.
                                     - Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM
http://vav-megalopolis-pbem.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #113 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Ghost is more or less staying where he is, hoping to draw some fire from the mechanical opponents.  He will evade first chance he gets, but is floating/darting about in the same general area.
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2012 at 1:19am by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #114 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
"I don't want us surrounded.  If you can prevent them from getting behnd us, or separate some of them like you did Ghost, go for it."

"Thunderbolt, I think you're right, a threat of destruction is enough.  Do your worst."

With that, Power Chord will releast twin bolts of mystic energy at two of the metal clad menaces.

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #115 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt - , nods given the go-ahead by Power Chord - to enact his plan.

"Diesel - , ready your hammer... I'm going to 'fastball special' you at target 12 O'clock of us, 'Batter-up' for the pitch!"

Thunderbolt gestures and a single, metal Kyogetu-Shoge snakes out of his duster pocket on its woven cable cord moving to Diesel and wrapping around his armored waist to lock the hooked end to the cable itself.

"Rampart - ...after I've pitched Diesel - ... grab the Kyogetsu cable and swing Diesel 'around the world' at all the targets.  I'll magnetically keep him facing them on the cable so they can all eat some hammer sandwich when he swings!  Don't worry the cable is 4,000lbs capacity - won't snap."

The weighted end of the Kyogetsu-Shoge also snakes out of his duster pocket with the rest of the 80'ft cable to coil in the air just within reach of Rampart ready to take hold of.

"Everyone else... duck or fly up out of the way... when Rampart swing the cable!"

Thunderbolt Gestures at Diesel and he lifts off the ground as magnetic fields enwrap him...

Thinking, {This should knock a good number of them flat and take one out immediately... I hope.  Should stop them initiating a circle barrage of weapons-fire on us all... theoretically that is...}

"Here's the wind-up... and the Pitch!  HAMMER TIME!!!"

2 actions: [Action 1# Manipulate metallic objects - Kyogetsu {2lbs}; Action 2# Magnetic Blast - 170lb object {Diesel} leaving 1,528lbs capacity for a Velocity of 153" producing +2d8 damage on hit + Diesel's attack with Hammer etc... {Thunderbolt's bonus to hit: +1 weight of object, +2 Acc, +4 all weapons & powers - On HTH chart; Total +7~ approx.}]
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2012 at 11:02pm by Thunderbolt »  

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #116 - Oct 17th, 2012 at 12:46am
Print Post  
Skyhawk fires at the closest droid. "Eat it C-creep-e-o."He states.

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #117 - Oct 17th, 2012 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Machinist moved to place his back to Power Chord's back. He fired his Force Field projects at the Robots that are in front of him.

OOC: He is trying to capture 2 in the Force Field, 3 at the most.

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #118 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
"This might not wooooooork!" as Diesel flies through the air!

[OOC: The armor does weigh something (I never figured out what) so that might lower your leftover CC a bit]
« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2012 at 5:03pm by Lord Inar »  

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #119 - Oct 24th, 2012 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
OOC: Rampart hasn’t used a dialogue, to speak of yet, so . . .

“  . . . Don’t  We need a plan!”

“Go in the opposite direction of Skyhawk? I’m thinking a couple Hammers to the sides, and we’ll be the anvil if needed.”

Splitting forces when we are already out numbered? Hopefully we have the superior firepower. Giving the Protector's cloaked leader the thumbs up, Rampart shakes off Thunderbolt’s complex plan and follows Power Chord’s initial instructions for him to slip the circle of mechanoids. Taking off in the opposite direction of Skyhawk, he dodges and weaves, slipping side to side as he flies over and around the mechanoids. Rampart studies the opposition closely as he makes his way over and outside the circle. Obviously high tech … humanoid in appearance … indicates bi-ped designer … sensors should be in the head, power supply in the chest … Those thin hips and cantered legs definitely aren’t human inspired … animalistic, designed for speed and power.

As he breaks the circle, Rampart quickly checks the direction the mechanoids used to surround the others. Indentations from their paths in the ground should give me an indication if they are heavily constructed robots . . . or maybe something entirely different.

OOC: Crap, just realized, I still didn't give him any dialogue. lol
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2012 at 8:35pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #120 - Oct 29th, 2012 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
GM to the group:

As it stands right, you all are in a small circular clearing approximately 5" x 5" wide. With light brush and trees surrounding you. The robots hold positions roughly equal to clock positions, and are rough 15" from you.

Everyone is at full power and HP with the following exceptions.

Power Chord - Organizing the team's defense, Force Field spell up, working on Power Blast spell.  No actions left.

Rampart - In flight, evading, while holding an action, and observing the robots (or at least that's what I'm getting from your description, if I'm wrong, let me know). 2 actions remaining.

Skyhawk - In flight, receiving the data from Achilles scan, which is a bit confusing, as the results aren't quite what he expected. He's getting conflicting information, while he's expect them to be mechanical, he's also picking up a bio signature. Firing his Power Blast, he strikes the one at 3 O'clock for a whooping 8 points of damage. No actions remaining.

T-bolt - He can definitely sense the robots, and instantly knows they're not constructed of metal, but not much more, as their forms are to alien for him. Using his magnetic abilities to propel Diesel at one of the robots. No actions remaining.

The Machinist - has made a modification to his FF projector, which has now expanded its reach to encompass (2) two or the robots, he ones at 4 & 5 O'clock (but also limiting the amount of damage it can defend against before collapsing). 1 action remaining.

Ghost - Holding fast, waiting for an opportunity to evade. 1 action remaining.

Diesel - Was Holding his action, while using his body as a shield to black any attacks directed at the group. Now being maneuvered to strike one of the robots, and misses.

Once you all have initiated your attacks, the robots counter attack.

The robot at 12 O'clock fires on T-bolt, striking him with an energy beam for 11 points of damage (which is absorbed by his armor) ADR now 41 (as it's got an AR of 4).

The Robots at the 4&5 O'clock position move in on the Machinist, and fire on him, Robot #4 misses, while robot #5 hits for 9 points damage. Do you want to roll with it?

Robots 10 & 11 fire on Skyhawk and miss, while Robots 6&7 fire on Rampart. Robot 6 hits, for 12 Points of damage (let me know how you want to handle it) while robot 7 misses.

Robot 8 fires on Ghost and hits, but his "ghost mode" allows the shot to harmlessly pass through him.

Robots, 1,2 move toward Power Chord, while Robot #3 fires on him, hitting his FF or 7 points of damage.

Actions gents.

YIM  
IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #121 - Oct 29th, 2012 at 4:57pm
Print Post  

Over his intercom Diesel says "Nice idea, T-bolt, but I think I need a little more practice before we try that again."

Did Diesel go flying past the robots or did he run into one but didn't do any damage? If he hit one, which one?

Out loud Diesel says, "OK transformers, this human is now resisting!"

Power Chord looks in the most trouble, so Diesel will try to use his flamethrower on one of them if he can get there.

« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2012 at 5:04pm by Lord Inar »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #122 - Oct 29th, 2012 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt - , twists in mid-air trying to avoid the energy blast, "Arrrg... that stung!!! Ok... must have mistaken a scan beam for an attack... but they didn't seem interested in peaceful dialogue..."

Shifting his flight to a more defensive erratic movement jinking in the air he watches the... aliens react and alters his tactics.

"Nothing ventured nothing gained Diesel - , ...yeah more practice.  Stand tall...!  This is far from over!"

Addressing Power Chord - , "Scan complete, 'Deep Radar' confirms... they are Not robots, they are creatures of a... non-terrestrial origin... and their suits are not made of metal."

OOC:  Opps ! LOL! Sorry guys missed the part that it is still the first turn as there are people with unresolved actions!  Thanks for the heads up Ranger! Smiley  I'll save those actions for my next turn! My goof!
« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2012 at 11:42pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #123 - Oct 29th, 2012 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Oct 29th, 2012 at 2:25pm:
GM to Rampart: In flight, evading, while holding an action, and observing the robots (or at least that's what I'm getting from your description, if I'm wrong, let me know). 2 actions remaining.

OOC: Pardon me if it takes me a while to see how you run the combat Turns Dom. Rampart was in Flight (PR1) using the Evasion rule (-8 to be hit) and his Weakness Detection (required a Tactics Skill Roll which would = +5 to hit and discover 1 Weakness).

If he has the 2 actions available he will rip a tree out by it's roots (Earth: SR4 / Hard Wood: SR3) as 1 action and use it as a GIANT club and smash it down (action 2) on opponents #6 & #7.

Species: Hickory, Shagbark.
Small End Diameter: 36 inches, Large End Diameter: 36 inches, Length: 18 ft.
Estimated Weight: 8,905      Estimated Weight subtotal: 11,542

Or something in that ballpark would give him an additional +4 to hit and his HtH 2d10 plus an additional 2d10 (4d10 total) potential damage. Half of that would be same "to hit" bonus w/ +2d8 damage bonus. Will PM you about the Damage to Rampart.
« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2012 at 8:34pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #124 - Oct 29th, 2012 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
Power Chord, Scan shows that these visitors are giving off a Bio signal.
Maybe these aren't robots or aliens in suits. I wonder if this is just what this life form looks like.
Skyhawk will continue to fly evasive, and will hold his next attack until PC gives an updated order.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #125 - Oct 30th, 2012 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Ghost will use an action to evade (if he hasn't already).  If he has a second action (and assuming he hears this chatter about them being non-robots), he'll attempt to blast one (whichever one is closest to him).

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #126 - Oct 30th, 2012 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Machinist rolls with the damage. "Ugh"

He mentally reaches out. Parts start floating from his suit as he creates a tangler grenade (use of remaining action).

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #127 - Oct 30th, 2012 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Power Chord will yell to the team, using his powers to amplify his voice, "I think it's hammer time.  Try to work together, one down is worth two damaged."

With that, he will unleash a Ball Lightning spell at the robot next to the one Skyhawk hit, hoping it will hit the ones on each side as well.   His goal is to ensure they are hitting the same robot from multiple directions.

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #128 - Oct 30th, 2012 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
With Power Chord giving the go ahead, Skyhawk will unleash another blast on the Robo-alien he previously hit.

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #129 - Oct 31st, 2012 at 12:47am
Print Post  
No problem TB, just trying to help.

Overhearing Thunderbolt's report to Power Chord, Non-terrestrial? How the hell did the kid figure that out? Rampart pulls the the huge old hickory from the ground, it's roots ripping from the loose earth. He smiles as the three core Protector's teamwork starts to become evident. "Excellent" Lining up two of the 'robo-aliens' ... aliens, huh? and a smile grows wider on his red, white and blue masked face. PC wants 'hammer time', I'll do my best to oblige. And Rampart brings the old massive hickory down with the overhead swing of a lumberjack.

Whoump

The ground shakes, dirt and dust flying in the air, temporarily blinding the aerial hero. Can't see a thing, did I hit?

« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2012 at 12:57am by Ranger »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #130 - Nov 8th, 2012 at 3:42am
Print Post  
GM to the group

Ghost - Evading

Skyhawk - Firing in an attempt to strike his previous target, hit him square in the head for a solid 14 points of damage, blowing of part of its armored head. At which point, its now severely damaged husk, falls to the ground exposing its inner working, and what appears to be circulatory system of some type. 

Rampart - Swinging with his improvised club, Rampart swings like a baseball player of old, only to come up short, just missing his intended target, and and drawing the attention of the Robot. Who fires a beam of energy at Rampart, while the beam misses, you can feel the heat as it passes by your face.

The Machinist - Rolling with the blow, you quickly assume a defensive position, and shake off the effects of the strikes. Currently assembling a grenade.

T-Bolt - Dodging and weaving, notices that he's drawn the attention of two of the robots, who seem to be trying to draw a beed on him, but are having difficulty. Both fire on him, and miss.

Power Chord - A bright glow forms around your hands before a ball of electrical energy that strikes for 12 points of damage, on it's primary target, with a massive ZZZZZZZ!!!! and sending it stumbling backward, and misses any secondary targets.

Diesel - After missing his target, lands safely along the edge of the treeline, and begins scanning for possible threats. The hairs on the back of his neck stand up (a successful detect danger roll), allow him to narrowly miss a shot aimed at his back by the robot he'd just tried to hit.

Actions?

YIM  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #131 - Nov 8th, 2012 at 3:59am
Print Post  
Crap, as the dust clears and the podbot's beam passes past his cheek. Well ... Grampie always said "If at first you don't succeed, try try again."

Lifting the makeshift club Rampart makes another attempt to crush a couple of the 'robots' underneath the huge hickory.

OOC: Hey Dom, what if anything did Rampart's Weakness Detection come up with?
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2012 at 10:52am by Ranger »  

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #132 - Nov 8th, 2012 at 10:07am
Print Post  
The Machinist evades as he assembles his grenade. He will throw it at a weakened PodBot when it is ready.

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #133 - Nov 8th, 2012 at 10:23am
Print Post  
, "Don't know why "ET's" here but I'd rather not kill any of them... bad for any future relations... world-wide. So lets get... creative..."

Thunderbolt - , gestures first at Diesel - , moving him back to the party and near the 12 O'clock position alien bot he missed to which Thunderbolt, in flight, joins Diesel.  Then he gestures at the nearby Alien suit and the hovering Weighted-End of the 80'ft long coiled Kyogetsu-Shoge cable still secured around Diesel's waist lashes out at the suit but not to strike for damage but to wrap around its waist in an attempt to pick it up off the ground.  Thunderbolt maneuvers in close to the alien warrior turning the suit completely away from himself with his metal coiled grip so he cannot be easily targeted by it's weapons systems and uses the held alien as a literal 'body' shield to parry any further incoming weapons fire.  Thunderbolt is maintaining his evasive flight maneuvering and keeps adjusting the position of the alien battlesuit - should the alien try to twist around to aim a weapon at Thunderbolt or Diesel. 

This close he can still support whatever Diesel - , decides to do and does not release his lock on the Diesel powered battlesuit though he exerts no effort to restrain any of Diesel's subsequent movement or actions... merely regrouping the team from the missed fastball special. 

2 actions: [Action 1# = Evade -6 all incoming attacks; Movement = Fly to Diesel's side & Move Manipulate metallic objects - Kyogetsu & Diesel {172lbs + Alien Suit's weight};  Action 2# = Strike with Kyogetsu HTH {Thunderbolt's bonus to hit: +2 Acc{Personal}, +2 Weapon Acc {Kyogetsu}, +4 all weapons & powers - On HTH chart; Total +8~ approx.}]

[OOC: By the way Dom... where 'Exactly' are the beams the bots are shooting at us coming from on their person?  Arm/Hand blasters, Shoulder mounted weapons, Head mounted weapons... where specifically?]

[EDIT: It just occurred to me that striking to pick up an enemy should be a HTH attack and thus an action... lol!]
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2012 at 5:12pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #134 - Nov 9th, 2012 at 9:24am
Print Post  
With his current target down, Skyhawk will turn his attention to  the next closest 'bot and let loose a blast of power.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #135 - Nov 9th, 2012 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Ghost will attempt to maneuver (while still evading) to get behind the bot/alien that Rampart was attempting to swat.  When he feels he has an opening, he'll shoot at the creature with his ectoplasmic attack.

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #136 - Nov 9th, 2012 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
Power Chord will unleash dual Mystic Bolts (Power Blasts) at the "bot" he hit last time, and the one the Machinist is attacking.

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #137 - Nov 14th, 2012 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Diesel will get into range and fire his flamethrower at the one who just shot at him.
« Last Edit: Nov 14th, 2012 at 6:34pm by Lord Inar »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #138 - Nov 16th, 2012 at 11:32am
Print Post  
Lord Inar wrote on Nov 14th, 2012 at 6:34pm:
Diesel will get into range and fire his flamethrower at the one who just shot at him.

Thunderbolt - , will keep pace with Diesel - , supporting him as "wingman" using his 'body shield' if he was successful in snatching up the alien suit to parry for himself or any attacks directed at Diesel.

[ooc:  Thunderbolt should have plenty of flight movement to keep pace with Diesel]
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2012 at 11:34am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #139 - Nov 19th, 2012 at 8:35am
Print Post  
So, is everyone good to go? Last call, before I post my replies.

YIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Topic Tools

>