Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) New freebie on the FGU site (Read 18127 times)
Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: New freebie on the FGU site
Reply #105 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Amen to that, Thunderbolt!  One of the coolest things about Darren Tenor/Ramble's adventures and work is the way he ties so many things into the larger V&V universe.  Cool

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #106 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 at 3:17pm:
Hmmm.. I think I will want to purchase this "Danger in the Depths" and read it closely before I write anything.  I don't want to contradict ...and I could use some elements of that adventure in mine.  I like a cohesive Universe.

You haven't purchased it yet?!?!  Don't forget Danger in the Depths part two!

Also, Assassin, Organized Crimes and Pre-Emptive Strike all have underwater rules or guidelines.

IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #107 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 5:28am
Print Post  
Majestic wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 at 3:54pm:
Amen to that, Thunderbolt!  One of the coolest things about Darren Tenor/Ramble's adventures and work is the way he ties so many things into the larger V&V universe.  Cool

Smiley

Hey Majestic. I'm glad you like my work. I'm trying to bring things closer together, find those links in plot, character, and logic, because it just makes for better material to play with.

I hope that, as time goes on and I create more books, you'll look back on Mercenaries and Signs of the Zodiac, and go... "Holy crap... he was foreshadowing work that didn't get out until 2014!"

(And I do create new material, but to pretend that old material doesn't have an impact on the world is simply a disservice to past writers, IMHO.)

Ramble

IP Logged

PulpCitizen
Avenger

I Love V&V!

Reply #108 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Majestic wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 3:45pm:
As always, he looks amazing!  Cool

I think AlabasterKnight did a brilliant job on Dark Cougar and so i am pleased to see this out (probably sooner than I expected).

Leon.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #109 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Yes, he looks really, really cool.  Great work on him, Leon (and James)!!!  Cool

IP Logged

PulpCitizen
Avenger

I Love V&V!

Reply #110 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 8:09am
Print Post  
Majestic wrote on Oct 6th, 2012 at 8:00pm:
Yes, he looks really, really cool.  Great work on him, Leon (and James)!!!  Cool

Thanks Majestic, much appreciated. I really wanted to create a small package of stuff with plot hooks, value-added material in the mythology bit and even the character creation option.

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

"Justice Like Lightning!"

Reply #111 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 9:42am
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 at 10:25pm:
As requested, here's some Torpedo stats.

Torpedo: +5 to hit, 2d20 damage, blast radius: 5" (8" in water), with a maximum range in water of 500".

Oh... I found 'alternate' stats for Torpedoes in "From the Depths of Space", Part 2 - B. SPACESHIPS, under Battles in Space...

Torpedo = Battle Range 60" inches/turn, Damage: 4d20, Attack: HTH +5

* Torpedoes can track targets. They last for three turns after launch, travel 60" inches per turn on the battle board, have an Agility of 15 and turn up to 60^ degrees per action.  They have a structural rating of 10 and can take 20 hits before blowing up.

...Just thought you'd all like to know!  Though those could be considered 'space weapons' and not conventional Naval Torpedoes.

{Deep Rising}, Pantucci - "...They're not nuclear or anything but their bang will sure make your butt pucker..."
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2012 at 9:45am by Thunderbolt »  

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Reply #112 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Thunderbolt wrote on Oct 12th, 2012 at 9:42am:
Oh... I found 'alternate' stats for Torpedoes in "From the Depths of Space", Part 2 - B. SPACESHIPS, under Battles in Space...

Torpedo = Battle Range 60" inches/turn, Damage: 4d20, Attack: HTH +5

* Torpedoes can track targets. They last for three turns after launch, travel 60" inches per turn on the battle board, have an Agility of 15 and turn up to 60^ degrees per action.  They have a structural rating of 10 and can take 20 hits before blowing up.

...Just thought you'd all like to know!  Though those could be considered 'space weapons' and not conventional Naval Torpedoes.

{Deep Rising}, Pantucci - "...They're not nuclear or anything but their bang will sure make your butt pucker..."

Thanks for posting this. I knew I had seen torpedo stats somewhere in the classic material but couldn't place where they appeared.

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #113 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Have you ran this adventure, Thunderbolt?  Thoughts?

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

"Justice Like Lightning!"

Reply #114 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Display Name wrote on Oct 12th, 2012 at 12:50pm:
Have you ran this adventure, Thunderbolt?  Thoughts?

I love it.  Well structured and written.  I have not run it yet..but I'm working on that now.

I especially like the Galactic Gazetteer of the collection of worlds.  Would have liked a few more but 'meh' I understand.  I also.. just out of curiosity would have liked to see the stats for "Zephyr" an "Nebula"... but that's just me.  Smiley

Perhaps a little more detail as to the motivation of "Lady 7" and her history. A color picture of her would have been nice as well.. lol! Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2012 at 2:27pm by Thunderbolt »  

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #115 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
I would've liked to have seen several more maps:

1) player maps, player maps, player maps
2) staging maps (force field generator locations, prisoner locations, etc)
3) staging maps for other planets (docking areas, government buildings, prisons, etc)

The Capellan mother ship map duplicated some of the floor plans from level to level (which is fine), but the maps have areas that shouldn't be duplicated from one level to the next (like airlocks, for instance).

There's no consolidated timeline of events.  You just have to read the entire part 1 section and wing it.  Not every GM is a combat engineer.

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of suggestions for how the players can resolve part two.  The Capellans are no joke when you consider their capabilities as a race.

I like the notes on space travel, and I like the artwork.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Topic Tools

>