Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Protectors, Vol. 2, Issue 2 - Welcome to Jonesville (Read 42260 times)
Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

"Justice Like Lightning!"

Re: The Protectors, Vol. 2, Issue 2 - Welcome to Jonesville
Reply #70 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
Majestic wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 6:10pm:
Ghost doesn't sound very sure of himself when he answers, "I've a small bit of medical knowledge myself, and I have to tell you that some of my ghostly abilities don't....follow the normal rules and laws of physics...or anatomy."

"As for Rampart...he seems familiar, but please understand that I'm not trying to be...evasive when I say that I'm not really sure.  These abilities and 'powers' I have are quite new to me, and I'm not quite sure exactly how they work entirely.  I'll, uh....have to explain more later...when we have more time."

Thunderbolt - smiles,"Hahaha! Yeah, Its no biggie Ghost!  I break several laws of physics as well - I create magnetic fields powerful enough to wipe any human nervous system clean AND I generate high amperage electricity with enough current to fry human flesh to blackened charcoal embers... yet I do both with my bare hands with no ill effects.  You figure THAT one out!"

"Anyways Welcome to the 'party'!"

Thunderbolt goes silent letting Power Chord - , continue and organize things.  Looking up to see Rampart - , he figures he's got the air coverage pretty-much handled and holds position waiting for direction from Power Chord.
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2012 at 10:48am by Thunderbolt »  

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #71 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
Ghost answers Power Chord, "Something does seem a bit 'off' around here.  The locals seem to be kind of clueless and out of it, and I haven't seen any normal wildlife, even birds.  I did spot a research team from ECU and hear some strange noises at night, but haven't figured out what caused them yet."

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #72 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Where and when did you spot the ECU research team? Were they alright?What were they doing?

Machinist starts to discreetly convert his scanner into a force field projector.
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2012 at 2:54pm by The Cougar »  

V&V character creation is too much fun.
                                     - Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM
http://vav-megalopolis-pbem.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #73 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Ghost turns to Machinist , "I only saw them briefly, earlier today, and it was in town near their van, which was parked along the side of the road.  They seemed alright; they were setting up some of that fancy equipment of theirs."

« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2012 at 5:46pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #74 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 1:35am
Print Post  
Majestic wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 at 5:41pm:
Ghost - "I only saw them briefly, earlier today, and it was in town near their van, which was parked along the side of the road.  They seemed alright; they were setting up some of that fancy equipment of theirs."

Thunderbolt - asks, "...Could you lead us to where you saw the Van Ghost?  That would be a good place to start our search for the ECU students..."

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #75 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 10:05am
Print Post  
"Agreed, let's start there."

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #76 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 11:45am
Print Post  
I only saw them briefly, earlier today, and it was in town near their van, which was parked along the side of the road.  They seemed alright; they were setting up some of that fancy equipment of theirs."

Wrong Answer!!

Machinist fires his Force Field Projector at Ghost.

Skyhawk reported the ECU team weren't anywhere near their van or camp long before you would have seen them!!!

Thunderbolt was right you are leading us into a trap!

Now tell me the truth!

WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE ECU STUDENTS!

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #77 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt - , hears Machinist's - ,  accusation and raises an eyebrow... not discounting his conflicting information. 

Thunderbolt - , floats over to Machinist - , maintaining his flight altitude and unfolding his arms ready for action - taking a defensive position 10'ft in front of and above the gadgeteer ready to deflect any potential attack directed at Machinist - ,  but not taking his eyes off Ghost - .

Thunderbolt - , speaks but does not turn his gaze away Ghost - ,while he addresses Skyhawk - , "Well Skyhawk... does that mismatch your facts?  Is this a misunderstanding or a deliberate deception?"

Thunderbolt - , Addressing Ghost - , "Are you certain of your facts or were you generalizing?  What exactly did you see, where and when...?"
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2012 at 2:25am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #78 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
OOC: Takes place prior to Machinist attack on the Ghost.

Still floating beside the Protectors three founding members Rampart listens to their exchange with the Ghost "Agreed, let's start there."

" ... and what about tracking the BSI signal? Do you want to split into two groups again?" All the time Jason watches as Machinist is 'discreetly' deconstructing and constructing something with the multitude of spare equipment that seems to hang from every possible hook and strap on his body What's he up to?
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2012 at 3:18pm by Ranger »  

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #79 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Ghost looks straight back at Machinist , then over to Thunderbolt

, "Whoah! Hold on...what do you mean?  I told you exactly what I know and what I saw...there were these four people, one older dude, two guys, and a girl, and they were setting up electronic equipment.  They looked like they were taking some sort of readings.  They were right where I told you they were, in town, next to their van, which was parked along the side of the road."

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #80 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Skyhawk retells the events that transpired in chronological order. He tries to ensure that he doesn't forget anything.

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #81 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 2:35am
Print Post  
Thunderbolt - , replies after listening to Ghost's - , sincerity - "Ok, this may be an issue of timing, perhaps Ghost saw the ECU students and professor before Skyhawk did... "

Glancing Skyhawk's - , direction Thunderbolt - , asks calmly,
"Skyhawk, do you remember about what time you spotted the ECU students?  Don't say what time you saw them.. just yes or no do you recall about what time?"
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2012 at 2:36am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #82 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 9:41am
Print Post  
Skyhawk replies. "I never  saw them, just their camp site, which seemed to have been recently occupied."

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #83 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Wrong Answer!!

Machinist fires his Force Field Projector at the Ghost.

Seeing the beam of kinetic energy fired off Rampart quickly tries to interpose himself between the two before the paranoid gadgeteer can get off another shot.

. "Whoa, hold on there. The kid hasn't made an aggressive move. Do you see anyone attacking anyone around here beside you. Put that thing down and give the kid a chance."

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #84 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 2:04am
Print Post  
Thunderbolt floats down to about 5'ft off the ground turning to Machinist - , effectively moving to Rampart's - side.

Thunderbolt - says,"Uhm.. I agree with Rampart on this... Machinist.  I think this is only a case of mistaken wording and timing.  Clearly Skyhawk says he only saw their camp outside town but Ghost saw them in-town.  We have no idea who saw which first.  I think he's being honest too.."

"Besides... we're wary of the possibility of trap... that's the first part in avoiding falling into one.  And if it does turn out to be a trap... we are all capable and I think we can handle a few unexpected surprises.  If things gets to hot... Power Chord can port us out... Rampart almost flies as fast as the Thunderwing... don't worry... we got this!"

"We know something fishy is going on here and these townspeople and the ECU students and professor may need our help... we're not going to leave so... trap or no... we'll find out soon enough."

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #85 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 9:44am
Print Post  
looks to and .

So the newcomers are teaming up. Smells more like a trap as each of them speaks.

shows up and his only endorsement is from a man I don't trust at all.

Now
   and    just show up to "help" us.

What about you?

C'mon its now your turn to tell us to trust that this stranger is telling the truth while it is IMPOSSIBLE for him to beat Skyhawk to the ECU site while the students were still there but then never notice that they later disappeared!

Its okay Diesel, I can tell that Thunderbolt has been manipulating you. Thunderbolt used you to be the delay while Ghost was kidnapping the ECU students.

Let me guess, you haven't heard from Thunderbolt for weeks then all of a sudden he calls you telling you to show up at BSI HQ.

Never told you why either, I bet.

Am I right?
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2012 at 9:57am by The Cougar »  

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #86 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 11:43am
Print Post  
says,"Uhm.. I agree with Rampart . . ."

His eyes on Machinist Rampart holds his empty hands out in sign of surrender and glances at Thunderbolt. "You ... Quiet. You're not helping. You talk too much."

"Machinist ... I understand you're caution, but you trust Power Chord, right? Follow his lead. You need to put the weapon down before you start something that will only end badly."

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #87 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt - is... shocked at the seemingly paranoid delusional tirade of Machinist - coupled with Rampart's - rudeness he is done arguing with the two.

"I may indeed speak a lot its because I believe dialogue is the best way to resolve misunderstandings and differences of opinion where a peaceful resolution is possible instead of talking with one's fists or resorting to - no matter how politely worded or subtly couched, veiled threats.  I've spoken with calm and reason but it seems Machinist is beyond such."

Thunderbolt - lands tired of the silliness. 

{Never argue with a madman... it makes you the fool...}

He walked away from the two over to Power Chord - , "Its your call Power Chord if you want trust Ghost or not... but at least with us we can watch him If... and I do mean if he is up to no good but I honestly doubt that.  But Machinist... ah .. he's your teammate.  Is he always like this?"

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #88 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Facing "Mac's always been a character, but he's had my back a time or two, and if he's feels there's a reason for concern, I'd tend to listen to him."

To the rest of the team, "I do agree, I'm sure we can work this out.  Ghost has made no physical threat, but with his obvious ethereal state, I don't consider a little precaution unwise."

To "How is it you feel you know this character?  Could he be some kind of dopelganger?"

To "I believe you said the townsfolk were acting peculiar?  Can you tell us a little more about that?

To "Son, if you are truly here to help, I apologize, but if you have any intentions of duping us, I assure you, you have chosen the wrong people to interfere with.  I think we're going to need to know a little more about you.  The Machinist and I have a very special connection to ECU, and if anything has happened to those students, someone is going to pay."

« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2012 at 8:26pm by Hammer »  

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #89 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
"How is it you feel you know this character?  Could he be some kind of doppelganger?"

"Power Chord ... are you ready to reciprocate the level of trust you are asking for?"

"You may not trust Mr. Smith and I can't blame anyone for that but Agent Woo also has vouched for my bonafides."

"Could Ghost be a doppleganger? Yes, but the same could be said of Skyhawk after being out of contact for so long."
Looking at the recently arrived hero. "No offense son, just making a point."

"You can't ask this Ghost to reveal his secrets unless you're willing to do the same. Don't let one man's fears define our actions here today."

Turning back to the Machinist, Rampart settles to the ground and walks over to him, so close that the barrel of the energy projector is dead in his chest. leaning over the barrel. Closer so his face is inches away from the tool-clad hero and whispers, "You were right. I'm from 1987. Six months ago I was a flying F-16s. My jet gets hit by some super-powered terrorist  ... and now I'm stuck playing hero, because the Guardians are missing and the President asked for our help."

"Give the kid a chance or pull the trigger 'Mac' ."
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2012 at 1:50pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #90 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
The Machinist stares visor to goggles with Rampart as he waits for the others to answer Power Chord's questions.
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2012 at 9:40pm by The Cougar »  

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #91 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 1:45am
Print Post  
The Cougar wrote on Oct 8th, 2012 at 9:44am:
Its okay Diesel, I can tell that Thunderbolt has been manipulating you. Thunderbolt used you to be the delay while Ghost was kidnapping the ECU students.

Let me guess, you haven't heard from Thunderbolt for weeks then all of a sudden he calls you telling you to show up at BSI HQ.

Never told you why either, I bet.

Am I right?[/color]

"Hmm, you're clever but not necessarily smart. Thunderbolt has not 'manipulated' me, but I don't think anything I say would convince you, so I won't bother trying. Now I might suggest that you try to piece together your timeline a little bit better before accusing people of certain things. What I won't stand for is watching someone just lash without warning. Do you really think that he is that much of a threat that you need to attack him in such a cowardly fashion?"

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #92 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Hammer wrote on Oct 8th, 2012 at 8:23pm:
"Mac's always been a character, but he's had my back a time or two, and if he's feels there's a reason for concern, I'd tend to listen to him."

Thunderbolt - nods smiling slightly, "That was my impression as well and I was initially prepared to back him as well trusting to his field experience... but I felt with Skyhawk's and Ghost's stories it seemed perfectly understandable that they saw the ECU students in different places at different times..."

Thunderbolt - goes silent watching as Power Chord - takes charge of the situation with reason, wariness and calm politeness.

He smiles duly impressed... again by the maturity and professionalism of the Protector's Team leader.

Leaning close he whispers to Power Chord, "...nicely done! You got my vote as leader... nice working with a experienced superhero."

Thunderbolt walks over near Diesel - , "Hey it's cool Diesel, Machinist is only concerned about the safety of his Team and the ECU students.  We ARE the new unknowns here and he didn't attack Ghost with anything obviously lethal, at least...", Thinking, {I hope. Ghost is ghost-like it could have just passed through him.  But there is no collateral damage evident...} "... not that I agree with him attacking anyone not clearly Identified as a threat, but I think he could have done far worse if he had chosen to.  We don't want to antagonize anyone here, so let's let Power Chord reason this out."
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2012 at 11:18am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #93 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Fair enough. Diesel holds up his hands and walks away. Facing the other direction he is still listening intently but is now scanning the area for anything else out of the ordinary.

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #94 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt - , nods in acceptance, inwardly grateful of Diesel's - , support and makes a mental note to thank him later.

Thunderbolt - finally looks over at the apparent stand off between Rampart - , and Machinist - and frowns at the battle of wills thinking, {THAT is, 'not being helpful'!  I guess someone else got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning other than just Machinist...}

"Power Chord, I'm going to get airborne and give us some air surveillance while this is being resolved... my Radar Sense can't penetrate all these trees very far down here anyways.  But Ghost is right... there have been no birds or any wildlife 'ping' on my Radar... that's definitely "not good"!  I won't be any higher than yelling range."

The magnetic field surround him and again Thunderbolt takes flight ascending to a height of about 70'ft.  He concentrates on his Radar Senses and maintains his defensive powers ready to deflect any incoming attack.

[Observation, Detect hidden, and Detect Danger - on watch]
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2012 at 12:14pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #95 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Ghost speaks, but quietly, "Uhhh...guys, I'm really not here to create any problems or to cause a fight.  I'd just like to help, because I think there's something strange going on in this neck of the woods.  Mr....is it Rampart,...thanks so much for standing up for me.  I really do appreciate it!  What can I do or say that will allow the rest of you to believe me?  I could take you to the location of where I saw the students, if you'd like?"

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #96 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Fine ... Ghost lead on.

but I don't want to hear anymore more talk about traps if we are going to trust anyone who jumps out and yells 'BOO!'

Machinist lowers his projector. He walks away from Rampart. Following the team from the rear.

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #97 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
Skyhawk flies above the group and towards the rear.

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #98 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
Watching Machinist walk away, Rampart takes a breath, nods at Power Chord. He understood the gadgeteer's caution from his own experiences. Just not the intensity. Looking up at Thunderbolt and Starhawk taking up aerial positions, Their positions are a bit low and too tight, but they both have the right idea. There's potential here if we don't kill each other first.

Walking over to Ghost , Jason shakes the young man's hand and places the other on his shoulder. "Don't worry about it. Just stay focused on why you put that costume on in the first place and you'll do fine. You don't mind if I join you as we head that way do you?" Jason smiles and good naturedly raps the young man in the shoulder with his fist, " ... and we can talk while they stare at our backsides"
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2012 at 6:44pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #99 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
Ghost takes a deep breath and seems to be relieved as he addresses Rampart (privately, to Rampart only) , "For some reason I feel much more at ease with you; I don't know what it is, but I get a sense of deja' vu every time you speak.  I'd be honored for you to join me!" 

To everyone: "I'll take you to where I saw them!"

With that Ghost turns and floats away, at a pace that's easy for everyone to follow...

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #100 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
Seeing the team apparently get some resolution and begin to move Thunderbolt - , gestures to Skyhawk - to take Aerial cover point while he brings up the rear with high Radar cover.

Achilles and Skyhawk - , should have a wider sweep of surveillance than just Thunderbolt's - , radar sense looking all directions at once... plus he can make sure with his wide angel radar that nothing is sneaking up on them from behind.

Thunderbolt follows keeping high guard overwatch.

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #101 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Skyhawk lands next to Power Chord and says "Has there been a change in leadership that I am not aware of? The new guy is directing me to fly toward the front. I don't know this guy, so do you want me to follow him or you?"
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2012 at 11:52am by dsumner »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #102 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
Hawk wrote on Oct 10th, 2012 at 7:07pm:
Skyhawk lands next to Power Chord and says "Has there been a change in leadership that I am not aware of? The new guy is directing me to fly toward the front. I don't know this guy, so do you want me to follow him or you?"

Seeing Skyhawk - , land confuses Thunderbolt - , so he flies in to land next to Power Chord - , "Sorry think I confused you Skyhawk... the radios are not working and I didn't want to yell.  The party is moving into the trees and my Radar Sense won't work well there... I'll be limited to sight range, you at least have two pairs of eyes with you and your bird... amazing construction I might add!  So I was going to take rear high guard if you would take point...or I can take point and your rear high guard if you prefer that instead?  It just didn't make sense for us both to cover the same aerial flank.. unless you were not flying to provide air surveillance like it seemed?  How do you want to cover the aerial overwatch of the party as we seek the ECU students?"
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2012 at 11:54am by dsumner »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #103 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
GM to Skyhawk: As you all begin to move off, you get a garbled message from Achilles.

"....zzzz, approach...zzz, possible..zzz"

GM to T-Bolt: You feel a slight change in the atmospheric conditions around you, as the amount of static electricity increases.

GM to the group: You all hear a low level whine, which seems to be coming from multiple directions, as well as bright flashes of light, and then you see them.

Large mechanical constructs, some sort of robots, which seem to have appeared out of nowhere, are suddenly all around you, roughly a dozen shapes, and they're rapidly advancing on you location.

Actions?

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #104 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 6:10pm
Print Post  

Diesel activates his Flame Thrower as a defense and moves forward to force their hand.
"Let's see what these walking trashcans are up to."
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2012 at 6:10pm by Lord Inar »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Topic Tools

>