Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Classic Super Friends (Read 11260 times)
SuperFriend
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Classic Super Friends
Jun 14th, 2009 at 1:49am
Print Post  
I thought it would be fun to write up some of the animated DC heroes and villains from my youth, espeically those who never made it into the comic book canon.

Let's get the ball rolling with my favorite hero after the Super Friends (or JLA) expanded their lineup. Growing up I always thought his name was Black Falcon. Only as an adult did I learn he was really called...

BLACK VULCAN
Identity: not Jefferson Pierce (Black Lightning)
Sex: Male
Side: Good
Level: 4

POWERS
1. Lightning Control: 36" range, 2d8 damage, PR = 4. With special attacks, he can use his powers in more creative ways than described in the rules.

2. Body Power: Black Vulcan can fly by transforming the lower half of his body into electricity. Requires one action to activate, simultaneously triggering his Lightning defense, max. speed = 288 mph, PR = 4/hour. Black Vulcan once extended this ability to transform entirely into electricity and travel at hyperspeed to escape from a black hole. Consider this a Power save to miraculously survive certain death (see rules, p. 44).

3. Independence from Atmosphere: This first edition power applies to several members of the Super Friends who can breathe in outer space without Life Support or Adaption.

Weight: 180 lbs.
Basic Hits: 4

Strength; 16
Endurance: 18
Agility: 14
Intelligence: 16
Charisma: 15
Reactions from Good/Evil: +/- 2

Power: 64
Hit Points: 20
Hit Mod. (1.4)(2.2)(1.3)(1.2) = 4.8048

Accuracy: +1
Damage Mod.: +2

Carry Capacity: 531 lbs.
Basic HTH Damage: 1d8

Movement: 48" ground, 1,268" flying

Det. Hidden: 12%
Det. Danger: 16%

Origin and Background: (American) Physics. Little is known about Black Vulcan before he joined the animated Justice League.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Vulcan

« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2009 at 1:28am by SuperFriend »  

Black_vulcan.jpg ( 8 KB | 12 Downloads )
Black_vulcan.jpg
IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Re: Classic Super Friends
Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2009 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
Nice job!
Apache Chief! Apache Chief!

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #2 - Jun 14th, 2009 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
I think you are the leading expert on Black Vulcan.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

SuperFriend
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #3 - Jun 15th, 2009 at 12:53am
Print Post  
Disagreements with Black Lightning creator Tony Isabella had left him out of the animated cartoons, leading to the creation of  Black Vulcan instead. While lacking an origin story or identity, Black Vulcan remained the least stereotypical African-American superhero of the 1970s (on TV or in print).

Other members of the diversified Super Friends cartoon should have been so lucky. Case in point ...

APACHE CHIEF
Identity: unrevealed
Level: 6

POWERS
1. Natural Weaponry (skill): +2 to hit, +4 damage, with a bonus +8 to hit giant opponents.

2. Magical Spell with Special Requirement: By uttering the word "Inyuk-chuk" (Big Man), he can grow to 50 feet tall. Height Factor = 8, Weight Factor = 512. His adjusted stats appear after the slash marks below.

Treat unique instances when he grows to cosmic proportions or uses other powers as "one-shot" inventions (see rules, p. 40).

Weight: 180 lbs. / 92,160 lbs.
Basic hits: 4 / 1,844

Strength: 18
Endurance: 18
Agility: 13 / 0
Intelligence: 15
Charisma: 15

Power: 64 / 51
Hit Points: 22 / 779
Hit Mod. (1.6)(2.2)(1.3/0.1)(1.2) = 5.4912 / 0.4224

Carry Capacity: 687 lbs. / 351,683 lbs.
Basic HTH Damage: 1d8 / 7d10

Accuracy: +1 / -8 (not including nat. weaponry)
Damage Mod.: +2 / -3 (not including nat. weaponry)

Movement Rates: 49" / 288"

Origin and Background: (American) Religion/Mysticism. As a young man, he received a pouch of magic dust as part of a bravery test. Gaining size-change powers as a result, he later became a member of the animated Justice League. It is unclear if the hero is now a tribal chief himself or if he uses the title simply as a codename.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Chief
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2009 at 10:04am by SuperFriend »  

250px-Apachechief.jpg ( 10 KB | 5 Downloads )
250px-Apachechief.jpg
IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #4 - Jun 15th, 2009 at 9:35am
Print Post  
Thanks.  Cheesy

IP Logged

SuperFriend
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #5 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 8:03am
Print Post  
Atom of the Super Friends got a raw deal. As a guest star during the 1970s, the animated hero was significantly less powerful than his comic book counterpart.

Only yesterday did I discover that Atom became a full member of the Super Friends ca. 1980, with powers more in keeping with the comics. But those later episodes are outside of my range.

Here's how the not-so-super hero appeared when I was watching the show...

ATOM
Identity: Ray Palmer
Level: 4

POWERS
1. Size Change/Smaller (variable): PR = 2 to shrink. Atom usually appears between three and twelve inches in height. Shrinking to subatomic levels will not send him to another dimension.

Scale: 1'
Height Factor = 6
Weight Factor = .004
Weight: .72 lbs.

Scale: 3"
Height Factor = 24
Weight Factor = .00074
Weight: .01332 lbs.

2. Body Power:  When shrunk, Atom can leap/glide a distance of 70", landing safely at the end of the turn, PR = 1.  He usually travels by riding on someone's shoulder.

3. Physical Handicap: This version of the Atom does not retain his full strength when he shrinks and must save vs. Strength (d20) to pull levers, lift telephone receivers, and move other hand-held objects. If a roll fails, he can try again. Standard HTH combat is not an option while shrunk.

Weight: 180 lbs. (standard height)

Strength: 14
Endurance: 13
Agility: 18
Intelligence: 18
Charisma: 16

Hit Points: 17
Power: 63
Hit Mod. (1.2)(1.4)(1.9)(1.3) = 4.1496

Accuracy: +3
Damage Mod: +3

Carry Capacity: 364 lbs. (standard height)
Basic HTH Damage: 1d6 (standard height)

Movement Rates: 45" ground (standard height)

Det. Hidden: 14%
Det. Danger: 18%

Origin and Background: (American) Research/Technology, Physics. In the comics, Ray Palmer invented a shrinking lens that gave him superpowers.
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2009 at 8:12am by SuperFriend »  

atom.gif ( 1 KB | 8 Downloads )
atom.gif
IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #6 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Poor little fella.

IP Logged

SuperFriend
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #7 - Jun 20th, 2009 at 1:47am
Print Post  
Seein' how everybody's got a website these days, I 'cided to make some adjustments to the write-ups above and place them on my very own cite: www.superfriendstats.blogspot.com

I had to take Apache Chief down to 5th level after rethinking how I was leveling the animated Justice League at this point--with the Big Blue at Level 10 at this point of his cartoon career.

Speakin' o' which, Supes is my latest post. I just put him up tongiht. Feel free to come over and check it out. I have a link back here as well.

There's no way I'm ditchin' this forum!
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2009 at 1:48am by SuperFriend »  
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #8 - Jun 21st, 2009 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
I just checked out your site.  Lots of fun.  I really like how you wrote up the unwriteable Superman.  Nice job!

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

SuperFriend
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #9 - Jun 21st, 2009 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Jun 21st, 2009 at 7:57pm:
I just checked out your site.  Lots of fun.  I really like how you wrote up the unwriteable Superman.  Nice job!

Thanks! Supes is one of the hardest heroes to squeeze into V&V. He truly is a 3d6 character--3d6 powers, I mean. Tryin' to stick with the 7 powers + 1 weakness model took some work, although it certainly meant pushing the envelope (although some of the modules do include villains with many more powers and weaknesses than that).

IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #10 - Jun 21st, 2009 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
Great job!

I think he needs Adaptation or at least Independence from Atmosphere, rather than cramming it under Flight.

Can you force his super strength into one slot to make room?

Aside from that nitpick, really nice work!

IP Logged

SuperFriend
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #11 - Jun 21st, 2009 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
Doctor Foom wrote on Jun 21st, 2009 at 10:05pm:
Great job!

I think he needs Adaptation or at least Independence from Atmosphere, rather than cramming it under Flight.

Can you force his super strength into one slot to make room?

Aside from that nitpick, really nice work!

Hey Doc Foom--

You are so correct  Since I ended up givin' him a 160 anyway (after tryin' out some other stats), I changed the Mutant Power to Strength x 10. Less complicated than the two-step approach I'd been usin'. This makes him a lot cleaner.

And then I did give him Independence from Atmosphere.

The comics Supes has Adaption, fer sure. But I'm not sure I saw the cartoon character flyin' into the sun. What a relief!
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2009 at 10:48pm by SuperFriend »  
IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #12 - Jun 22nd, 2009 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
I really like your characteristic stats too: 160 strength doing 7d10 damage and just a 16 Agility with the 6,000+ mph flight covering for his speed.

The strength stunts for 40 PR is a neat idea, and how you wrote up Kryptonite's effects.

Who's next?!

IP Logged

SuperFriend
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #13 - Jun 26th, 2009 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Doctor Foom wrote on Jun 22nd, 2009 at 1:32pm:
Who's next?!

Those goofy Wonder Twins are next.  http://superfriendstats.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2009 at 4:13pm by SuperFriend »  
IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #14 - Jun 26th, 2009 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Nice job. Too funny.

As goofy as they were, they were a welcome relief from Wendy, Marvin and Wonder Dog.

Hey, I wonder what Wonder Woman thought of the Twins and the Dog stealing her descriptor?

IP Logged

SuperFriend
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #15 - Jun 26th, 2009 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Not to mention the Boy Wonder!

Hands-down, the Super Friends were the most Wonderful Team!

No wonder Simon Williams had such low self-esteem as an Avenger! Dude had a DC cartoon name!

IP Logged

SuperFriend
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #16 - Jun 28th, 2009 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
I had to make some updates to Superman. Turned out two of the 1970s showed that he can still use his Heat Vision when imprisoned by kryptonite. Who knew? Plus, I had to add that darn infrared vision. Even in the cartoons the fella has more powers than he knows what to do with!

Plus, everybody's fav Hal Jordan is now up on the site. Compared to Clark Kent, Green Lantern is pretty darn workable.

www.superfriendstats.blogspot.com
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2009 at 10:04pm by SuperFriend »  
IP Logged

Harkker
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #17 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 11:29am
Print Post  
Very nice....

Although i might add that gleek has long been atributed to being able to make a bucket out of thin air. Wink

oh and wouldnt green lantern have force field? Or am I mixing up the cartoon and the comic books?

I love the fact that you did the tv show...I will use them at some point
« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2009 at 11:31am by Harkker »  

IP Logged

SuperFriend
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #18 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
Harkker wrote on Jul 2nd, 2009 at 11:29am:
and wouldnt green lantern have force field? Or am I mixing up the cartoon and the comic books?

I'm interpreting the green glow around him as part of his adaption defense, since I don't see him using other force screens in the 1970s cartoons. One of the reasons for takin' on the cartoon versions is because in some ways they're a little more manageable than the print versions.

Except for Batman. When I finally get to him, that will be a challenge!

Along the way, I might add some villains too.

IP Logged

SuperFriend
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #19 - Jul 6th, 2009 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Seein' how the Quicksilver write-up just went up, I'm pastin' down my take on the animated Flash from the 1970s cartoons. After watchin' and watchin', I didn't see any sign that the dude had heightened speed in the cartoons--so he's lucky to get a 15 from me! I don't give the animated characters all the experience they had in the comics--but anyone who went up against the Legion of Doom is at least level 4 (sorry Wonder Twins), with higher levels based on their earlier appearances and known histories on the show. So Flash and Green Lantern are level 6 to me.

FLASH
Identity: Barry Allen
Level: 6

POWERS
1. Heightened Expertise: +4 HTH while running. With a special attack, Flash can tie up opponents while running in circles around them.

2. Heightened Speed (x2): +45 initiative, +1,350" per turn. Flash can combine movement rate with additional actions to complete repetitive tasks very quickly.

3. Body Power: By spending one action, Flash can shift to hyper-speed, running 13,500 miles per turn. At hyper-speed, he can run on water and vibrate through solids. Flash cannot attack, perform other actions, or make standard detection rolls while moving at hyper-speed. PR = 2 per turn.

Flash can spend inventing points to use his super speed to create massive vortexes and for other climatic effects.

Weight: 180 lbs.

Strength: 16
Endurance: 17
Agility: 15
Intelligence: 16
Charisma: 18
Reactions from Good/Evil: +/- 3

Hit Points: 20
Power Points: 65
Hit Mod. (1.4)(1.8)(1.6)(1.2) = 4.8384
Healing Rate: 1.6/day

Accuracy: +2 (not including heightened expertise)
Damage Mod.: +2

Carrying Capacity: 522 lbs.
Basic HTH Damage: 1d8

Movement Rate: 1,398" (317 mph) at standard speed

Inventing: 48%

Origin and Background: (American) Chemistry. Barry Allen gained super speed when he was struck by lightning. The Flash is archenemies with Captain Cold.

Membership Status: Flash made guest appearances on the original and All-New Super Friends Hour, and was a regular on Challenge of the Super Friends. In the comics, Flash was a founding member of the Justice League.
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2009 at 12:52am by SuperFriend »  
IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #20 - Jul 7th, 2009 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Nice!

If your taking requests, I'd love to see Black Manta. But he can't be humble.
He's one of my favorite DC villains of all time, probably due to Challenge of the Super Friends. That voice was great.

IP Logged

SuperFriend
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #21 - Jul 7th, 2009 at 9:56am
Print Post  
Cool. Black Manta will take a little work, but I'll get to him ASAP. He's the only member of the Legion of Doom to appear on Super Friends before the Challenge of the Super Friends began.

A couple of notes about Flash. I found a few episodes that showed him running halfway around the world in less than 15 seconds--so the Body Power bonus works about about right in terms of calculations. At these speeds, he does appear to be faster than Supes (within the atmosphere).

Something that's interesting about Flash is that even when he's running at 300 mph, he looks like he's goin' faster because we see his arms and legs movin' back and forth. Others like Black Vulcan fly about that speed but look more stationary because their limbs are staying in the same position.
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2009 at 9:57am by SuperFriend »  
IP Logged

SuperFriend
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #22 - Jul 7th, 2009 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
One more note ...

Before I start adding more villains, I need to spend some time thinking about how I want to handle levels. I've adjusted the hero levels a bit so far--after watching a few more episodes--and have settled on this framework.

Level 10: Superman
Level 9: Wonder Woman
Level 8: Batman
Level 7: Aquaman

Level 6: Green Lantern and the Flash

I had to put Apache Chief down to Level 4, along with Black Vulcan and Samurai.

And poor ol' Atom really belongs all the way down at Level 3 (with the Wonder Twins, at their most experienced).

There are a few heroes that I'm still on the fence about. I want to think things through some more before doin' more postin'--to prevent me from going back and revamping myself.

IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #23 - Jul 8th, 2009 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
Come on. We're not picky.

Keep going!

IP Logged

SuperFriend
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #24 - Jul 10th, 2009 at 12:19am
Print Post  
Black Manta is on the site: http://superfriendstats.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-07-09T20%3A20%3A00-...

I'm tryin' to avoid all of the goofy one-time devices that the villains (and heroes) used--so Black Manta ends up bein' a guy with a boat. I had to include his anti-Aquaman telepathic scrambler though, cuz it is way cooler than a generic ray-gun of the week.

Captain Cold is up too (along with Gentleman Jim Craddock).

Green Lantern is updated too, cuz in the All-New Super Friends Hour the dude actually flew by makin' a jet. He did it a few times, so I'm treatin' it as legit on the show at that time.

Since half the Legion of Doom have even fewer powers than Captain Cold (and he oughta thank me for givin him some token armor), I'll get back to some of the heroes next. It's kind of fun watchin' the show again (after all this time) and seein' how much the same and how different it seems than how I remembered.

IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #25 - Jul 10th, 2009 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Thanks! Nice Manta. I agree that the Special Weapon power could cover all his gadgets, working like the 1st edition power "Gimmicks."

I think Lantern's energy jet could be covered by his Solid Illusions, no?
I think his flight could too. Maybe he has a power that enables his solid energy illusions to move faster than standard?

It's fun and dangerous to watch old favorite shows. Sometimes they don't hold up.  Cry

IP Logged

SuperFriend
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #26 - Jul 10th, 2009 at 10:00am
Print Post  
I think he uses creation points to create the Lantern Jet (usin' up energy from his ring), but it flies A LOT faster than solid energy illusions would allow.

I still don't see how his ordinary flight  would work as solid energy illusions because he doesn't have to create anything to fly that way--and goes a lot faster than illusions would allow.
It's not like Sue Richards ridin on her force fields.

In game terms, the cartoon character may have used an inventing point to add the ability to make an energy jet go faster--than used another inventing point to fly without the jet. (But that's my own way of tryin' to make sense of things.)

I wish Black Manta in the cartoons had more consistency in his powers. He ends up bein' like a lot of members of the Legion of Doom who use special weapons here and there--but they're all basically treated as one-shots.

As an aside, it's been interesting to see the Wonder Twins' powers develop in watchin' the old shows. Originally, they can each transform into one new shape/form, then transform back by touching.

In one episode we see Jayna trapped as a caterpillar, but escaping by becoming a butterfly.

In another episode we see Zan turn into a raincloud, then rain himself back to the ground.

After that point, they each begin to transform into different shapes/forms after making initial contact--so Jayna can touch Zan, become an eagle, then become a gorilla, etc., before touching Zan again and returning to normal. (He can make similarly subsequent transformations from water to an ice object, etc. before touching Jayna again and becoming normal).

IP Logged

SuperFriend
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #27 - Jul 10th, 2009 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
One more note about Solid Energy Illusions and Flight. Even the great Jack Herman gave Terra of the Titans an extra Mutant Power t/explain her ability to fly approx. 90 mph by ridin' on rock objects. So I'm still okay sayin' that Green Lantern has legit flight (or a similar ability) on top of solid energy illusions.

IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #28 - Jul 10th, 2009 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
I guess I'm thinking of comics Green Lantern, where he often glows green when flying. I concede.  Smiley

Do you have the Teen Titans write ups from Different Worlds? If yes, could you please post them at some point?

Did they also stat the X-Men in the issue with the cover illustrated by Willingham? If yes, could you post them at some point please?

(this goes for anyone else reading this)

Thanks!

IP Logged

SuperFriend
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #29 - Jul 10th, 2009 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
Hey, Dr. Foom--I appreciate yer flexibility. And I definitely like feedback.

Green Lantern doesn't fly in his All-New ... guest appearances--but the jet definitely works like a real jet--not like one of his other creations. I see the glow around his body as part of his Adaption defense--or simply a sign that he's using the ring's energy. On Challenge of the Superfriends he flies all the time and keeps up w/Black Vulcan and Samuria.

Here are some more notes--most of the time I'm going to leave out one-shot inventions. I kept in Black Manta's telepathic scrambler because he has used that in the comics, even if he used it only once in the cartoons of this era. All of the Legion of Doom use various contraptions at one point or another--so in that respect I'm goin' to try to be "bare bones" (to use the term you used in another thread).

I've never seen the X-Men write-ups (and have yet to meet someone who has). But I will post the Titans interpretations in another thread later this weekend--along w/some notes.

« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2009 at 10:59pm by SuperFriend »  
IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #30 - Jul 12th, 2009 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Thanks!

IP Logged

SuperFriend
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #31 - Jul 16th, 2009 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
I went back and added some more detail about red/blue kryptonite and Superman's powers/fatigue stats under green kryptonite (as they seemed to work on the cartoon of the late 1970s), and tweated his Endurance down to 30. It helped make his flyin' speed match the initiative-formula I wuz usin' for Flash's hyper-runnin' speed. It also helped explain that Supes doesn't seem extensibily resistant to paralysis ray and similar Endurance-based savin' throws on the animated shows at the time. He still has more than 400 HP, and (like flash) can go 48 times the speed of sound (halfway round the planet in 2 minutes), so I think it still works.

Wonder Woman and Aquaman are up there too. In the first run of the Super Friends (w/Wendy and Marvin), Wonder Woman's powers were handled fairly inconsistently. But her strength level seemed pretty stable by the time the Wonder Twins came on. So I have her liftin 3 tons. Monsters more than 10 feet tall seem stronger than her, and I don't see her liftin' particularly heavy things w/out her lass, so dats' why I went with those stats.

She and Aquaman each have just over 50 HP, makin' them the next toughest Super Friends after Apache Chief and Supes.

Incidentally, Supes fatigued by kryptonite is still about as tough as Atom at his best.
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2009 at 3:07pm by SuperFriend »  
IP Logged

SuperFriend
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Re: Classic Super Friends Updates
Reply #32 - Aug 18th, 2009 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
I just added Samurai. A few more villains will be up next. Then I'll get back to Batman and Robin. I've been taking meticulous notes to keep track of their default Bat-devices, their recurring Bat-devices, and their one-time devices.

Who'd of guessed that inflatable Batman and/or Robin decoys would come up in 3 episodes from the late 1970s???

The goofy thing about Bats is that even when he re-uses a device, he gives it a different Bat-name each time.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #33 - Aug 18th, 2009 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
SuperFriend wrote on Aug 18th, 2009 at 10:29pm:
The goofy thing about Bats is that even when he re-uses a device, he gives it a different Bat-name each time.

I think it's just different writers on the show, calling it something different in the script.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

SuperFriend
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #34 - Aug 22nd, 2009 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
Here are the Bat Vehicles I just posted. In game terms, Batman started out w/the Batmobile then used money to add the Batboat and Batcopter. Batjet's the only device that really needs inventing points.

Batman and Robin often use the following vehicles.

A) Batmobile: mid-sized car.
Weight: 4000 lbs. Passengers: 1+3. Cargo: 500 lbs. Speed: 120 mph. Disable: 20 points. Demolish: 80 points.

Specialized equipment allows the Batmobile to drive across almost any surface, although reduced speed may be necessary.

If the Batmobile is falling off a ledge, pushing a button on the dashboard (with a saved action) can release giant hot-air balloons to keep the car airborne: floating speed = 40" per turn.

All of Batman's vehicles can fire 40" cables strong enough to pull their own weight.

B) Batboat: motorboat.
Weight: 4500 lbs. Passengers: 1+5. Cargo: 500 lbs. Speed: 35 mph. Disable: 23 points. Demolish: 90 points.

C) Batcopter: helicopter.
Weight: 1650 lbs. Passengers: 1+3. Cargo: 500 lbs. Speed: 225 mph. Disable: 9 points. Demolish: 23 points.

In the event of a crash, the push of a button on the Batcopter or Batjet can open a large parachute (falling speed = 2" per phase) or release an instantly inflatable airbag/raft (3" x 3"): divide falling damage by 50. These vehicles can launch mini-parachutes and 2" x 2" nets (attached to cables) to rescue someone who is falling, range = 40", 2 charges.

D) Batjet: also Batplane and Bat Rocket.
Weight: 10,000 lbs. Passengers: 1+3. Cargo: 1,000 lbs. Speed: 2,000 mph (in atmosphere). Disable: 50 points. Demolish: 200 points.

The Batjet can launch torpedos/harpoons (range = 40", +4 to hit, 1d10 damage, 2 charges) or fire heat rays (range = 40", attack type = flame powers, 1d12 damage, 2 charges).

All vehicles require one action each turn to pilot/drive and another action to fire a weapon or activate a safety device.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools

>