Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Protectors, Vol. 2, Issue 2 - Welcome to Jonesville (Read 42253 times)
Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Re: The Protectors, Vol. 2, Issue 2 - Welcome to Jonesville
Reply #140 - Nov 20th, 2012 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Rampart shifts the old hickory he had just ripped from its roots and repositions the thick trunk in his hands for a better hold. A bit like his baseball hero, Barry Bonds, he wiggles the gnarled old tree over his left shoulder and BAM ... BamBam ... BAM.

OOC: yep good to go Wink
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2012 at 6:03pm by Ranger »  

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #141 - Nov 21st, 2012 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
Flame on!

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

"Justice Like Lightning!"

Reply #142 - Nov 22nd, 2012 at 4:18am
Print Post  
Shoot!

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #143 - Nov 22nd, 2012 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Okay, I'll get to this some time today. Really, honest, and all that.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #144 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 12:24am
Print Post  
First off gents, sorry for the extended delay, but between work, the military, and other real life concerns, I've just been really busy the past few weeks. On top of that, I’ve been getting sidetracked working on some other gaming stuff. I had to take a few down days just to recover, and get some much needed sleep, as it has been in short supply the past few days. But with that said, let’s get back to the action.

GM Replies

Ghost – While maneuvering to attack on of the Robots, narrowly evades the stumbling machine, as it tumbles toward the ground. He watches curiously as the light in its eyes fades out. And he notices something, while the eye's initial appeared to be electronic, as the light fades, you see pupils, pupils that look human.

Rampart - Knocking the dirt and dust from his uniform, swings again, landing a solid blow on his intended target, sending it spinning into the ground. On impact, the glow from its eyes, flickers, then fades out.

Diesel - Diesel lets loose with a blast from his armor's flame thrower, striking robot #3 for 7 points of damage.

Skyhawk – Lets loose with another blast, narrowly missing his target, and striking the tree line behind them, showering the landscape with debris.

Powerchord – Unleashing a bolt of mystic energy, a mere second after The Machinist’s grenade detonates, striking Robot #5, for a staggering 14 points of damage, and causing the immobile Robot, to stagger, before falling flat on its face.   

Thunderbolt – The energy beams are being fired from their heads. The “Scan” beam was emitted from their center torso. Quick question, which Robot are you trying to strike with your Kyogetsu?

The Machinist - Quickly assembling a grenade, the Machinist throws his handy work at between Robots # 4 &5 hoping to catch both (I’m assuming that’s what you intended), within the grenade’s blast. Instead of a booming explosion, the sound of liquid splattering is heard, and both Robots are covered in a sticky goo like substance, that reduces their movement to 0".

At the same time all of this is happening, you all receive a radio transmission from the Thunderwing - “Zzzzzzz…I’m being ..zzz..don’t know by….need help…..” and the transmission fades out.

Actions?

YIM  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #145 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 12:44am
Print Post  
Rampart looks to Power Chord while shaking pieces of robo-alien from the huge hickory trunk,  "I'll go, I'm the fastest."
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2012 at 12:48am by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #146 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 7:13am
Print Post  
Thunderbolt wrote on Nov 8th, 2012 at 10:23am:
"Don't know why "ET's" here but I'd rather not kill any of them... bad for any future relations... world-wide. So lets get... creative..."

Thunderbolt - ..., gestures first at Diesel - ..., moving him back to the party and near the 12 O'clock position alien bot he missed to which Thunderbolt, in flight, joins Diesel.  Then he gestures at the nearby Alien suit and the hovering Weighted-End of the 80'ft long coiled Kyogetsu-Shoge cable still secured around Diesel's waist lashes out at the suit but not to strike for damage but to wrap around its waist in an attempt to pick it up off the ground.  Thunderbolt maneuvers in close to the alien warrior turning the suit completely away from himself with his metal coiled grip so he cannot be easily targeted by it's weapons systems and uses the held alien as a literal 'body' shield to parry any further incoming weapons fire.  Thunderbolt is maintaining his evasive flight maneuvering and keeps adjusting the position of the alien battlesuit - should the alien try to twist around to aim a weapon at Thunderbolt or Diesel.

This close he can still support whatever Diesel - ..., decides to do and does not release his lock on the Diesel powered battlesuit though he exerts no effort to restrain any of Diesel's subsequent movement or actions... merely regrouping the team from the missed fastball special.

dsumner wrote on Nov 8th, 2012 at 3:42am:
GM to the group

Diesel - After missing his target, lands safely along the edge of the treeline, and begins scanning for possible threats. The hairs on the back of his neck stand up (a successful detect danger roll), allow him to narrowly miss a shot aimed at his back by the robot he'd just tried to hit.

Actions?

Lord Inar wrote on Nov 14th, 2012 at 6:34pm:
Diesel will get into range and fire his flamethrower at the one who just shot at him.

Thunderbolt aimed his Kyogetsu-Shoge at the same robot Diesel fired his flamethrower at, which is the same one Thunderbolt threw Diesel at initially.

Thunderbolt -, hears the transmission and grimaces muttering, 'Which is WHY I suggested she clear this area after dropping us off!'

Louder he says, "You probably shouldn't go alone Rampart, You could take one of the Protectors fliers with you... perhaps Skyhawk?"
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2012 at 7:19am by Thunderbolt »  

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #147 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Rampart readies his mammoth makeshift club for another swat while waiting for Power Chord's nod to go check on Izzy. Shouting back at Thunderbolt over the din of energy blast and explosions. "I'll be fine."

OOC: Rampart will use his second Action to either attack one of the bots' closest to him or max flight to the Thunderwing if Power Chord desires
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2012 at 4:59pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #148 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
OOC: You got my attack right, Dom

IC: Machinist converts his force field device back into a scanner. He will scan one of the down Podbots. While keeping his eyes open for any attacks.

OOC: Machinist's second action will be to evade.

V&V character creation is too much fun.
                                     - Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM
http://vav-megalopolis-pbem.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #149 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Dec 3rd, 2012 at 12:24am:
Diesel - Diesel lets loose with a blast from his armor's flame thrower, striking robot #3 for 7 points of damage.

Diesel shakes his head. "Sorry guys, I'm still getting used to the flamethrower." He blasts the same bot again, hoping to connect a little more strongly with it this time (can't get much worse!)
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2012 at 6:28pm by Lord Inar »  

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #150 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Skyhawk will evade, and attempt to blast one of the immobilized 'bots.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #151 - Dec 4th, 2012 at 3:43am
Print Post  
Always using his first action for evasion, Ghost will use any remaining actions to fire an ectoplasmic blast from his eyes at the 'bot closest to him.

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #152 - Dec 5th, 2012 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
OOC: Dom, we need Tom's mad map skills to keep up with all of this. Smiley  I'm trying to follow using notes, but I'm failing miserably.  I'll address the major activities without getting into the minutia if possible.  Can we get a summary of who is attacking whom from a robot point of view?  I'm showing two robots down, 3 and 5, 4 is held, 2 and 4 are damaged but not down, the rest are undamaged.  Is that accurate?

To the team, I'm getting a they have human eyes, where are the students vibe from this?

IC: Go, if you need assistance shoot off one of those flare's, radio's worthless

To the rest of the team, "We need to go non-lethal, something is going on here.  Do your best to contain them without damaging them.  We can't risk hurting innocents.

With that, He casts a hold spell on the nearest unharmed robot.

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #153 - Dec 5th, 2012 at 6:28pm
Print Post  

Diesel starts to shoot and then stops at Power Chord's urging.
"What? OK, I hope you're right!
Diesel will keep his flamethrower active to use as defense, but then switch to hitting with his hammer to inflict non-lethal damage on the one he's fighting.
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2012 at 11:52pm by Lord Inar »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #154 - Dec 5th, 2012 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
OOC: I'm still waiting to hear from Dom what effect if any I had.  Did I hit the robot Diesel has been attacking?  If so how helpless is he to subsequent attacks directed at him?

I need to know this before I post MY actions.
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2012 at 12:30am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #155 - Dec 5th, 2012 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
In response to Power Chords directions,  Shyhawk will not blast the bot's. He will get Achilles to see if he can get anymore readings from the 'bots.

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #156 - Dec 6th, 2012 at 12:48am
Print Post  
OOC: @ Hammer - So you think the droid/bots might be the missing students encased in an alien exo-skeleton of sorts? If true, that'd be some cold shyte  Embarrassed

PS: Hey Dom, did Rampart get any info from his Detect Weakness ability?  Cool
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2012 at 11:57am by Ranger »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #157 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 1:49am
Print Post  
OK gets, just to bring everyone up to speed, before continuing, here's an overview of what's what:

1) You've all just received a distorted message from Iggy, and it appears that she's in trouble and needs help.

2)  Robots numbers 4&5 (number 5 along with #3 are down for the count), are caught in the sticky goo from the Machinist’s grenade.

3) The Machinist, has run a quick scan of the robots, while trying not to get hit (Evading). His scan will confirm the data from Achilles’ initial scans, revealing that the robot seems to have bio-signs, as though wit weren't actually a robot, but a living, breathing creature.

4) Skyhawk is Evading, holding his actions while he awaits further instructions from Powerchord.

5) Ghost has just fired an ectoplasmic blast at robot #8 barely missing him, but drawing the robot’s attention.

6) Rampart is booking it toward the Thunderwing at maximum speed. His Weakness Detection was successful in that it’s granting him a “to hit” bonus, but didn’t really tell him much about the robot’s “combat style”. (Hey, I can only give you some much info, or it wouldn’t be any fun). Wink

7) T-Bolt strikes robot #3 for 11 points of damage, and ripping a pretty good sized gash in the robot’s armored frame.

8) Diesel is about to fire on robot #3, with his Flame Thrower, when he stops at the last possible second (Holding his action).

9) Powerchord just cast a “Hold” spell on Robot #1, freezing it in place. It’s body shaking violently as it attempts to move.

Everyone good, or do you want me to provide you more details? I'll hold on the robots actions until I'm sure everyone is clear on who's where, and their current status.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #158 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 2:43am
Print Post  
Stalker, you still hanging in there, as it's been a while since I've heard from you.

YIM  
IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #159 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 3:21am
Print Post  
Diesel isn't holding though, he's hitting nonlethal with his hammer.

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #160 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 3:44am
Print Post  
Lord Inar wrote on Dec 17th, 2012 at 3:21am:

GM: So you want to "stun" them by knocking them out, or did I miss a post?

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #161 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 9:20am
Print Post  
[OOC:  Lol! It has been a while since I posted my action so I'll repeat the intent here.  Thunderbolt was not trying to harm the, now confirmed, powered-type armor being worn by biological beings of unconfirmed origin and nature.  He used the weighted end of his kyogetsu-shoge not to strike for damage but to wrap-around the powered-armored foe and pick them up turning them around so their head beam weapons cannot fire at him or diesel and use the picked up PA {powered armor} as a parrying shield against any subsequent beam attacks by other PA's.  It is possible that TB may have misjudged the force of his constricting the PA and inflicted damage... but I'll leave that up to you Dom.]

"Don't know why "ET's" here but I'd rather not kill any of them... bad for any future relations... world-wide. So lets get... creative..."

Thunderbolt - , gestures first at Diesel - , moving him back to the party and near the 12 O'clock position alien bot he missed to which Thunderbolt, in flight, joins Diesel.  Then he gestures at the nearby Alien suit and the hovering Weighted-End of the 80'ft long coiled Kyogetsu-Shoge cable still secured around Diesel's waist lashes out at the suit but not to strike for damage but to wrap around its waist in an attempt to pick it up off the ground.  Thunderbolt maneuvers in close to the alien warrior turning the suit completely away from himself with his metal coiled grip so he cannot be easily targeted by it's weapons systems and uses the held alien as a literal 'body' shield to parry any further incoming weapons fire.  Thunderbolt is maintaining his evasive flight maneuvering and keeps adjusting the position of the alien battlesuit - should the alien try to twist around to aim a weapon at Thunderbolt or Diesel. 

This close he can still support whatever Diesel - , decides to do and does not release his lock on the Diesel powered battlesuit though he exerts no effort to restrain any of Diesel's subsequent movement or actions... merely regrouping the team from the missed fastball special. 

2 actions: [Action 1# = Evade -6 all incoming attacks; Movement = Fly to Diesel's side & Move Manipulate metallic objects - Kyogetsu & Diesel {172lbs + Alien Suit's weight};  Action 2# = Strike with Kyogetsu HTH {Thunderbolt's bonus to hit: +2 Acc{Personal}, +2 Weapon Acc {Kyogetsu}, +4 all weapons & powers - On HTH chart; Total +8~ approx.}]

[OOC: By the way Dom... where 'Exactly' are the beams the bots are shooting at us coming from on their person?  Arm/Hand blasters, Shoulder mounted weapons, Head mounted weapons... where specifically?]

[EDIT: It just occurred to me that striking to pick up an enemy should be a HTH attack and thus an action... lol!]

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #162 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
GM to T-Bolt. Oops...I'll make a correction then, as your attack was successful.  Embarrassed

YIM  
IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #163 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 12:17am
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Dec 17th, 2012 at 3:44am:
Lord Inar wrote on Dec 17th, 2012 at 3:21am:

GM: So you want to "stun" them by knocking them out, or did I miss a post?

That's correct, it was in post #156

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #164 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Dec 17th, 2012 at 1:49am:
OK gets, just to bring everyone up to speed, before continuing, here's an overview of what's what:

6) Rampart is booking it toward the Thunderwing at maximum speed. His Weakness Detection was successful in that it’s granting him a “to hit” bonus, but didn’t really tell him much about the robot’s “combat style”. (Hey, I can only give you some much info, or it wouldn’t be any fun). Wink

Looks good to me pal. Rampart will take his big "walking stick" with him to "save" the damsel in distress  Wink

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #165 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 1:23am
Print Post  
GM Replies:

Rampart, as you approach the area, where the Thunderwing landed, you see thick black smoke rising from a small fire, as you get closer, you slow down, and scan the area, and you can't raise Iggy on your comms. A quick search doesn't reveal her location, all you find are spent 9mm shell casings, an H&K MP-7 PDW, and an empty magazine.  There are several burn marks along the Thunderwing's skin as well. But not much more can be determined.

Actions?

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #166 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 1:26am
Print Post  
I'll post the Robots actions when I get home from work tomorrow, as well as some updates to the EC Source Book. Until then, you guys can talk amongst yourselves, and figure out how you want to coordinate your actions, as long as it's something you'd be able to do within your remaining actions, and it's something your characters would have knowledge of.

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #167 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 10:13am
Print Post  
Thunderbolt - , following Power Chord's - , directive shifts position slightly to get a little closer to Robot 1# - judging the distance to Robot 8# and gestures at Robot 1# the same Robot that the Spellcasting Power Chord just ensorcelled with a "Hold" spell.   This time from Thunderbolt's left duster pocket his second metal Kyogetsu-Shoge snakes forth on its 80'ft metallic cable to en-wrap the waist of Robot 1#, lifting it from the ground and turning it away from any of the present heroes to keep it from firing its 'head-laser' at any of them.  Thunderbolt keeps the already held Robot 3# on his first enwrapping 80'ft cable Kyogetsu around its waist close turned away and unable to target him he hefts Robot 3# as a make-shift 'body-shield' ready to parry and evade any robot head-lasers directed his way.  The sharp hooked-blade end of the first kyogetsu unwraps from Diesel's waist so as not to hinder, even slightly, any movement he might wish to take leaving the kyogetsu incongruously floating in mid-air held in place and applying force from the magnetic lines of power under Thunderbolt's commanding will.

Robot 1# unable to avoid being grappled by the snaking kyogetsu, Thunderbolt hefts Robot 1# and swings it like a large hammer into Robot 8# that has already turned his attention - distracted by Ghost's - , ectoplasmic attack.  Thunderbolt slams Robot 1# into robot 8# with a loud crash! Seeking to damage both from the impact...

"Ok Power Chord... non-lethal can still apply the stark fist of removal and hurt a lot... heh.  You'd be surprised what you could live through..."

2 actions: [Action 1# = Evade -6 {Parrying with held Robot 3# all incoming attacks; Movement = Slightly as needed to get within range with Kyogetsu's 80'ft reach & Move Manipulate metallic objects - Kyogetsu 1 & 2 {4lbs + Robot 3# & 1# weight} <The 'Hold" spell on Robot 1# should make picking up an immobile unavoiding object 'effectively' untended by anyone no action to pick up and wield>;  Action 2# = Strike with Kyogetsu held Robot 1# at Robot 8# HTH {Thunderbolt's bonus to hit: +2 Acc{Personal}, +2 Weapon Acc {Kyogetsu}, +4 all weapons & powers - On HTH chart; Total +8~ approx.}, trying for a blindsided attack on Robot 8# - "Thunderbolt sometimes fights dirty.." Smiley]

[ooc:  I need a specific weight on the Robots now Dom... so I can more easily calculate how much capacity I expend lifting them, how much bonus damage they inflict when I use them as weapons and how much of a parry bonus I get wielding one of them as a 'body-shield'.  To note... If the Robots weight 480lbs each {total 960lbs} TB is STILL +2 to hit with the Robots as weapons due to weight and will inflict 1d6<WT Damage> and can still apply 1d8<Velocity Damage> {total 2d8+1d6+1 damage}.  A 480lb object has a Parry Factor of 3, for a total -9 to be hit with one parry.  If they are heavier the damage only goes up to 3d8+1 {with same bonus to hit and +2 to the Parry Factor!!}]
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2012 at 3:52am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #168 - Dec 21st, 2012 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
After quickly but carefully examining the battle area for probable lines of fire based on damage done to the Thunderwing and the surrounding area, Rampart will fly into the aircraft to look for potential assailants and the missing Iggy.

OOC: this is an effort to determine the direction the attackers might have entered and exited the landing zone. Observation and Tactics Skill rolls maybe?

If not "ambushed" as he enters the craft, Rampart will try and determine if the assault had been carried into the aircraft, checking the pilot's log and blackbox to replay any information she might have tried to communicate before she was forced to defend herself.
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2012 at 5:23pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #169 - Dec 23rd, 2012 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
GM to T-Bolt - The robots are constructed of a light weight non-metallic alloy, and weight 400 lbs. Both of your attacks are successful. Robot #1 slams into robot #8, sending it stumbling sideways. Robot #3 is struggling to break free of your chains.

GM to Rampart - From what you can tell, it appears as though the firefight took place outside the aircraft. You can follow the robots track, but, it's like they just appeared, and then disappeared from nowhere, as they suddenly stop, at the same point they look to have originated from.

GM to The Machinist - As all of this is happening, you're readings are going crazy, they're almost registering as human.

GM to Shyhawk
- All of the data Achilles is sending you is pretty much confirming what Powerchord suspects. While the "robots" armor is alien in origin, their internal readings are reading pretty close to baseline human.

GM to Powerchord - Your hold spell is working, you're holding robot #1 firmly in place, but you can feel the robot struggling to break free from your hold. Upon closer examination of the robot's face, you can clearly see what appear to be human eyes staring at intensely. As T-Bolt's cable entangles robot #1, you can see its eyes react, and recognize the look, it's fear.
« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2012 at 4:18pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #170 - Dec 23rd, 2012 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Dec 23rd, 2012 at 4:16pm:
GM to Rampart - From what you can tell, it appears as though the firefight took place outside the aircraft. You can follow the robots track, but, it's like they just appeared, and then disappeared from nowhere, as they suddenly stop, at the same point they look to have originated from.

If not "ambushed" as he enters the craft, Rampart will try and determine if the assault had been carried into the aircraft, checking the pilot's log and blackbox to replay any information she might have tried to communicate before she was forced to defend herself.

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #171 - Dec 23rd, 2012 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
GM to Rampart

You can safely enter the aircraft, as it appears the attackers are long gone. From what it looks like, Iggy was  attempting to work on the T-Wing's comm suite, as the access panel has been removed. Other than that, you're coming up blank.

YIM  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #172 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
With the attempt to recover a message off the black box coming up blank, and tracking the droid-bots turning into a dead end, Rampart will race back to he team to report Iggy's status to Power Chord.

We never should have left her on her own. This is exactly why we came to look for Skyhawk

OOC: yes I am fully aware of the irony that Rampart is applying a double standard. Tends to happen to fast bricks with steel hard skin. They are a tad overconfident on occasion - lol

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #173 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt wrote on Dec 3rd, 2012 at 7:13am:

Thunderbolt - ..., gestures first at Diesel - ..., moving him back to the party and near the 12 O'clock position alien bot he missed to which Thunderbolt, in flight, joins Diesel.  Then he gestures at the nearby Alien suit and the hovering Weighted-End of the 80'ft long coiled Kyogetsu-Shoge cable still secured around Diesel's waist lashes out at the suit but not to strike for damage but to wrap around its waist in an attempt to pick it up off the ground.  Thunderbolt maneuvers in close to the alien warrior turning the suit completely away from himself with his metal coiled grip so he cannot be easily targeted by it's weapons systems and uses the held alien as a literal 'body' shield to parry any further incoming weapons fire.  Thunderbolt is maintaining his evasive flight maneuvering and keeps adjusting the position of the alien battlesuit - should the alien try to twist around to aim a weapon at Thunderbolt or Diesel.

This close he can still support whatever Diesel - ..., decides to do and does not release his lock on the Diesel powered battlesuit though he exerts no effort to restrain any of Diesel's subsequent movement or actions... merely regrouping the team from the missed fastball special.

dsumner wrote on Nov 8th, 2012 at 3:42am:
GM to the group

Diesel - After missing his target, lands safely along the edge of the treeline, and begins scanning for possible threats. The hairs on the back of his neck stand up (a successful detect danger roll), allow him to narrowly miss a shot aimed at his back by the robot he'd just tried to hit.

Actions?

Lord Inar wrote on Nov 14th, 2012 at 6:34pm:
Diesel will get into range and fire his flamethrower at the one who just shot at him.

Thunderbolt aimed his Kyogetsu-Shoge at the same robot Diesel fired his flamethrower at, which is the same one Thunderbolt threw Diesel at initially.

Thunderbolt -, hears the transmission and grimaces muttering, 'Which is WHY I suggested she clear this area after dropping us off!'

Louder he says, "You probably shouldn't go alone Rampart, You could take one of the Protectors fliers with you... perhaps Skyhawk?"

[ooc: Thunderbolt would concur! LOL!]

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #174 - Dec 25th, 2012 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
OOC: LMAO . . . Says the guy toting 160 feet of steel cable around his waist  Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Topic Tools

>