Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Empire City Protectors Blog (Read 79457 times)
dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Re: Empire City Protectors Blog
Reply #175 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt wrote on Jan 21st, 2011 at 2:37pm:
Hey Dsummer, thanks for the action edit... I'm real sorry.. I'm really only familiar with champions. I really do not mean to use overkill attacks on the normals. I've actually NEVER played sit-down V&V...so I have NO CLUE how lethal some things are... Thank you for keeping that in mind...Shawn is supposed to be a hero.  I'll use more discretion in future posts! Smiley

No worries, I try to help out where I can. Now with the security guy's boss, lets just say he can take a few bumps.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

"Justice Like Lightning!"

Reply #176 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 7:37am
Print Post  
Sorry..Dsummer...been busy..I'll respond tonight...! Smiley

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #177 - Jan 27th, 2011 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
Sorry for the delay.  Posted finally.

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #178 - Jan 27th, 2011 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt wrote on Jan 27th, 2011 at 6:37pm:
Sorry for the delay.  Posted finally.

Like I said, no worries, I was gone for three days, and I've worked at least 14 hours every day for the past week.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #179 - Jan 27th, 2011 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
Hey gents, I'm waiting on a couple of replies, before I get the game rolling again. So I'll be sending out a group email, as a quick reminder to everyone that I'm wiating on their replies.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #180 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
New replies are up. I'm waiting on replies from Diesel and Slik (Dave said his is on the way).

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #181 - Feb 3rd, 2011 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
I uploaded a pic of Anvil to the NPC thread.

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #182 - Feb 4th, 2011 at 7:45am
Print Post  
Hey Dsummer, you might want to re-read Thunderbolt's last post and your intro of Anvil after Thunderbolt subdued the Bouncers.  Thunderbolt identified himself immediately to Anvil, and Anvil never asked who he was... so his saying, "I'll ask you again...", seems like something was missed in the translation... I don't know if you have the authority to  delete or edit a post you have made... but I'm not really sure how to answer in anyway that will not be impertinent or seem like Anvil is a moron.  I don't really want Thunderbolt to come across as a name-calling punk with too much power... he's more respectful, classy and professional than that.  Especially when its obvious the GM missed something in the last post.

Should I just ignore him and proceed on as if he didn't ask?
« Last Edit: Feb 4th, 2011 at 7:47am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #183 - Feb 4th, 2011 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt wrote on Feb 4th, 2011 at 7:45am:
Hey Dsummer, you might want to re-read Thunderbolt's last post and your intro of Anvil after Thunderbolt subdued the Bouncers.  Thunderbolt identified himself immediately to Anvil, and Anvil never asked who he was... so his saying, "I'll ask you again...", seems like something was missed in the translation... I don't know if you have the authority to  delete or edit a post you have made... but I'm not really sure how to answer in anyway that will not be impertinent or seem like Anvil is a moron.  I don't really want Thunderbolt to come across as a name-calling punk with too much power... he's more respectful, classy and professional than that.  Especially when its obvious the GM missed something in the last post.

Should I just ignore him and proceed on as if he didn't ask?

Hmmm....it's probably just me misreading your post. I'll check it when I get home tonight, as I can't view blogs form work. What do you think of the pic I posted?

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #184 - Feb 4th, 2011 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
The pic is awesome... just what I had in mind... Smiley

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #185 - Feb 4th, 2011 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt wrote on Feb 4th, 2011 at 7:00pm:
The pic is awesome... just what I had in mind... Smiley

Let's just say he can take a little more damage than the guys you've dealt with so far. Plus you should be running into some of your fellow players in the very near future, and you guys are going to need to work together to deal with groups, and their hired muscle, responsible for getting Boost out onto the streets or Empire City

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #186 - Feb 4th, 2011 at 11:40pm
Print Post  
More new replies are up, including a corrected reply to T-Bolt.

YIM  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #187 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
I thought I would post here instead of asking it on the Blog.

I am a little lost in the Machinist is from Hawk and Jack.  Can I see all that is happening through the window because they are in the room the window is attached to or they several rooms away.

Is Power Chord, Agent Woo, and the Machinist closest to Jack and Hawk or the cultists.

Is there any visual clues that he has seen so far that would suggest that Hawk and Jack can't handle these cultists?

Can we tell if these were idle cultists so the time pressure is still the same or has things changed because they are having to react to Jack and Hawk entering the house?

Can Machisit see the Wizard anywhere through the windows he is looking through?

Thanks

V&V character creation is too much fun.
                                     - Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM
http://vav-megalopolis-pbem.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #188 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Sorry for the confusion, I'll post exactly where everyone is located to clear up any confusion.  Embarrassed

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #189 - Feb 14th, 2011 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
QUick appology guys. I ment to post an update last night, got tied up, and completely forgot about it, so I'll take care of it as soon as I get home.  Embarrassed

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #190 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 12:40am
Print Post  
New replies are up. I'm waiting on replies from Diesel and Slik. I've started a new post "Into the Mouth of Darkness, and posted an update on everyone's location. Let me know if you've got any questions.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #191 - Feb 21st, 2011 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
I'll be posting updates later today, so be on the lookout.

YIM  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #192 - Feb 23rd, 2011 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Sorry for my lack of presence here on these boards. Things have been hectic. I am running a table top game once a month as well as a posting forum for the game. My wife was on vacation so I spent a good deal of time with her and the kids and to top it off, the water heater went out the day before her vacation started. Tax returns came back, and have spent a few days getting new furniture thanks for the patience

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #193 - Feb 24th, 2011 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Avatar wrote on Feb 23rd, 2011 at 2:18pm:
Sorry for my lack of presence here on these boards. Things have been hectic. I am running a table top game once a month as well as a posting forum for the game. My wife was on vacation so I spent a good deal of time with her and the kids and to top it off, the water heater went out the day before her vacation started. Tax returns came back, and have spent a few days getting new furniture thanks for the patience

No worries, reply when you can. I've been having some problems with my computer, for about a week now, so I'm running a little behind on things anyway.

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #194 - Feb 24th, 2011 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
Dsummer, I'm pretty much done with Thunderbolt's activities until; I get a prompt or somesuch.  Its approaching a year since I started and I'm still not with the rest of the party so I'll leave it to you to intro when its convenient. 

Got a question... I've never actually played a sit-down game of V&V so I'm unclear on how far I can go with electrical control - specifically its machine control abilities.  I do not want to post something and be told No you can't do that.  I'd rather not look stupid if avoidable! Smiley

I only have the Villains and Vigilantes - Superhero Role Play softback booklet written by Jeff Dee & Jack Herman, Illustrated by Jeff Dee from Fantasy Games Unlimited, Inc - copyright 1982... not even a ISBN number on it!

So if TB can control machines... is there no reason he cannot follow through with his - not lightly given threat to Mr. Leonetti's thug Anvil and plague Mr. Leonetti's electronic back records with irregularities that set off IRS auditing flags and just plain wipe, transfer or donate to charities the bulk of any 'official' wealth he has in any computer?  I'm talking about not only moving electronic wealth but canceling credit cards, filling up his credit record with bad mark labeling him a 'credit risk', suspending his driver's license, charging HUGE long-distance fees to his phone bills, disconecting his power as their records list him as late in his payments {thunderbolt does not care if Mr. Leonetti has phones or power turned off his electrical control makes reliance on such things unnecessary TB can provide power and connection himself} etc... all matter of electronic harassment and mischief that anyone who has ever had such problems knows is waaaay more troubling than just simple harassment.  If that does not get Mr. Leonetti's attention and make him take notice TB goes after his henchmen's records as well putting arrest warrants out for them electronically, wiping their bank accounts ...until the message is clearly understood... THUNDERBOLT will RUIN him if he does not STOP pushing Boost on the streets!!!

Thunderbolt will continue to knock over drug deals and shipments he gets ear of but its now a VERY personal war and he is widening the lines of the conflict to Mr. Leonetti and his cronies.

As far as I can tell there is no other power in the V&V rules that can do this... Mind Control is against characters or... sentient machines like A.I.s. 

I know there are a myriad or ways to have wealth that is not 'officially' on the books ...but the government watchdogs are looking for such 'backdoors' as well and most of them are shady at best and set off flags of IRS and Government agencies ...that I'm sure Mr. Leonetti will NOT want them looking at on any regular basis!  The point is to make the cost of 'doing business' so high that it is no longer profitable.

Is there any reason Thunderbolt cannot do this with the powers at his disposal?  I didn't want to go and post something like this if it was not within the scope of his abilities... its seems to be so in my opinion but you're more familiar with the game than me. 

Its just fine with me if we leave it at TB is making a REAL Hassle of himself to Mr. Leonetti and his cronies and they have a HUGE $2 Million bounty on his head - wanted D.E.A.D. in no terms mired in subtlety!
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2011 at 11:31pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #195 - Mar 1st, 2011 at 10:46am
Print Post  
OK, sorry for not posting much the past few days, as I've been swampped. I'll try to address any issues or questions later today.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #196 - Mar 4th, 2011 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
New replies are will be up today.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #197 - Mar 4th, 2011 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt wrote on Feb 24th, 2011 at 11:26pm:
So if TB can control machines... is there no reason he cannot follow through with his - not lightly given threat to Mr. Leonetti's thug Anvil and plague Mr. Leonetti's electronic back records with irregularities that set off IRS auditing flags and just plain wipe, transfer or donate to charities the bulk of any 'official' wealth he has in any computer?  I'm talking about not only moving electronic wealth but canceling credit cards, filling up his credit record with bad mark labeling him a 'credit risk', suspending his driver's license, charging HUGE long-distance fees to his phone bills, disconecting his power as their records list him as late in his payments {thunderbolt does not care if Mr. Leonetti has phones or power turned off his electrical control makes reliance on such things unnecessary TB can provide power and connection himself} etc... all matter of electronic harassment and mischief that anyone who has ever had such problems knows is waaaay more troubling than just simple harassment.  If that does not get Mr. Leonetti's attention and make him take notice TB goes after his henchmen's records as well putting arrest warrants out for them electronically, wiping their bank accounts ...until the message is clearly understood... THUNDERBOLT will RUIN him if he does not STOP pushing Boost on the streets!!!

Thunderbolt will continue to knock over drug deals and shipments he gets ear of but its now a VERY personal war and he is widening the lines of the conflict to Mr. Leonetti and his cronies.

As far as I can tell there is no other power in the V&V rules that can do this... Mind Control is against characters or... sentient machines like A.I.s. 

I know there are a myriad or ways to have wealth that is not 'officially' on the books ...but the government watchdogs are looking for such 'backdoors' as well and most of them are shady at best and set off flags of IRS and Government agencies ...that I'm sure Mr. Leonetti will NOT want them looking at on any regular basis!  The point is to make the cost of 'doing business' so high that it is no longer profitable.

Is there any reason Thunderbolt cannot do this with the powers at his disposal?  I didn't want to go and post something like this if it was not within the scope of his abilities... its seems to be so in my opinion but you're more familiar with the game than me. 

Its just fine with me if we leave it at TB is making a REAL Hassle of himself to Mr. Leonetti and his cronies and they have a HUGE $2 Million bounty on his head - wanted D.E.A.D. in no terms mired in subtlety!

Actually all of the above are good ideas, and I'll see how you can work it so it can be played out in the game, but I might take a bit, as I'm still a bit strapped for time. As far as meeting other supers, that's going to happen this weekend. You're going to be bumping into at least to other heroes who've been keeping an eye on Mr. Leonetti's activities.

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #198 - Mar 4th, 2011 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Sweet!

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #199 - Mar 4th, 2011 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
And new replies are up.

YIM  
IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #200 - Mar 4th, 2011 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
Sorry,

I dropped off for a while as well. I was busy preparing and running some Savage Worlds games at GenghisCon here in Denver.

I know I left hanging the action for my character, but I must say that I've never been (good at being) a "solo" player, and I'm certainly not very good at detective work, so it's hard to jump back into character.

I haven't even had a chance to go read the blogs recently, so I'm not sure if the story has advanced beyond where Diesel would be or not.

Just wanted to post a not to say that I hadn't completely disappeared, just being quiet and wondering if I could/should jump in again.

- Marc

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #201 - Mar 4th, 2011 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
Feel free to drop back in, as you've been in a holding pattern at the warehouse.

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #202 - Mar 5th, 2011 at 2:20am
Print Post  
Wow.  Nice prompt there for Thunderbolt Dsummer...will reply shortly!  Thanks!

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #203 - Mar 5th, 2011 at 2:48am
Print Post  
Thunderbolt wrote on Mar 5th, 2011 at 2:20am:
Wow.  Nice prompt there for Thunderbolt Dsummer...will reply shortly!  Thanks!

I figure I've got to throw you a bone every now and then.

YIM  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #204 - Mar 5th, 2011 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Wonderful storylines!  I am having a blast.

I do want to talk about the gadgeting power.  When we started the game you mentioned that you had just created the power and wanted to playtest it.  I having really enjoyed the playtesting but I am wanting to make sure I am testing it well enough.

I know I have not tried anything exotic yet. My goal is not to make power creation a requirement for the GM.  So I have been purposefully limited myself to a V&V device (powers list) or a real life item (tear gas, concussion, or stun) that is easy for the GM to create stats for.

Is this meeting what you are wanting to do with the playtesting?

In the playtesting I am finding that I like some gadgets so much, like the goggles, that I want to make them permanent and get them off my limit of 5 devices at a time.  I was thinking about using invention points to do this.

I know I used the invention point rules to create the comm devices but I was wondering if I could declare after the fact to make something permanent.

Right now the inventions I would want are:
1. Communication Devices (Protectors)
2. Goggles (LED readout display with connected computers)

Thanks
Tom

V&V character creation is too much fun.
                                     - Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM
http://vav-megalopolis-pbem.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #205 - Mar 14th, 2011 at 11:28am
Print Post  
New replies will be up later today.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #206 - Mar 14th, 2011 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
New Replies are up.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #207 - Mar 18th, 2011 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
I'll be posting updates later today, so be on the lookout for them.

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #208 - Mar 19th, 2011 at 8:12am
Print Post  
What? Nothing for us on 'A Night in Ecstasy'? Smiley

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #209 - Mar 19th, 2011 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt wrote on Mar 19th, 2011 at 8:12am:
What? Nothing for us on 'A Night in Ecstasy'? Smiley

I started updating, got side tracked, and then had to head out to work. I can't post on blogs, or check my personal email from work. I'll hit you guys up in a bit.

YIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Topic Tools

>