Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Topic Tools
Locked Topic The Protectors, Vol. 2, Issue 1: When we last left our heroes (Read 34377 times)
Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

"Justice Like Lightning!"

Re: The Protectors, Vol. 2, Issue 1: When we last left our heroes
Reply #105 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 6:39pm

Thunderbolt beamed at Rampart's praise of his teammate, Diesel's, workmanship and Genius.  He agreed whole-heartedly that the Diesel suit was a wonder... but far less a wonder than the man inside who designed and built it!

{Ok.  Maybe this Rampart guy is not so bad after all!}

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #106 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 4:09pm

GM to Rampart: Agent Woo Responds: “I’ll see what I can do.” Her phone pings, she glances down, and takes a look, and informs you. “Looks like your ride is just arrived at the airport, and it should be ready by the time you get there.

Let me know how you guys want to handle the teleport to the airport, before I post my next reply.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #107 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 4:52pm

Hammer wrote on Aug 8th, 2012 at 12:42am:
Power Chord bids their hosts farewell, and leads the group outside where he will create a Teleport portal to the tarmac of Empire City's Airport.  Having grown up in Empire City he’s familiar with the surrounding area.

OOC: let's try this again.

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #108 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 5:12pm

GM to the group at BSI: Power Chord leads the team to an out of the way spot, on the roof of the BSI parking garage, where after taking a moment to prepare himself, he begins to twist time and space around him.

The team is instantaneously transported to a secure section Empire City International Airport. After taking a moment the group spots a familiar figure, that of the enigmatic Mr. Smith, as he impatiently puffs on a cigarette.

Before anyone on the team can speak to him, you see him look at his cell phone, and he begins to scan the area, and notices you. When he does, a smile graces his face. It's not a happy smile, but more that of the sly fox, and he gestures for you to join him.

As you approach, he speaks.

"Gentlemen, I'm so glad you could make it. I've arranged a little surprise for you, something I hope you will like, and it should be arriving just about....now."

Fwooosh.....the sound of jet engines race over your head, as you finally see it.

"Gentlemen, feast your eyes on...The Thunder Wing.

Actions?
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2012 at 5:14pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #109 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 5:48pm

Thunderbolt follows Power Chord to the roof and very closely watches his preparation - straining his magnetic senses to detect ...well anything at all of the time/space bending he is about to perform!  All to no avail... nothing not so much as a increased magnetic field.

One moment they are on top of the downtown BSI Building... the next miles away.

Thunderbolt grimaces, {Yep.  PFM!  'Pure Freaking Magic...'}

Just to be sure he looks around breaths deeply, {Hmmm... no residual inertia from orbital rotation, no noticeable temperature differences or thermal shock, No pressure changes 'ears didn't pop', and no disorientation of balance on arrival.  Some kind of castling effect or did he actually bend space/time making here the same as where we were a moment ago?  A wormhole in space/time?  Perhaps the teleport was not far enough sidereally... for us to notice a inertia or thermal shift...?}

Lost in thought his eyes take in Agent Smith as he approaches, an errant thought and first impression, {...this guy is cocky.  I hope not too cocky for his and our own good ...}

Then Thunderbolt looks up actually surprised at the whine of engines {I did not sense its arrival!?!  Could it be stealthed?}

The young meta smiles broadly under his mask commenting, "Heh.  I like the name!"
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2012 at 5:52pm by Thunderbolt »  

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #110 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 10:00pm

Thunderbolt wrote on Aug 11th, 2012 at 5:48pm:
The young meta smiles broadly under his mask commenting, "Heh.  I like the name!"

It looks like we're going to be the Thunder Agents... say, haven't I heard that somewhere before.  Wink
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2012 at 10:00pm by Hammer »  

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #111 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 11:01pm

Has gone up and down the list of tattoo parlors. Looked in windows and roughed up inkers everywhere. No luck. He crouches on a church roof. Faces and answers running through his memory. The beep of his comm unit comes on."Hate to say it man, you can't solve everything with your fists. Maybe we should see if ECPD would be willing to share notes"

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #112 - Aug 12th, 2012 at 12:38am

Hammer wrote on Aug 11th, 2012 at 10:00pm:
It looks like we're going to be the Thunder Agents.

I am not wearing matching uniforms.

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #113 - Aug 12th, 2012 at 11:51am

Guys, I forgot about Rampart's vulnerability to teleports, but no worries, as I've got a quick fix that might play into some stuff later.

GM to the group at the airport: Moments after your arrival, things seem to be fine, when a wave of nausea sweeps suddenly over Rampart. His head begins to spin,his hands tremble. Unable to speak, he feels as though he's about to pass out. Then to his horror, he begins to "fade", his hands becoming intangible.

Actions?

YIM  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #114 - Aug 12th, 2012 at 3:20pm

Barf!!!

The same wave of queasiness that struck Jason down the day of his return, rode through his body again. Gritting his teeth gasping for breath, ... it's the same sick feeling I had on the tarmac months ago. But not all is the same as the day of his return.

This time a dark fog starts to cloud his vision and the sounds of the airport go still. Looking down at his always steady hands, Rampart sees his fingers tremble and suddenly, to his amazement, they take a ghost-like appearance. What the hell!
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2012 at 3:29pm by Ranger »  

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #115 - Aug 12th, 2012 at 4:41pm

Thunderbolt turns to see Rampart's sudden sickness, {No side-effects? Maybe that is a premature assessment?}

"Is anybody else feeling nauseate~ed...!?!?"

His words end in utter shock...as he notices Rampart become translucent. 

"Uh, Power Chord... you got a spell in there to do something about ...whatever this side-effect is doing to Rampart?"

Thinking rapidly, {If he is dispersing on a molecular level... that could mean his electron bonds are somehow loosing cohesion.  But wouldn't that just kill him as the matter of his body no longer interacted with our 3-dimensional space?  How could he breath or survive the lack of atmospheric protection from UV and radiation cellular damage... let alone the delicate balance of cellular molecular respiration or bio-chemical reactions that make him alive still work?  I could send a charge of electricity through him and then control the current with magnetics to possibly strenghten his molecular-bonds... but... I'd just as likely kill him with that much current going through him!  STUPID IDEA...!  I'm clueless here... again my powers are only useful for hurting and not... really helping.  Hope someone else has an idea... Diesel perhaps.. he's the genius!}
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2012 at 5:00pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #116 - Aug 12th, 2012 at 9:18pm

Looking on with horror, Machinist acts without really thinking. He points his scanner at Rampart. Hoping against the odds that it might tell him something useful.

Something he could create a gadget for or inform the others so they could help him.
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2012 at 9:19pm by The Cougar »  

V&V character creation is too much fun.
                                     - Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM
http://vav-megalopolis-pbem.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #117 - Aug 13th, 2012 at 10:23am

"Uh, Power Chord... you got a spell in there to do something about ...whatever this side-effect is doing to Rampart?"

At Thunderbolts words, Power Chord spins to see Rampart fading, he's never seen anything like this.  He casts Detect Magic to see if he can determine what is causing this. 

OOC: I'm sure he'd be in disbelief as he's done this hundreds of times, and no one has ever had any ill effects... It couldn't be his spell that caused this... Could it?
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2012 at 10:23am by Hammer »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #118 - Aug 20th, 2012 at 12:04pm

GM Replies

GM to T-Bolt: Your senses go wild as Rampart begins to fade out.  Something is definitely wrong, you can feel the spikes in the electromagnetic spectrum. It almost feels like something is "pulling" him away.

GM to the Machinist: Your scanner goes wild, with readings that are off the chart. You've never seen readings like these, and aren't sure what to make of them.

GM to Power Chord: Your spell detects no magic, as it's not at work here.

GM to Rampart: And just as fast as the mysterious affects began, they begin to fade. As you begin to solidify, the nausea and disorientation begin to subside. 

Mr. Smith to the group: "What the hell just happened here? I want some answers people, and I want them NOW!"

Actions?

YIM  
IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #119 - Aug 20th, 2012 at 1:56pm

"This was not magical in nature.  I've never seen anything like it in my experience."

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #120 - Aug 20th, 2012 at 3:21pm

Thunderbolt ignores Mr. Smith's demands and steps to Rampart's side... ready to catch him should his reeling turn into a full stumble and fall...

"Hey, hey fella... uh Mr. Rampart... you ok?"

Turning to respond to Power Chord..

"Not magic huh?  Ok, from the patterns I'm feeling in the EM Spectrum around him, I'm not so sure that's a comfort though... I wish it was magic... what I'm sensing is really odd.  Some kind of electromagnetic shift ... on what I can only guess is a quantum level!  Rampart was being 'pulled' somewhere else... briefly.  Whatever effect your instant space shifting teleport magic did it seems to have temporarily lessened Rampart's... uh... link{?} to reality here and now causing what might be a quantum shift between where he is now and where-ever he is linked to.  Where-ever that might be.  Not local I'd guess.  I wonder how he got such a link or lost his link to his physical location in 3D space?  How is that possible?"

Looking back to Rampart, "You might not want to do that teleport thing again until one of the REAL Geniuses here gets a chance to do some wide-spectrum analysis of you body's molecular and electromagnetic constants, Mr. Rampart."
« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2012 at 3:22pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #121 - Aug 20th, 2012 at 6:12pm

"What the hell just happened here? I want some answers people, and I want them NOW!"

“My scanner is going wild here! All the readings are off the chart. I have never seen readings like these.”

"This was not magical in nature.  I've never seen anything like it in my experience."

Machinist listened intently to Thunderbolt informing the team what his senses told him. He latched onto a key statement made by the young cape.

Rampart was being 'pulled' somewhere else... briefly.  Whatever effect your instant space shifting teleport magic did it seems to have temporarily lessened Rampart's... uh... link{?} to reality here and now causing what might be a quantum shift between where he is now and where-ever he is linked to.  Where-ever that might be.

“It’s not wherever but WHEN ever isn’t it Mr. Smith? Unfortunately the file I was given is heavily redacted but from what I can tell is our friend experienced a disappearance and reappearance. Rampart himself mentioned experiencing temporal displacement; ‘Back in my day’ was the phrase he used.

So what do we have here Mr. Smith? Is Rampart a time traveler?”
« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2012 at 6:17pm by The Cougar »  

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #122 - Aug 21st, 2012 at 8:53am

Thunderbolt brightens up as one of the professional educated and intelligent  Heroes speaks up.

{Ah.. of course the Machinist.  I wonder if he also possesses hyper intelligence like Dies~  Wha... wait did he just say Time Traveller?}

Thunderbolt listens very closely to the machinist's postulations...

"Wow.  Time Travel?  Is that... really possible?  Like some kind of wormhole that Rampart went through at some point?  Could... time be changed? Like... go back and save my mom or something like that?"

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #123 - Aug 21st, 2012 at 9:23am

Could... time be changed? Like... go back and save my mom or something like that?

Sorry, I specialize in hardware and data correlation not in theory. I have no idea what would happen but my experience is 1 change leads to 100 changes. So while you could save your mom you could create a world where your parents divorce.

Machine walks over to Diesel and holds his scanner toward him.

Do these readings mean anything to you, Diesel. Can you figure out what has happened to Rampart?  If your suit is capable I will upload the data into it.

« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2012 at 9:27am by The Cougar »  

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #124 - Aug 21st, 2012 at 4:38pm

The Cougar wrote on Aug 21st, 2012 at 9:23am:
Do these readings mean anything to you, Diesel. Can you figure out what has happened to Rampart?  If your suit is capable I will upload the data into it.

"My suit is mostly mechanical in origin, but there are a few computers to optimize movement and fuel consumption. I probably have space to store the data. With that I could probably help develop a containment suit using an array of alloys to prevent Rampart from dissipating. Not sure if would need to be a whole suit or just a containment field." Diesel stops and ponders for a moment, "I'd feel more comfortable with a whole suit, but if we can develop a field generator, that's at least more portable. Alright let's take a look." Diesel looks suddenly engaged and interested like no one has seen yet.
« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2012 at 4:42pm by Lord Inar »  

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #125 - Aug 21st, 2012 at 8:36pm

"ENOUGH!"
Having caught his breath, Rampart stands tall and sets his shoulders. "Get yourselves under control. I'm fine . . . I had a bad reaction to the teleport. Everybody just relax . . . Some people get seasick, some folks can't handle roller coasters.
Its ... no ... big ... deal."

"Let's get moving. ... Skyhawk's the one we need to focus on. He's alone in the field with a bad comm-line. We need to make sure he's safe first. Then you eggheads can theorize to your hearts content"

With that Rampart lifts off and flies over to the Thunder Wing at 'speed'.
I've had more than enough of the BSI lab jockeys poking and prodding me for the past six months. There's no way I'm letting a bunch of masked vigilantes with unknown agendas who don't trust me do the same. What's with the kid? He talks like he's a bio-molecular physicist.  Huh

Time travel? Maybe ... that's what the BSI brainiacs think. Thing is it doesn't explain the strange dreams I keep having. I'm pretty sure Earth never had two moons.

« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2012 at 12:50am by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #126 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 11:30am

Thunderbolt steps back a little shocked at Rampart's reaction to everyone's good intentions.

"Hey, hey, fella... no one here is out of control.  You almost just vanished or disintegrated... that's quite a bit more serious than just motion sickness or an upset stomach!  We were all only... reasonably concerned.  But hey you want to 'lone wolf' it... that's your call."

Thunderbolt backs away walking over to Diesel and Machinist...

"But we do have a man in the field with no support... you can chew on that data in-route if you guys want.  Nice to know we got some egg-heads working with us.  I'm certainly not one." {added with a light chuckle}

Thunderbolt then walks to the boarding ramp of the Thunder Wing.  He casts his gaze appreciatively over its sleek lines....

Commenting to Agent Smith as he passes and ascends the ramp, "Your guess is as good as ours as to what just happened, Agent Smith... something for your lab-coats to ponder on our return."

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #127 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 12:07pm

Thunderbolt is talking to empty space as Rampart had already flown off.

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #128 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 1:47pm

"Diesel will you team up with me when we get to our recon area. I might need your help with the scanner. While it appears I can build it I can't always understand what it is telling me."

Machinist turns to Mr. Smith and nodded in the direction that Rampart flew off to.

"Just like old times isn't it Mr. Smith? You have assembled another cracked team."

Machinist walks the rest of the way to the Thunder Wing boarding it in silence.

« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2012 at 1:48pm by The Cougar »  

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #129 - Aug 23rd, 2012 at 1:31am

"Time travel," under his breath, "Facinating." As he boards the plane.
« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2012 at 1:33am by Hammer »  

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #130 - Aug 23rd, 2012 at 12:00pm

Rampart will fly around the Thunder Wing, slipping under and over analyzing the the design. It looks very similar to the shuttles, but much more advanced. I could be mistaken but it looks like it might be capable of handling more than standard atmospheric  conditions. Not a F-16 mind you but perfect for a special ops unit. "It looks like the boys out at Dreamland have been working overtime."

OOC: If Jason was better versed on all the acronym agencies, he might guess the Thunder Wing to be a product of A.D.E.P.T. ???
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2012 at 4:50am by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #131 - Aug 23rd, 2012 at 12:17pm

Thunderbolt enters the Thunder Wing not able to resist slipping forward to look at the cockpit cabin to see the pilot.

He says nothing only taking a quick look and giving the pilot the thumbs up before going back to the passenger cabin to take a seat near the center of the passenger cabin.

He unclasps his katana and settles into his lap so as not to be in the way of others... taking a window seat if possible.

Briefly flexing his personal magnetic field his metal mesh cloak compacts itself somewhat also as a convenience to the other passengers.

Thunderbolt makes sure to then settle his magnetic field substantially  so as not to garble the aircraft's systems.

He smiles widely beneath his mask - commenting to no one in particular, "This is my first time on a plane...  Kinda exciting actually!"
« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2012 at 4:07pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #132 - Aug 23rd, 2012 at 3:16pm

The Cougar wrote on Aug 22nd, 2012 at 1:47pm:
"Diesel will you team up with me when we get to our recon area. I might need your help with the scanner. While it appears I can build it I can't always understand what it is telling me."

"Absolutely, I am always willing to help a fellow techie like myself. I must say you have an interesting approach to component design." Diesel checks out the various gadgets Machinist's costume.

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #133 - Aug 24th, 2012 at 5:50am

OCC:@ Dom and anyone else interested. Because the disappearance of the Guardians, and the President's call to arms for those with meta-powers to step into the void they have left behind is Rampart's primary motivation for playing the role of a superhero, he will have a keen interest in anything related to that team, it's history and clues to it's current status. He would have and will continue to make that a focus of part of his "downtime" activities. With that said I offer the following.

Watching as the others start to board the Thunder Wing, Rampart looks down at Mr. Smith and remembers a similarly named aircraft another group of heroes had used. The Thunderhawk was the Guardian's hypersonic transport. As far as the public knows it is stored in a hanger on Citadel Isle ... but it hasn't been seen since the team disappeared.

Flying from tip to tail Jason smiles as a heavily armored Diesel and the Machinist walk up the the ramp into the belly of the sleek silver bird, not far behind them the crew chief and the kid ... not a kid really, but so damn starry-eyed it was scary. Personality clashes aside a really solid looking squad of individuals. All the components are there for an elite team of heroes. Hmmm . . . Power Chord/Azure, Machinist/Iron Eagle, Diesel/Hardpoint, Thunderbolt/Eden, ... Thunder Wing/Thunderhawk?

As the last of the Protectors enter into the craft, Rampart lands between the team and the enigmatic Mr. Smith. In almost a whisper, but with no doubt that the 'suit' can plainly hear every word,  "They aren't the Guardians, and I sure as hell am not a stand in for the Sentinel. You and the BSI might want to take a couple steps back and let them find their own identity." Pointing his thumb over his shoulder at the Thunder Wing. "You keep trying to push them into some damn government template and they're just as likely to cut and run as fill any void the Guardians have left behind. Chew on that while we're looking for Skyhawk Mr. Man in Black"

Although he's sure he could 'drive' it, and he's dying to get a chance to handle the 'Wing', Jason knows he still has some problems when it comes to quickly acclimating himself to new technologies. Activating the comm-link Machinist had integrated into the visor, "Rampart to Power Chord ... Unless that pretty bird needs a pilot, I'd like to stretch my legs a bit ... " Still looking coldly at Mr. Smith, " ... Jonesville is only a few minutes from here and I could use the fresh air". 
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2012 at 6:14am by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #134 - Aug 24th, 2012 at 9:23am

Thunderbolt pulls out his RONIN phone and retexts his last message to Stalker appending a time/date stamp...

[TB: Stalker, Diesel and I are at BSI HQ meeting with other Supers - Power Chord, Machinist and Rampart.  Trying to get so 'official' recognition.  Join us if you think its wise... or be ready to save our butts if it gets pear-shaped.]

Then he does a new text...

[TB: Stalker, Diesel and I handled a meeting with apparently another Super Team working with BSI already in operation here in Empire city - The Protectors.  Current members - 'Leader' Power Chord {Wizard}, Machinist {High-Tech Gadgeteer... perhaps metapowers of controlling machines}, Skyhawk {unknown abilities} and a freelance government meta called Rampart {flight, potentially superhuman physical scores... time traveler possibly}.  I know you'll do some net searches for any relevant data.  We are on-route to Jonesville in search of Skyhawk seems there a situation of some sort there.  Agent Smith of BSI is loaning us the use of "Thunder Wing" - high tech jet.  Know you can't get here before we leave.  Join us if you can.]

Closing the text phone Thunderbolt looks around the cabin as the others take their seats smiling appreciatively as Diesel and Machinist consult.

Speaking up, "Power Chord your team seems well funded, heh.  I'm poor so RONIN has only mundane means to keep track of each other..." {gesturing to his cell-phone before putting it away} "I see you guys communicating with Skyhawk with your own communicators... got any to spare so we can all stay coordinated in the field?  I can't shout very far."
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2012 at 9:37am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #135 - Aug 24th, 2012 at 11:29pm

The frankenstien's monster that passes for Craig's computer picks up the texts. He still had not gotten the helmet to receive texts.  Rubbing the sleep out of his eyes he check's the  system to see where his erstwhile partner was. GPS showed him headed home. Not at a good clip either. He had been out all night. According to the helmets recording he had been dishing out fists and feet all night digging for info. Sounded like the armor had taken a beating as well. Craig certainly didn't want to have to do any consoling. Would not go well. About a half hour later, the skylight opens and in comes the Stalker.  Craig simply passes along the info as the masked vigilante drops his helmet on the workbench and disappears  into the bathroom.

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #136 - Aug 24th, 2012 at 11:57pm

GM to the Group: All you guys good with your replies?
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2012 at 11:58pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #137 - Aug 25th, 2012 at 12:29am

He smiles widely beneath his mask - commenting to no one in particular, "This is my first time on a plane...  Kinda exciting actually!"

Speaking up,"Power Chord your team seems well funded, heh.  I'm poor so RONIN has only mundane means to keep track of each other..."{gesturing to his cell-phone before putting it away} "I see you guys communicating with Skyhawk with your own communicators... got any to spare so we can all stay coordinated in the field?  I can't shout very far."

Smiling at the young man's excitement, "I'm sure the Machinist can hook you up."
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2012 at 12:39am by Hammer »  

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #138 - Aug 25th, 2012 at 11:01am

I think I have one more left. Diesel we can interface your helmet  by unloading the frequency codes and the frequency changer & scrambler algorithm.

Machinist tosses the comm. unit to Thunderbolt and provides Deisel what he needs to intergrate it as part of his helmet.

« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2012 at 11:02am by The Cougar »  

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #139 - Aug 26th, 2012 at 1:47am

Thunderbolt has to concentrate NOT to reflexively snatch the communicator out of the air magnetically but simply catch it with his hands.

"COOL!  Thanks Machinist!"

Then thinking Thunderbolt rolls the Comm-Unit in his hands familiarizing himself with its settings and operation amazed at how user-friendly the device was!  Obviously... Machinist has either had access to the best tech that BSI had available... or {more-likely}... Machinist had made enough of these devices that he had really streamlined the design and function to be very ergonomic and simple.  Definitely Machinist was a genius of practical application and innovation!

Again he was awed at the competence of 'real-superheroes'... and wondered idly if he would ever be able to measure up or contribute in some significant way.

Then a idea occurred to him and flexing his magnetic control he shifted, reshaped and opened his metal mesh mask to integrate the Comm-Unit to his mask to make the communicator capable of 'hands free' use...

The shifting metal made a soft metal on metal rasp as the mask adjusted for comfort and practicality with the newly installed component.

Triggering the Comm-Unit, [Testing. Signal check, You hear me Power Chord, Machinist, Diesel - over?]
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2012 at 1:50am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Topic Tools

>