Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Empire City Protectors Blog (Read 78736 times)
dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Re: Empire City Protectors Blog
Reply #210 - Mar 19th, 2011 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
New replies are up gents.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #211 - Mar 20th, 2011 at 1:51am
Print Post  
Diesel is still waiting to see if he can whack one of the thugs before he gets his pistol out (unless I missed a reply, but I checked twice and couldn't find one.)

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #212 - Mar 20th, 2011 at 2:01am
Print Post  
Hmmm...I may have missed a reply, but I'll hit you off in the morning.

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

"Justice Like Lightning!"

Reply #213 - Mar 22nd, 2011 at 11:40am
Print Post  
Hey Dsummer... you gonna reply to Diesel?

Edit: Ulp!  I see you have...lol! My bad! Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2011 at 11:42am by Thunderbolt »  

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #214 - Mar 29th, 2011 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
I'll be updating the Blog on Wednesday evening, so be on the lookout for the updates.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #215 - Apr 9th, 2011 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
I'll be posting updates tonight.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #216 - Apr 10th, 2011 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
Hey gents, some new replies are up, but I'm waiting for a couple of specific responses, before I post what happens to some of you.

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #217 - Apr 11th, 2011 at 7:46am
Print Post  
Hey Dsummer... don't forget to reply to Diesel in ECPD Blue!

Also have you had a chance to look at Thunderbolt's/Shawn's sister ... Shockwave/Sarah?

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #218 - Apr 11th, 2011 at 11:45am
Print Post  
Thunderbolt wrote on Apr 11th, 2011 at 7:46am:
Hey Dsummer... don't forget to reply to Diesel in ECPD Blue!

Also have you had a chance to look at Thunderbolt's/Shawn's sister ... Shockwave/Sarah?

Yeah, but I'll shoot you an email about her when I get home tonight, as I forgot to do it last night. I'll also hit Diesel up.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #219 - Apr 11th, 2011 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
Even more replies are up, including my reply to Diesel. T-bolt check your email for info on Shockwave.

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #220 - Apr 12th, 2011 at 5:32am
Print Post  
Hey Dsummer... did you send a Private Message or an actual E-mail?  I have not received any mail about Shockwave?

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #221 - Apr 12th, 2011 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Apr 11th, 2011 at 10:46pm:
Even more replies are up, including my reply to Diesel.

Thanks!

Looks like I'm the last "orphan" to get pulled into main action, but I hope to be there soon!

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #222 - Apr 13th, 2011 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
Hey Dsummer's here is the history of how Thunderbolt met Kali.  I would have liked to choose a different female villainous interest but I do not own any other sources of V&V villains.

Anyways Kali is sort of hunting Thunderbolt as she knows he's in love with her.  Not because she necessarily wants him but because she knows she can get over on him... she knows he will not hurt her and will not likely try too hard to stop her from getting away should he run across her involved in a theft her modus-opporandi.  She is an art/artifact martial artist thief. 

Thunderbolt met her at martial arts tournament, it was a distraction she used to entertain herself while she was in town awaiting an auction that was taking place for some warrior-priestess Egyptian artifacts she planned to steal in Empire City.  Well they ended up spotting each other during the tournament and Shawn thought she was pretty and obviously highly skilled and he asked her out for lunch with him and his Master - Youn Pi Choy.  She had also seen his fighting prowess and was amused by the young handsome Thunderbolt in his secret ID - Shawn West and agreed.  Well Shawn's master Choy saw that he was the third wheel soon enough during the lunch and found an excuse to leave.  Shawn and Sheena spent the rest of the day together finding they had a lot in common and spent the night together.  For the next few days they saw each other on and off again - Sheena had originally no intention of staying in Empire City longer than it took for her to make her heist and leave but Shawn was a charming distraction.

As fate would have it the night she choose to make the heist Thunderbolt was out following up some street rumors that some big underworld dealers were in town for a art sale on a heist that was going down.  Well Thunderbolt was present for Kali’s attempted heist and the two battled furiously through the museum.  Thunderbolt …as usual was resistant to throw lightning at a woman martial artist and fought her Katana to katana trying to subdue her.  Kali realized she could hardly deal with his magnetic control abilities and changed tactics. She caught Thunderbolt off guard with a power blast from her power-chucks that breached his armor and burned his side in reaction his electric body triggered and burned her hands when he parried her Power-chucks with his conductive katana.  The power blast started a fire and knocked a heavy pillar on top of a security guard pinning him and endangering him with burning to death.  Thunderbolt chose to let her go and save the guard.  Her parting words were, “That’s what you get tough guy for hurting a woman!”

Thunderbolt retorted back, “You’d be surprised what you could survive!”

Kali lost her opportunity to steal the objects that evening as with Thunderbolt’s interference the Museum beefed up their security so she decided to steal the objects at the auction right after the sale where there would be a lot of cover she could use to make good her escape by causing a panic.

As it turns out it was a black tie kind of gala fund raiser for charity all the sales going to various relief charities.  Again as fate would have it Shawn’s master Youn Pi Choy was friends with one of the Asian art collectors and bidders for the Egyptian artifacts.  Shawn was pretty sure Kali would try again for the objects and learned his master would be attending the art sale with his friend Cuong Dinh and convinced his master to take him to the party and auction.

While there dressed in a suit and tie Shawn met Sheena also dressed in a slinky red dress and matching long arm gloves.  At first they thought it was fortunate coincidence.  As the gala spun up Sheena dragged Shawn to the dance floor for a final dance figuring she would have plenty of time before the auction was over to get her goods.  Shawn took her hand in his and she flinched from her covered burns from his electric body at the same time she wrapped an arm around his waist to pull him close – right on the spot her power-chucks had scored a hit with her power blast he also flinched. 

Sheena commented, “Ouch! Gentle tough guy I burned my hand cooking breakfast!”

Shawn replied, “Ehh! Go easy yourself tigress… I pulled a muscle in the gym this morning…”

Smiling Sheena commented, “Awe, poor baby!  That’s what you get tough guy for hurting a woman!”

Not missing a beat Shawn retorted before he realized what he was saying, “Well sweety - you’d be amazed at what you could live through~!!!”

It was at that moment they both looked each other in the eyes…shocked and suddenly realizing who each other was!

In a very Batman – Catwoman moment Sheena said, “Can we finish our dance darling before we start fighting?”

Shawn was too shocked to say anything other than, “Uh… ok honey.”

They held each other close unsure what to do and not really wanting to fight…

But the decision was taken from them as apparently the local mob in the city had their own plan for a heist as armed masked men in suits stormed the gala with guns and began robbing everyone and taking the art themselves by force!

Shawn and Sheena looked each other in the eyes and parted each to get into their costume to deal with the attacking thugs.

Shortly Thunderbolt and Kali tore into the thugs each for their own reasons but still they fought side by side not wanting to think about what would happen once the thugs were subdued.

As fate would have it they got separated in the fight and each had to deal with the thugs in their own way.
When the fight was over Thunderbolt was seeing to the innocent bystanders getting them safely away.

Thunderbolt and Kali meat one last time as he re-entered the museum to make sure he got all the thugs.  Kali had a collected a piece or two of art she was stealing and Thunderbolt confronted her, “Don’t do this Sheena!”

She smiled,”Do what Shawn?  The museum already has the cash for this from the auction… I’m just turning it over to a new owner… for a not-so-small fee!”

Shawn felt his heart breaking, “Don’t make me do this… what about … us?”

She paused, “Don’t worry lover… I’ll be in touch!”

Sheena blew him a kiss and winked then slipped through a sky light and made good her escape in the confusion… 

Shawn didn’t have the heart to stop her.
« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2011 at 10:53pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #223 - Apr 18th, 2011 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
I'll be posting updates later tonight, as well as wrapping up the little adventure with Set.

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #224 - Apr 23rd, 2011 at 9:26am
Print Post  
Hey Dsummer are we going to get a post sometime soon, its been two weeks since we got a post?

Any comment about my 'When Shawn/Thunderbolt met Sheena/Kali...'?

« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2011 at 9:29am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #225 - Apr 23rd, 2011 at 11:58am
Print Post  
As long as nothing comes up (Real life keeps getting in the way lately), I'll be updating you guys tonight, or early tomorrow morning.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #226 - Apr 24th, 2011 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
New replies are up.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #227 - Apr 27th, 2011 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
New replies should be up by the AM.

YIM  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #228 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
Dom,
  Before I reply I have a question that needs verification. When you say the villain 'shuts down' my helmet,does that mean just the gaze power or the whole thing? If the second I would be blind without radio and vision and would require a different reply than if i can still 'see' Thanks

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #229 - Apr 29th, 2011 at 10:55am
Print Post  
Avatar wrote on Apr 28th, 2011 at 10:47pm:
Dom,
  Before I reply I have a question that needs verification. When you say the villain 'shuts down' my helmet,does that mean just the gaze power or the whole thing? If the second I would be blind without radio and vision and would require a different reply than if i can still 'see' Thanks

Your gaze shuts off, almost like it "somehow" blew a fuse, or something similar.  Wink

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #230 - May 2nd, 2011 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
I'll be posting several updates later this evening, and early tomorrow morning. Also, once all of the fights are finished up, you guys will be getting a few days of "down time" (in game time) to get yourselves together. So feel free to continue with the various sidebars. But, I do need you guys to figure out amongst yourselves which of these little mysteries you'd like to check out, as you can't be everywhere at once. Also, I'll be updating character sheets, and adding an NPC dependent of T-bolt to the NPC page.

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #231 - May 3rd, 2011 at 6:07am
Print Post  
Not to be difficult but I think RONIN will investigate the falling Meteorites, as until Thunderbolt gets some additional reason to suspect the case is something more than a 'simple' homicide... he'll let the "boys in Blue...", the ECPD handle it. 

His dad being an ex-cop Shawn has a lot of respect for the police and as superhero really only feels he needs to tackle the stuff they are out of their league in dealing with. 

Butting into their mundane investigations all the time is a good way to really annoy them as opposed to gain their respect and trust. 

At least that's how he sees it for now...
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2011 at 6:07am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #232 - May 3rd, 2011 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Hey, dsumner

Do you need anything out of me for the Machinist?

I think I have posted enough to for this turn.  If you need more let me know.

Thanks

V&V character creation is too much fun.
                                     - Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM
http://vav-megalopolis-pbem.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #233 - May 3rd, 2011 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
OK gents, I was in the middle of posting updates when Firefox crashed on me. It's back up and running now, but it's running slow. I should have all the updates up before dinner time though.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #234 - May 3rd, 2011 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Replies are up, and I'm going to be uploading a new NPC in a few.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #235 - May 3rd, 2011 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
OK gents, I shot out a bunch of response today. If I've lost anyone, please let me know, and I'll see what I can do about clearing up the confusion.

YIM  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #236 - May 7th, 2011 at 9:31am
Print Post  
I love reading about Slik and his inner monologue. It put's me in mind of the Creeper. Was that intentional?

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #237 - May 7th, 2011 at 9:49am
Print Post  
@Avatar: I will respond to your Craig post sometime today...got busy! Smiley

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #238 - May 7th, 2011 at 11:05pm
Print Post  
Avatar wrote on May 7th, 2011 at 9:31am:
I love reading about Slik and his inner monologue. It put's me in mind of the Creeper. Was that intentional?

Thats really cool - I thought of Rorschac from Watchers but the instant I read the Creeper it felt even closer. Of course I'm biased as a child of the 70's and 80's Smiley

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #239 - May 8th, 2011 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
OK gents, some new replies are up. But, I'm going to be out of town for the next three weeks, so until then, you guys should talk amongst yourselves, and work out how you want to run things. In game time you'll have just over a week of "down time" (as in no major events happening) before you start seeing the news reports. Once you guys have figured out what your plans are, feel free to start posting to the two new posts in the blog. If I can get a decent internet hook up, I'll chime in, if not, I'll update everything when I get back.

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #240 - May 24th, 2011 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Is there something wrong with the Google blogger?  I keep trying to sighn in but it does not seem to be accepting my password...but I can log into google mail just fine?

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #241 - May 27th, 2011 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
OK gents I'm back home, once I read through all the posts, I'll post updates.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #242 - May 29th, 2011 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
New replies are up, as well as a few tidbits of news.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #243 - May 30th, 2011 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
More replies are up, as well as the start of two new adventures.

YIM  
IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #244 - Jun 3rd, 2011 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
Hey all, I won't have e-mail access until at least Jun 12, so don't wait for me.

Diesel is pretty easy going and he'll go along with what others want to do (within reason).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 
Topic Tools

>