Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) New freebie on the FGU site (Read 18124 times)
polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Re: New freebie on the FGU site
Reply #70 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
It looks like the duration of his Willpower was lengthened from training to PR = 1 per hour instead of PR = 1 per turn.

I get 88 for his Power Points, 74" for ground movement, and 154" for swimming -- but maybe there's a reason these scores are lower than usual.
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2012 at 11:49pm by polarboy »  

IP Logged

polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Reply #71 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
Also, if Hit Mods.:13.794 and his Basic Hits are 5, then I get approx. 69 Hit Points instead of 63.

Maybe he has a weakness that reduces his Power, Movement, and Hit Points. I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2012 at 11:49pm by polarboy »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #72 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
The boat and crew members are just extra counters for use in the game.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #73 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
I think I'm just going to have PB start checking over all of my stuff before I post it.  Embarrassed  But, other than the math mistakes, what do you guys think?

And before I forget, I've got to thank both Joe Singleton for a great looking sketch, and James Bishop for an awesome job at coloring, and layout. They both took what I gave them for descriptions, and ran with it.
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2012 at 12:06am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #74 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 2:26am
Print Post  
Yeah, polarboy & Bill Kropp are good for checking math.  Or you can use Ypsilanti's spreadsheet.  There are several grammatical errors, too.  I wouldn't sweat it, though.  Your ideas are your strength.

1) The Prejudice says "see below".  Is there further information regarding this weakness, or is it simply pointing the reader to the reaction modifiers?

2) What kind of vessels fire torpedoes?  I'm pretty sure submarines do.  Is there anything else that fires them?

3) Are there stats for the torpedoes anywhere?  Rate of fire, range, accuracy, speed, & damage?

I like the anti-hero concept and the fact that the players won't know quite what to expect from him each time they encounter him.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #75 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 2:42am
Print Post  
Looks awesome!  Joe's art is amazing, and James did a great job with the coloring!  Cool

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #76 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 3:20am
Print Post  
Display Name wrote on Sep 28th, 2012 at 2:26am:
Yeah, polarboy & Bill Kropp are good for checking math.  Or you can use Ypsilanti's spreadsheet.  There are several grammatical errors, too.  I wouldn't sweat it, though.  Your ideas are your strength.

That's why when I used to write magazine articles, I had my editor look over any, and everything I wrote.

1) The Prejudice says "see below".  Is there further information regarding this weakness, or is it simply pointing the reader to the reaction modifiers?

It's a reference to his reaction mods.

2) What kind of vessels fire torpedoes?  I'm pretty sure submarines do.  Is there anything else that fires them?

Any sea vessel  or aircraft, that's been properly equipped can fire them. They've been mounted on submarines, ships, boats, helicopters, and fixed wing aircraft.

3) Are there stats for the torpedoes anywhere?  Rate of fire, range, accuracy, speed, & damage?

Since so many people have asked for stats, I'll go back through the various modules/supplements and see if some have already been published. If not, I'll see about whipping up some rules for them.

I like the anti-hero concept and the fact that the players won't know quite what to expect from him each time they encounter him.

I'll see about whipping up some plot seeds for him as an extra added bonus.

« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2012 at 3:20am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #77 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 10:13am
Print Post  
OK gents, I've got the corrected version of Sea Devil completed. I'll shoot that off to AK, and hopefully get it posted early next week.

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

"Justice Like Lightning!"

Reply #78 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 10:40am
Print Post  
Good Stuff Dom.. nice work!

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #79 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
When I send James the corrections, I'll also be including a couple of plot seeds, and some rules for torpedoes.

YIM  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #80 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Bill Kropp wrote on Aug 1st, 2012 at 12:59am:
Ranger: while the anime and manga heroes of recent years do illustrate your point well, what i think of as "the classic heroes" (roughly 25 years old) of anime are psychologically closer due in part to the give and take between Samurai and Old West genres

Yes the stories are good, I just have issues with the style of art (i.e. I want my humans to look like real humans No Big Eyes small mouth. Do you guys know any people who look like that?)

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #81 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Avatar wrote on Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:59pm:
Ranger: while the anime and manga heroes of recent years do illustrate your point well, what i think of as "the classic heroes" (roughly 25 years old) of anime are psychologically closer due in part to the give and take between Samurai and Old West genres

Yes the stories are good, I just have issues with the style of art (i.e. I want my humans to look like real humans No Big Eyes small mouth. Do you guys know any people who look like that?)

Well, to be honest, how many of you know people more than a few people that look like the superheroes depicted in comics? Seriously, everyone, and I mean everyone, is a fashion model attractive physical specimen. The males are all square jawed, and cut like Mr. Universe while all the women all look like Barbie, after she's had breast enhancement surgery.

YIM  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #82 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Sep 28th, 2012 at 2:05pm:
Avatar wrote on Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:59pm:

Well, to be honest, how many of you know people more than a few people that look like the superheroes depicted in comics? Seriously, everyone, and I mean everyone, is a fashion model attractive physical specimen. The males are all square jawed, and cut like Mr. Universe while all the women all look like Barbie, after she's had breast enhancement surgery. 

True very true but I still prefer the more human look. I have had this discussion with friends for years. For example I love Alex Ross's style of work most of my comic book friends don't

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #83 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
I too am not crazy about the "big eyes, small mouth" syndrome (and love Alex Ross).  But I like some art that can be a bit "cartoonish" (like Dee and Willingham), and I really like Joe Singleton's stuff, too.

My one question with this character is regarding halving the darkness penalties.  What exactly does this mean (since darkness in V&V doesn't really have numerical penalties)?

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #84 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
I like Dee's early stuff.  Haven't seen any recent stuff (the D&D stuff doesn't count).

IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #85 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 2:48am
Print Post  
Haven't looked at your stuff yet, but...

1) Congrats!!
2) You could use something like the mini-torpedoes that I built for Cancer in Signs of the Zodiac...

Mini-torpedoes: +4 to hit, 3d6 damage, blast radius:3" (5" in water), with a maximum range in water of 80". Cancer could use them out of water and manually trigger them like a larger payload grenade.

Not saying you have to use them, but if you're looking for published examples...

3) Yeah, always edit your stuff... and even THEN I've seen errors slip through the cracks.  Wink

Ramble

IP Logged

PulpCitizen
Avenger

I Love V&V!

Reply #86 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 11:42am
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Sep 27th, 2012 at 11:53pm:
I think I'm just going to have PB start checking over all of my stuff before I post it.  Embarrassed  But, other than the math mistakes, what do you guys think?

And before I forget, I've got to thank both Joe Singleton for a great looking sketch, and James Bishop for an awesome job at coloring, and layout. They both took what I gave them for descriptions, and ran with it.

Mathematical issues aside, and hey, they really are secondary to a well-realized character, I think it is a great contribution Dom.  Smiley

I can pretty much guarantee that Sea Devil will show up in my own campaign as soon as I get to it.

Kudos to all involved: Dom for writing and concept; Joe Singleton for realizing that concept; and James Bishop for putting these packages together with a nice finish and added value materials in the form of counters that can be used in a variety of scenarios/encounters.
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2012 at 11:42am by PulpCitizen »  

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #87 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
PulpCitizen wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 at 11:42am:

Mathematical issues aside, and hey, they really are secondary to a well-realized character, I think it is a great contribution Dom.  Smiley

I can pretty much guarantee that Sea Devil will show up in my own campaign as soon as I get to it.

Kudos to all involved: Dom for writing and concept; Joe Singleton for realizing that concept; and James Bishop for putting these packages together with a nice finish and added value materials in the form of counters that can be used in a variety of scenarios/encounters.

There's another one that I will finish working on after my shower (just got back from camping) and email the proof to a certain Author for a final look before I post it...

If it's not fun, we're not doing it right.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #88 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Okay, I shot James a list of corrections to Sea Devil. I'm working up some Torpedo stats, and at least to Plot Seeds, which I'll post here, within the next few days.

YIM  
IP Logged

PulpCitizen
Avenger

I Love V&V!

Reply #89 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
AlabasterKnight wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 at 5:15pm:
PulpCitizen wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 at 11:42am:

There's another one that I will finish working on after my shower (just got back from camping) and email the proof to a certain Author for a final look before I post it...

I am sure that the author will be pleased...  Wink
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2012 at 5:46pm by PulpCitizen »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #90 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
As requested, here's some Torpedo stats.

Torpedo: +5 to hit, 2d20 damage, blast radius: 5" (8" in water), with a maximum range in water of 500".

YIM  
IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #91 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 at 5:32pm:
Okay, I shot James a list of corrections to Sea Devil. I'm working up some Torpedo stats, and at least to Plot Seeds, which I'll post here, within the next few days.

The corrected version is posted.

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #92 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 11:30pm
Print Post  
Why does the torpedo have an increased blast radius in water?

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #93 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 at 10:25pm:
As requested, here's some Torpedo stats.

Torpedo: +5 to hit, 2d20 damage, blast radius: 5" (8" in water), with a maximum range in water of 500".

Added 'Torpedoes' to the "Guns, Gadgets and Devices - Dsummer", PDF and uploaded to thread.

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #94 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 2:08am
Print Post  
Display Name wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 at 11:30pm:

To simulate explosives underwater and pressure waves. In my game we give a 50% bump to the radius of torpedoes and similar explosives thanks to pressure waves. It's not as good as a sonic attack (which get double the range that it would on the surface), but it's still an improvement. It's also good for fishing...

(That said, if you don't like the rule, disregard it.)

Ramble

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #95 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 3:20am
Print Post  
AlabasterKnight wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 at 10:44pm:
dsumner wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 at 5:32pm:

The corrected version is posted.

Thanks AK, much appreciated. Also, thanks to everyone who caught a mistake. You guys are why I hang around this place. Also, I might go back and make a slight mod to Torpedo rules, adding a speed that they travel at.
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2012 at 3:29am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #96 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 8:17am
Print Post  
Ramble wrote on Oct 2nd, 2012 at 2:08am:
Display Name wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 at 11:30pm:

To simulate explosives underwater and pressure waves. In my game we give a 50% bump to the radius of torpedoes and similar explosives thanks to pressure waves. It's not as good as a sonic attack (which get double the range that it would on the surface), but it's still an improvement. It's also good for fishing...

(That said, if you don't like the rule, disregard it.)

Ramble

I'm just getting clarification.  I didn't realize an underwater concussion was stronger/further.

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #97 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 8:24am
Print Post  
Sound and force explosions or effects travel and are transmitted better through a dense medium... well through a medium denser than air.

Water is especially a interesting medium as a fluid it is malleable but as a substance it does not compress well at all so it transmits force very efficiently... hence Tsunamis. A underwater earthquake shifting the sea floor depth or height by only a couple meters can cause a wave effects 10fs of feet high that do not subside but build the further they move!
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2012 at 8:25am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #98 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Thunderbolt wrote on Oct 2nd, 2012 at 8:24am:
I can't wait to write an adventure for V&V about an underwater disaster!

Cool!  When will we see it?

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #99 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Display Name wrote on Oct 2nd, 2012 at 10:35am:
Thunderbolt wrote on Oct 2nd, 2012 at 8:24am:
I can't wait to write an adventure for V&V about an underwater disaster!

Cool!  When will we see it?

LOL. Well.. I'll need to wait for the three V&V products I just ordered to arrive... so I can have some additional material to look at about the V&V system instead of just the 'Revised' V&V Rules booklet, but I'll consider it...

I never do anything half-assed...so it will be epic.

Hmmm... I think I'll do an Atlantis Adventure..unless some material on that has already been done?
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2012 at 11:05am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #100 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt wrote on Oct 2nd, 2012 at 11:02am:
Hmmm... I think I'll do an Atlantis Adventure..unless some material on that has already been done?

Atlantis makes an appearance in the upcoming Final Fight with the Furies which is now going through the final production stages (maps and editing).
Danger in the Depths covers undersea kingdoms pretty well...
but an undersea disaster could be really fun.
I also would love to see your stuff. Smiley

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #101 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
Free Villain Bonus #7, DARK COUGAR by Leon Mallett is now posted on the FGU web site.

http://www.fantasygamesunlimited.net/page7.html

Enjoy! Smiley

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #102 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
As always, he looks amazing!  Cool

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #103 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Sep 27th, 2012 at 11:52pm:
are just extra counters for use in the game

I can never bring myself to not include something of a full countersheet. Dark Cougar also contains some extra counters for possible use in a scenario that may involve him.
More resources for the gamers.... Smiley

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #104 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
AlabasterKnight wrote on Oct 2nd, 2012 at 2:55pm:
Thunderbolt wrote on Oct 2nd, 2012 at 11:02am:

Atlantis makes an appearance in the upcoming Final Fight with the Furies which is now going through the final production stages (maps and editing).
Danger in the Depths covers undersea kingdoms pretty well...
but an undersea disaster could be really fun.
I also would love to see your stuff. Smiley

Hmmm.. I think I will want to purchase this "Danger in the Depths" and read it closely before I write anything.  I don't want to contradict ...and I could use some elements of that adventure in mine.  I like a cohesive Universe.

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Topic Tools

>