Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Protectors, Vol. 2, Issue 2 - Welcome to Jonesville (Read 42789 times)
Hawk
Avenger

Re: The Protectors, Vol. 2, Issue 2 - Welcome to Jonesville
Reply #35 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Flying low altitude toward the skywriting Skyhawk thinks. "It is probably friendlies, but being cautious couldn't hurt." "Achilles,"he thinks to himself and the information is immediately transmitted through the implant in his skull to his flying companion.". Lets keep a scan up to make sure this isn't a trap." Achilles responds "Will do."
OOC: Skyhawk will use his Hght. Detect Danger, and Achilles scans.

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

"Justice Like Lightning!"

Reply #36 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt pauses looking away toward Jonesville.

"Uhm, hang on Power Chord... I think.. something's approaching. I'm getting an... intermittent return from something in the air... I think.  Its coming in just above the trees... could be a big bird... but its moving too fast."

Thunderbolt rises in the air to peer in the direction of Jonesville trying to locate with his eyes what his radar sense is sporadically picking up.

He electrifies his body and raises a magnetic field around himself to deflect any snipe attempts if their actually is a threat approaching.

With a causal gesture he lowers Diesel - and Machinist - to just about 1'ft off the ground near the tree cover... ready to release them should combat start giving them a chance to get under cover from any incoming fire he might draw.

A nimbus of crackling lightning arcs about the young meta and the air begins to smell faintly of ozone.  His white metal mesh cloak and similarly metal meshed maroon duster both begin to rustle as if buffeted by a whirlwind... a magnetic wind that none save the hovering Thunderbolt seems to be affected by.   Flexing his will he mentally tightens the magnetic lines of force around him into a protective field ready for defense...

[ Ready Electrify Body - As Defense, Ready Magnetic Control - As Defense {PR Spent: 1 'if deflect incoming attack' } ]

[ooc: TB might sense Achilles.. but its basically a mechanical bird to his senses it would still be bird-sized and easily confused with other birds likely in the area.  He might miss the fact that Achilles is moving just as fast as the larger target - which will have to be much closer before TB can get the target's general shape as being man-shaped.  I'm pretty sure the trees would make his senses fuzzy at best but trees do not fly either and he was already in the air near treetop level at 20'ft altitude. 11 mile range - LoS basically, is pretty far!]
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2012 at 11:59pm by Thunderbolt »  

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #37 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Hey Thunderbolt, what is going on up there?

If you think you need to stay, let me and Diesel go. We will walk to our objective while you deal with what you are sensing.

to himself, Wow, Thunderbolt must be coming from a warzone. He seems to be expecting a full out assault at any moment.

V&V character creation is too much fun.
                                     - Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM
http://vav-megalopolis-pbem.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #38 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
"Well, I could do that Machinist, but I'm not sure if what I'm sensing is friendly or hostile.  If its friendly than its no biggie and we continue on or way... but if its hostile I'd rather have team backup."

"Consider this... I can tell its smaller than a airplane and bigger than a bird but its faster than a car and flying... what's that bring to mind? 
A drone, a flying meta or a missile?  Thunderwing is on the ground... with Izzy inside a sitting duck of a target if its hostile.  I'd really like backup... but I'll set you down if that's what you wish... it would only take a moment for me to drop you IF it IS hostile and we need to fight.  But I'd rather not waste the endurance to pick you up again if its not hostile."

[ Observation check please, Detect Danger check please ]

[OOC: LOL! The Mean Streets! Mafia wise-guys running protection shake-down rackets neighborhood wide.  Yakuza enforcers, Tong Golden Dragon thugs, and Colombian cartel pushers all battling it out for their piece of the action.  Gang-bangers and hopped-up cocaine cowboys with too many guns and too little brains looking for a quick score so they can afford their next fix...! Yeah... a Warzone.]
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2012 at 11:34pm by Thunderbolt »  

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #39 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
Meanwhile high in the sky ...

Rampart continues to fly in a tactical pattern designed to look for Achilles and a potentially inbound Skyhawk. Looking down from his SARCAP position, the man from another time notices the display of power Thunderbolt exhibits close to the Thunderwing while talking to the Protectors. Deja vu? This all seems strangely familiar for some reason.

Refocusing his telescopic vision Rampart lights another flare and tries to listen to the group chatter while maintaining his comm-link with Power Chord. Tapping the side earpiece of his visor, Damn static. I'm not getting half of what's coming across this thing.
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:28pm by Ranger »  

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #40 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 12:14am
Print Post  
Thunderbolt wrote on Sep 27th, 2012 at 11:01pm:
"Consider this... I can tell its smaller than a airplane and bigger than a bird but its faster than a car and flying... what's that bring to mind? 
A drone, a flying meta or a missile?  Thunderwing is on the ground... with Izzy inside a sitting duck of a target if its hostile.  I'd really like backup... but I'll set you down if that's what you wish... it would only take a moment for me to drop you IF it IS hostile and we need to fight.  But I'd rather not waste the endurance to pick you up again if its not hostile."

"Well if it comes to that, put me down and I'll fire up the old flamethrower to draw any heat seekers away."
"What am I saying? Ah well, you don't build a suit of armor to fix trucks better, now did you?" Diesel thinks to himself.

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #41 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 12:17am
Print Post  
GM to T-Bolt - You Detect Danger doesn't register any immediate danger in the area.

GM to the group - As you all talk amongst yourselves, Izzy chimes in.

- "Hey guys, this is really weird, I can't get anything on the comm system, I mean nothing, no GPS, no satellite, nada. The T-Bird’s systems are state of the art, with several redundancies built in for safety.  I personally ran checks on every piece of gear before we took off, and there's no way all of the systems should be down at the same time. It's just not right.
I’m going to go aft and check the rest of the electronics, and see if I can figure out exactly what’s going on. I’ve also got some maps in the back. With the GPS down, you might need them to figure out exactly where at.”

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #42 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Shawn ponders the situation and his thoughts fired by his electric powers move again at accelerated pace...

Activating his Comm-Link with the team...

"Ok.  I'm putting you two down but not releasing hold of you... but I don't need to arrest your movement doing that and can pick you up again with but a thought."

"Izzy - , Read you loud and clear... there is a unidentified target approaching, gonna hold position to find out if its hostile...do what you can with Thunderwing's systems... maybe Machinist can give a hand... if he's willing."

Gesturing Thunderbolt gently settle machinist to the ground but his buckles and metal accoutrements on his costume continue to rattle nervously as the magnetic field is still around him... within Thunderbolt's control ready to pick him up again with but a thought...

"Machinist - , there is a unidentified target approaching rapidly.  Not sure if its hostile so I'm holding position until we know for sure.  But with our electronics going down - we will need those maps Izzy's got, if your willing to go retrieve them... maybe you can find out if there is something wrong with the T-Wing?"

Turning his gaze Diesel's way - the powered armor floats gently toward a small tree to the right flank of the Thunderwing and he settles to the ground.  Though, the powered armor shudders occasionally as the magnetic field still surrounds him but exerts no force to move or hinder his own movement...

"Diesel - , I'm going to set you down near Thunderwing's flank near that small tree ready your flamethrower on it to light it up... not yourself so its the target if our closing target is a heat seeking missile.  But don't light it yet!!!  The target may not be hostile.  That tree is far enough away from the other trees that if we're careful it won't start a brush or forest fire."

Looking up at Rampart - far above, "Rampart, unknown target approaching. Some high-guard air cover would be nice if you can hear me...?"

Turning to look toward Power Chord - "Power Chord there is an unidentified target approaching not sure if its hostile or what.  Think you can put one of those cool force fields around the Thunderwing to protect Izzy and the T-Wing if the target is hostile?  We may need those maps Izzy's talking about with our electronics going down.  Maybe Agent Woo could retrieve them or Machinist?  I'm planning on getting a little altitude - some 50'ft higher to draw fire and get a better view of the approaching target unless you got a better plan?"
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2012 at 11:33am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #43 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 11:59am
Print Post  
GM to the group Sorry guys, I forgot to mention it, but your internal comm links are also being affected by the interference, so comms are intermittent at best. So relaying information over them is going to be a problem.

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #44 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
OOC:  Ok Dom, everyone parse as you think is cool or appropriate what Thunderbolt has said.  Some are nearby and may still hear his voice.

EDIT: LOL. Yeah sorry, I meant you can hear or not hear what make sense or seems cool in your opinion from what he said "parsing" through words heard or not heard as fits your take on Thunderbolt's last post.

Since the comms are not reliable any more.   The same thing was done before by Rampart in one of his posts.  He heard some of what was said but not everything clearly.

Like this...

Ranger wrote on Sep 15th, 2012 at 10:36pm:
Using the hands free function of the comm-gear the Machinist had installed earlier Rampart periodically checks in with the Thunderwing  with the idea of helping the gadgetter determine how to cut through whatever is interfering with the communication signals.skkk***Ramp*** to Po*** Chord … Mr. ***th’s ride might be pretty *** she’s about as sub*** as Jim McMahon in train*** camp. Let’s *** if we can bring Sky***k to us. ***skkk

*Pfssst*

That make it clearer?
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:00pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #45 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
The Machinist checks his scanner to make sure he still has signal lock on the BSI beacon. When he confirms he has the beacon locked in he will hand signal for Diesel to follow him.

Whether Diesel follows or not, he walks silently toward the beacon.

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #46 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt watches Machinist - walk off, on his own, without a word. 
He looks over to Power Chord - and shrugs waiting for his directions.

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #47 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 7:23am
Print Post  
GM to Stalker:

Mrs. Fitzpatrick responds - "Time card..., oh, I'm so sorry" while moving out the way to let you by.

The officers wait for you to pass, then continue their conversation with her. You manage to pick up most of it, as you fumble around taking your time as though you're not sure where the blank time cards are.

The African American detective speaks - " Are you sure she hadn't mentioned meeting anyone new lately."

Mrs. Fitzpatrick thinks for a moment, and then says "Now that I think of it, she did mention she was thinking of possibly looking into a new part time job. She only mentioned it once, Eternal something or other. They were advertising for young women on campus, but she never brought it up again. Do really think that's important?

The African American Detective - "As I said earlier, we're just following up on a few leads. Well thank you for your time ma'am, if you can think of anything else, please give me a call. My number is on the card I gave you earlier."

And both detectives turn and leave. Mrs. Fitzpatrick, now visibly upset, excuses her self to the ladies room, leaving you to catch another look at the unmarked police car, and its plates.

Actions?

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #48 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 7:30am
Print Post  
GM to the group at the T-wing. - It's going to take you guys about 5 minutes or so to walk to the area where the signal is coming from. One thing all of you find strange is that with all of this atmospheric interference, that somehow this one signal manages to continue to broadcast without problems.

While en route you all catch a glimpse of Skyhawk and Achilles flying in your general direction, and he spots you all as well. You motion for him to land in the area near the signal. The area is heavily wooded, with trees in every direction, but as far as you can tell, there's really not much else. There's a small clearing, that's large enough for all of you to congregate in and figure out what's been going on.

Actions?

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #49 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 8:18am
Print Post  
Thunderbolt looks Skyhawk over not sure what to make of the mechanical 'Achilles'... but clearly fascinated by the technical wonder of the construct bird.  He watches the interaction between Skyhawk and his team mates trying to get a feel for how the Protectors interact with each other.

On arrival at the small clearing...

Thunderbolt looks nervous, "Guys this is suspicious... why is this signal still clear when no other signals are?  Seems like a trap.  And with all these trees around my Radar Sense is not going to be very effective."
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2012 at 8:18am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #50 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Seems like a trap.

And they say I am the paranoid one. It could be that the beacon is on a totally different frequency so it isn't being affected.

But I agree with you this is very strange. Would you check the Beacon to see if it has been tampered with?

Diesel will you give me a hand with scanning the area?

Skyhawk have you noticed anything that would suggest what is going on here?

Power Chord, I will try scanning again but this is beginning to seem to be your area of speciality. Do you have any kind of spell which could tell us what happened here?

The Machinist would continue to scan. He will change frequencies, wave lengths, spectrums and anything else to try to figure out what is going on.

OOC: Roll for Detect Hidden please.

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #51 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 11:48am
Print Post  
Thunderbolt shrugs, "Hey, I just call em' how I see em'..."

"I'm gonna get a little altitude just for some aerial coverage... and better clarity with my Radar Sense if aerial hostiles are incoming.  I'll stay in yelling range..."

Thunderbolt takes flight to a height of about 30'ft and erects both his Magnetic shield and Electrified body sheath ready to defend against any incoming ambush. His body and cloak arc with ready crackling electricity; arcing in regular patterns shaped by the Magnetic shield...

OOC: On Watch - Observation & Detect Danger checks
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2012 at 11:49am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #52 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
Rampart watches a figure matching the description in the BSI files fly in from the direction of Jonesville. Waving a greeting as he passes by, Jason decides to maintain an aerial overwatch as the Protectors gather together and make their way toward a wooded area. Using a combination of the comm-link for what it's worth and basic hand signals, Rampart informs Machinist he will be keeping an eye from up above.

Carefully surveying the area surrounding the woods, Rampart switches back and forth between his standard and night vision attempting to spot anything unusual. Maintaining an aerial position approximately a half mile above the heroes below the man from another time continues to observe the area and approaches through the air and on foot to provide the Protectors with early warning of any potential bogies. All the while thinking of back to the day, his last day as a normal man. (to be continued in Jason Rollins Journal)
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2012 at 4:55pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #53 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Looks out at the car and makes a note of the plate number. When he gets his new time card he picks a pen up off the desk to fill it out. As he walks back to the time clock he turns the card over and writes down the license. Later on his lunch break he calls Craig and gives him the number. "I also want you to check all the newspapers and advertising rags around campus for anything referring to or using the word Eternal."

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #54 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 2:24am
Print Post  
GM to Stalker:

Craig manages to track the unmarked car through a restricted ECPD database. It's assigned to the MCU, and currently signed out to Det. Nathan Jones. From what he can tell, it's equipped with a GPS system that will let dispatchers know where the vehicle is in an emergency. He's going to try to keep an eye on them, but has to be careful as the ECPD IT guys have pretty good security protocols, and he doesn't want to alert them.

He's also managed to find some information on the "Eternal Youth Beauty Salon and Spa". From what he can see, it's only been open for about six months. They offer massages, facials, beauty treatments, etc. to women. He can't find out to much about it's owners other than they're an off shore holding company based somewhere in Eastern Europe. He's going to dig around and see what else he can find. He shoots you the address, and a map of it's location.

Actions?

YIM  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #55 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Noticing the new additions to the group, Skyhawk gives a brief wave in acknowledgement of them. Dropping down in the clearing he lands close to The Machinist.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318InquisitorDracos/Supers/Machinist.pngSkyhawk have you noticed anything that would suggest what is going on here?
[/quote]
Skyhawk responds. "I've picked up elevated levels of radiation and encountered towns folk who seem to be cast out of Invasion of the Body snatchers, but nothing else. " I'm telling you guys," he says to the group "this place seems weird. There has to be something sinister behind this."
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2012 at 7:01pm by Hawk »  

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #56 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Diesel looks around for a moment to see if he can see what Thunderbird was talking about and then he follows Machinist.

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #57 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 11:24am
Print Post  
GM to The Machinist: The readings are really strange. Your scan detects elevated levels of radiation, and a lot of electromagnetic interference in the area.

GM to the group: As you all talk amongst yourselves, you are startled by a very loud "BOO!" As you turn a ghostly white costumed figure hovers a few inches above thre ground, just pass the edge of the clearing.

Actions?

YIM  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #58 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Skyhawk up-links to Achilles. "Hold position, run a scan on new arrival, update me with what you can determine about it."
"don't want to do anything aggressive," he thinks to himself, "That could start a conflict that isn't necessary,or this could be a new teammate. Wish the comm wasn't acting up so they could have told me about the new arrivals, and how many there are."

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #59 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt looks down at the new arrival and cocks his head in curiosity.

He drifts forward casually and lowers down to about 5 feet off the ground and about 10'ft distant from the newcomer.

"Uhm, Hi.  I'm Thunderbolt.  I'm going go out on a limb here and figure if you were behind the strangeness going on around here you would not have blown your surprise position by yourself if you were hostile."

Gesturing at Power Chord - , "That's Power Chord, the leader of the PROTECTORSHe's running this show.. we're trying to find some lost University Students and figure out what is causing all this EM interference... seems there is something wrong with the townsfolk as well.  So mind telling us who you are and if you know anything about what's going on here?"

The young white-haired African-American{?} man floating before the new arrival is arcing lightning in a very concise spherical bubble around himself his arms crossed at his chest.  His white cloak and maroon & black costume all seem to be made of some fine metal mesh and a Katana hilt peeks over one shoulder.  He is not being aggressive despite the display of power he is maintaining.
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2012 at 2:11pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #60 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
Did anyone else hear this guy say "BOO"?

Please Diesel tell me you heard that?

C'mon Rampart please tell me you see Casper?

Power Chord, this one is all yours.

Machinist steps back a few steps away from the ghostly white figure. He continues to scan the area and includes the newcomer in the scan

« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2012 at 2:04pm by The Cougar »  

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #61 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
. . . last I saw of the squadron they had picked up the wounded ‘hero’ and were escorting him back across the Turkey border. After that the flight control computer blew and . . .

. . . noticing that the team has halted its progress Jason refocuses his visor’s vision to the clearing. “What the …? It’s not possible.” One last check of the skies and natural approaches and Rampart drops from the sky at an accelerated rate. Careful, he won’t know me from Adam in this costume.  Pulling up a few yards from the alabaster clad companion of a day lost in the past. Hands out and palms up in a gesture of friendship, Jason approaches the familiar looking figure.

“Ghost . . . is it you? I'm a friend.”
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2012 at 5:35pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #62 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 1:45pm
Print Post  

Truning from Power Chord to Rampart (startled) - "Uhhhmmm...yeah, I'm Ghost, but who are you and how do you know who I am!?!"

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #63 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
His voice? It's seems like he hasn't aged a day. The man I remember was full of confidence. Could it be an imposter?

Slowly walking closer, Rampart looks carefully at the white clad costume. (Tactics skill roll for Detect Weakness please). Stopping close enough to whisper so that just the two of them may hear, Jason keeps his hands out indicating his peaceful intentions and looks the young man in the eye. "Operation Tartarus?"
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2012 at 2:14pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #64 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt - , continues to hover 10'ft distant from the new apparition-like meta.  He casually glances up detecting Rampart's rapid descent but do not take his eyes off the new arrival.

He listens patiently as Rampart - , identifies the meta as Ghost - , {So they know each other... from where I wonder?  More meta's popping out of the woodwork every moment around here.}

But Thenderbolt - , holds position waiting to see if 'Ghost' will answer his question or avoid the subject of what he knows {if anything} about the goings on in Jonesville.
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2012 at 3:16pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #65 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Ghost
looks curiously at Rampart, "I'm......not sure I've met you before, though you do seem familiar.  (then quietly, to Rampart only) "Is there any way you could have known my great grandfather?"

Ghost thinks to himself 'The math doesn't seem right, there's no way he could have known my great-grandfather; he's been dead for decades!'

Ghost then turns to Thunderbolt "I've just arrived here myself and was beginning to think things were strange when I noticed you all arriving"
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2012 at 3:35pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #66 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt nods accepting the reply and seeming to relax a slight bit, then get a very inquisitive expression.

"I take it you are incorporeal?  I'm having trouble sensing you with my Radar Sense... your not solid enough... less than cloud of vapor as I can pick that up as an object tenuous as clouds are.  Fascinating... that's a neat trick you have there... talking I mean.  If you're not interacting with normal matter how are you stimulating air with your vocal cords to make sound... even more how do you breath if your not interacting with 3 dimensional matter around you?"
Then he realizes he's let his mind run away with him again, and smiles a little sheepishly , "...er ahah... sorry another time perhaps.  Scientific curiosity can be a real burden sometimes... nice to meet you!  Do you know Rampart?"

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #67 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Ghost doesn't sound very sure of himself when he answers, "I've a small bit of medical knowledge myself, and I have to tell you that some of my ghostly abilities don't....follow the normal rules and laws of physics...or anatomy."

"As for Rampart...he seems familiar, but please understand that I'm not trying to be...evasive when I say that I'm not really sure.  These abilities and 'powers' I have are quite new to me, and I'm not quite sure exactly how they work entirely.  I'll, uh....have to explain more later...when we have more time."

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #68 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
A small shake of his head at this younger 'Ghost' little revelations of his background spurs Rampart to give the apparent great grandson some small advice. "Ghost it's a pleasure to meet you. If you like we can talk about that other thing ... later ... " Lifting off the ground a few feet as he prepares to resume his overwatch position, " ... until then ... be careful."

Flying over to Power Chord and the other Protectors, Rampart addresses the Team leader. "You know ... when this is all over, we all ought to have a nice chat over a steak and a few beers. Unless you have other ideas I'll head back upstairs and keep an eye on things." Turning his head slightly to Ghost. "Up to you of course, but I trust him."

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #69 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
Glancing around at the collection of Meta's, Power Chord moves toward the latest arrival.

"Welcome Ghost, we are actually working with the BSI, and came to investigate some meteoric activity nearby.  We've just met up with our team member here," pointing toward

"We were about to get an update from him as to what's been going on around here, but perhaps you have some information?"

Power Chord will observe Ghosts mannerisms and body language to determine if he appears to be truthful, but will not cast any spells or investigate the new comer magically. Skill use, detect deception, and linguistics to determine where/when he might be from.  

No need to cause an incident he thinks to himself. 
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2012 at 8:16pm by Hammer »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Topic Tools

>