Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Protectors, Vol. 2, Issue 2 - Welcome to Jonesville (Read 42258 times)
dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

The Protectors, Vol. 2, Issue 2 - Welcome to Jonesville
Sep 4th, 2012 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
Welcome to Jonesville

GM to the guys on board the Thunderwing:

As the aircraft's turbine engines spin up, you feel a slight vibration, within minutes you're rolling towards the end of the runway, and lifting off into the crisp early evening sky. Izzy backs a hard left, and the Thunderwing gentle rolls to one side as you begin your turn toward the west. Within minutes Empire City's evening skyline begins to fade into the distance behind you, as the dark green of the countryside rolls under your wings.

Less than thirty minutes later, you feel the aircraft begin to slow. Your ears pop from the pressure as you begin to make your descent. Izzy comes across the PA.

"If you look out the port side windows, Jonesvilles just below us. I'm going to make a slow approach, and see if I can find some place to put us down."

As you peer out your windows, you can begin to the outline of the town in the distance, and it rapidly becomes clearer as Izzy glides the Thunderhawk into a controlled hover a few miles outside of town.

Jonesville

Actions?
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2012 at 7:20pm by dsumner »  

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

"Justice Like Lightning!"

Re: The Protectors, Vol. 2, Issue 2 - Welcome to Jonesville
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2012 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
"Actually, it's Special Agent...Special Agent Pilot, to be exact.  But don't worry, a lot of people make that mistake, and assume I'm military." You're that new kid, Thunderbolt, right. I've read some of your file."

{I have a file?}

Thunderbolt smiles at the young woman, "I'm sure 'my file'... was not all that interesting... yeah I'm the new guy... not been a kid for years." {he smiles no chastisement in his tone}

-------

Thunderbolt sits back and enjoys the flight in silence.  To pass the flight he extends his radar sense plotting their course as best as he can - hard to do with the hull of the jet's fuselage in the way but distracting enough to hold his attention with the mental exercise.

On Arrival in Jonesville...

"Thanks for the flight Izzy... er Special Agent Pilot Rogers."  {He chuckles at himself}  "Hmmm... you're right ma'am... Izzy is easier."

Turning to look to Power Chord "Hey Power Chord, this is your man - Skyhawk in danger, your op as far as I'm concerned.  I think it will be easier and more respectful for me to differ to your leadership and calling out the shots on this op... Diesel and I will help wherever, however you need us to get your man Skyhawk to safety.  Sound good?  Can't have too many chiefs... bad for cohesion and morale.  'Fighting with a large army under your command is nowise different from fighting with a small one: it is merely a question of instituting signs and signals.'"

Calling back up to Izzy "Izzy... er Ma'am... are you getting any electronic interference here on your telemetry?  If you are it might be best to let us out and you dust off to clear the LZ outside whatever interference is present.  Don't want your avioinics going out on this pretty bird you have in midflight."
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2012 at 1:09am by Thunderbolt »  

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2012 at 11:59am
Print Post  
Power Chord, the last message from Skyhawk was the ECU team was missing and he was going to talk with the Police.

All we know is communications has been cut off. Has BSI recieved word from Skyhawk he was in danger?

I would recommend having Rampart and Thunderbolt look for Achilles.

Power Chord and BSI meet with the Police.

Diesel and myself monitor the situation from here.

My thoughts but your call, Power Chord

V&V character creation is too much fun.
                                     - Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM
http://vav-megalopolis-pbem.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #3 - Sep 7th, 2012 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
"Sounds cool by me Machinist...! Wait... er who is Achilles?  Well besides the mythological son of mortal Peleus and the nymph Thetis."
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2012 at 12:38pm by Thunderbolt »  

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #4 - Sep 7th, 2012 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Rampart smiles at the operational efficiency of the Machinist suggestions regarding personnel assignments.  He's keeping the two unknown assets together, trying to retrieve Skyhawk's portable AI, thus leaving the team leader and the BSI to deal with the authorities. Who says you can't make paranoia work for you?

"I agree. It's a good plan." Checking with the SAP  "Izzy ... Any chance of popping the can for a LALO (low altitude low opening) drop?"

Looking over at his younger wingman to be. "Skyhawk has a flight capable AI. Time to put those electromagnetic powers to good use flyboy."
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:31pm by Ranger »  

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #5 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 1:02am
Print Post  
Thunderbolt looks a little uncertain, but replies...

"Uh.. yeah sure!  If its made of metal, uses electricity or flies in the sky {and is not invisible to radar}... I'll find it!  No problem."

He gives Rampart a thumbs up gesture as he unstraps from his seat to stand... ready to take flight once the hatch is open and the word given...
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2012 at 1:03am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #6 - Sep 12th, 2012 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
"Agreed, sounds like a plan.  Rampart and Thunderbolt, if you would, take a look from above.  The Machinist and Diesel, see if you can identify what is causing this interference.  Agent Woo if you will join me, we can make contact with local law enforcement."
« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2012 at 11:56pm by Hammer »  

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #7 - Sep 13th, 2012 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
As Rampart waits for Izzy to give the word to pop the top he considers the other possible side effects of the interference. Too many unknowns right now. This could be anything from atmospheric interference to a full blown EMP effect to the whole area. Pardon me all. Any of you science types have a possible location on where the celestial event that hit the other day might have landed?
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:31pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #8 - Sep 13th, 2012 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt moves to the door to the passenger cabin buttoning up his duster under his cloak, no gun in his shoulder holster feels... odd, but no point in not buttoning up without his gun on him. 

{More trouble to explain to BSI my possession of a unlicensed, unregistered firearm with no serial numbers or makers stamps.  But I still miss having it as an option... nothing for it but to go in and hope I got what it takes... 'unarmed'.  Should be a routine search... but routine for metas rarely is routine!}

He secures his katana over his shoulder buckling it back to his duster's clasps...

Thunderbolt pulls out a PDA to gesture with in reply to Rampart, "I know where it is... have the location on google maps saved to the memory.  Its not exact but its as close as the newscasts provided.  I was planning on going in and investigating it myself.  Meteoric nickle/iron could be very useful in some... magnetic and materials experiments I was planning on."

Calling forward, "Ready whenever you are to pop this can Izzy... let's do this!"
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2012 at 7:30pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #9 - Sep 13th, 2012 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
"I've seen those numbers son. The meteors that night were all over the night sky. I was hoping the Machinist or BSI might have access to some satellite imagery with a bit more detailed information."

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #10 - Sep 13th, 2012 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
"Sorry Rampart, its the best I got.  But if Machinist has a better info and a flash drive to upload it to my PDA... I'm more than willing to use it. I was not expecting to be under a time issue to locate it... maybe my Radar/Magnetic EM senses might allow me to pin-pint it a little quicker... but i'm not betting on it.  Though... I might be able to locate the center of all this EM static communication interference."
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2012 at 6:50pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #11 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Machinist looked with an expression of shock as the two newbies talked about meteors. He wondered if it was pre-mission jitters they were experiencing.

Sorry guys, you will have to talk with Agent Woo. While we have a measure of independance BSI has made it clear that we don't pick our missions.

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #12 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt turns to look at Machinist an eyebrow raised.

"Really?  Well their in for a shock, I do not work for them.  I'll work with them but if I think something needs investigating... I'm going to do it!  I do my best to stay out of the way of our boys in blue in the ECPD and not mess up their crime scenes so they can properly gather evidence to prosecute the guilty - cause they know their jobs.  But if it involves metas or other weirdness the PD just isn't equipped or trained to deal with... I'll be there to lend a hand... and protect the innocent from harm weather BSI likes it or not!"

Looking over to Rampart, "We ready to get in the air and find this Achilles?  Finding Skyhawk should take precedence and if we can get some answers on the meteors and what not we can do that as a secondary bonus."
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2012 at 2:29pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #13 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
GM to the group on board the T-Wing:

"If you guys want to take a look, would you doing a quick run over that filed, (gesturing to her left), I'd like to set her down, but I want to make sure it's safe. The T-Wing kicks up a lot of debris when she lands."   

And then she opens the port side access door.
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2012 at 4:01pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #14 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
GM to Skyhawk:

As you go about town, Achilles reports that he's picking up a faint, single, not far from town. It appears to be some sort of beacon broadcasting on a BSI locator signal. He can't quite pinpoint it, but he's got the general area.

Actions?

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #15 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
Meanwhile back in Empire City, Stalker has reported in for his nightly security shift. He's surprised to see what appears to be an unmarked police car outside the office. It's unusual as it's not the standard model used by the Port Authority Police. As he glances inside, he see's two males, dress in street clothes, an African American male, and a slightly younger White male. Both have ECPD badges on chains around their necks, and they're talking with Mrs. Fitzpatrick.

As he enters the building, he can overhear bits an pieces of the conversation, and it appears they're asking her about her school, Empire City University, and if she'd recently met anyone new, or mentioned a new friend. But it's hard to hear unless you get closer by moving behind the counter.

Actions?

YIM  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #16 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
Keith makes his way to the time clock. He fumbles punching his card.
"Ms. Fitzpatrick"says, "May I get a new time card? Mine is fubar'ed" He shrugs sheepishly as he moves around the counter
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2012 at 10:24pm by Avatar »  

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #17 - Sep 15th, 2012 at 2:09am
Print Post  
"If you guys want to take a look, would you doing a quick run over that filed, (gesturing to her left), I'd like to set her down, but I want to make sure it's safe. The T-Wing kicks up a lot of debris when she lands."   

And then she opens the port side access door.

"Will do Izzy!  Lets do this!"

Thunderbolt steps out the door falling straight down his metal mesh cloak fluttering lazily behind him as he falls.

At about just above the tree-tops Thunderbolt exert his magnetic-will and his cloak snaps out 'whip-like' spread out like a metal mesh wing as the magnetic field springs into existence.

Thunderbolt takes flight.

Flying close to the tree tops he makes use of ground cover to hide his approach to Izzy's chosen landing field.

{Lets try to stay a little discrete here...}

Stretching out with his radar senses Thunderbolt scans minutely the landing zone looking for any moving targets or obvious landing hazards for the aircraft.

Exerting his will Thunderbolt clears the area of any metallic debris that might be knocked loose.  Anything non-metallic Thunderbolt uses one of this pocketed Kyogetsu-Shoge to snake out on its 80'ft metal cable to wrap around and move any other non-metallic obstacles. 

Thunderbolt moves quickly and as stealthily as possible... though how stealthy a loud VTOL Jet will be is laughable.

Use: Stealth [flight approach to field]
Use: Perception [looking for landing safety hazards or observers]
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2012 at 2:10am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #18 - Sep 15th, 2012 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
Rampart shakes his head at the dramatic diatribe and theatric exit of the overly enthusiastic young hero, Whoa a few too many vigilante rationalizations there. The kid sounds like he might use a few lessons on working with the authorities. A couple years at the Blue Zoo could teach him how to work with the system, not just outside it … he’s doing a nice job on the landing zone so far though.

A small warm smile as he looks back at the others preparing for their roles. It’s obvious they have worked together before, and developed a bond of trust along the way. With the high-tech communications on the fritz, Rampart decides maybe it’s time to take a page out of his academy survival training and apply an old school solution to the ancient issue of a missing soldier on the battlefield.

“Izzy, hope you don’t mind, I’m going to borrow a little something out of your survival locker.” Grabbing what he needs and re-securing the storage trunk, Rampart slips from the craft, departing like an air-to-air missile. Saluting Izzy as he passes over the nose of the Thunderwing, the blue, white, and red aviator flies higher into the air engaging his visor’s telescopic abilities. Where are you Achilles?

Using the hands free function of the comm-gear the Machinist had installed earlier Rampart periodically checks in with the Thunderwing  with the idea of helping the gadgetter determine how to cut through whatever is interfering with the communication signals.skkk***Ramp*** to Po*** Chord … Mr. ***th’s ride might be pretty *** she’s about as sub*** as Jim McMahon in train*** camp. Let’s *** if we can bring Sky***k to us. ***skkk

*Pfssst*

Lighting one of the two signal flares he had ‘borrowed’ from the survival gear, Rampart's flight pattern weaves and loops, all in plain sight of anyone on a street in Jonesville. I can’t imagine he missed a bird like the Thunderwing doing a flyby over the town like we did, but if Skyhawk is outdoors there’s not much of a chance he can miss this. The one-time F-16 pilot finishes his flight pattern as the first flare eventually sputters. Looking back he smiles at the sky writing he had just finished. In a smokey haze, written across the tapestry of a clear blue sky.

S k y h a w k
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2012 at 12:33pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #19 - Sep 18th, 2012 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Skyhawk will transmit this message. "Machinist, Achilles has picked up a faint signal from a beacon broadcasting on a BSI locator." He will broadcast this once every minute for nine minutes. On the tenth minute he will add, "I am going to investigate."

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #20 - Sep 21st, 2012 at 12:19am
Print Post  
GM to the group on the T-Wing:

As Rampart and T-Bolt busily go about their business, Izzy rolls her eyes at their display, while skillfully manipulating the controls, and setting the Thunderwing down as gently as a mother places her child down for a nap. She then begins to shutdown the aircraft’s engines, while shooting off coded transmission to BSI, informing them of the group’s safe arrival in Jonesville, but seems confused by her inability to successfully transmit the message.

"Hmmm...That’s strange, she mutters to herself. The tech's just ran a full system's diagnostic on the comm systems a few hours ago."

After a few more unsuccessful attempts, she informs the remaining passengers, that she's picking up a lot of atmospheric interference, and it looks like they're not going to be able to talk to anyone until things clear up.

“Can you guys look around the area? I’m picking up a BSI homing beacon not to far from here. One of the research team that came out here was actually a plant. He works for us, and as a safety precaution, we “low jacked” him with a tracking beacon.”

Actions?

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #21 - Sep 21st, 2012 at 12:23am
Print Post  
GM to Skyhawk

Achilles is once again unsuccessful in his attempts to transmit a signal. As he flies ever higher in an attempt reach BSI, his sensors spot something, a message in the distance. “SKYHAWK”. Instantly calculating the distance and direction, he transmits the location to you.

Actions?

YIM  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #22 - Sep 21st, 2012 at 8:19am
Print Post  
Skyhawk flies in the direction of the message written in the air.

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #23 - Sep 21st, 2012 at 9:06am
Print Post  
Machinist reconfigures (if needed) his scanner to home in on the BSI homing beacon. Once he locks onto it he will provide the coordinates to Diesel.

Izzy your communications problem must be the same thing that Skyhawk was experiencing. Diesel and I will go to the beacon.

Lets follow the BSI protocols for hostile suppression of communications. While we don't know for sure what is causing this, it is the most conservative approach.

Diesel, you ready to stretch your legs? Lets go retreive the beacon.

Machinist will create a stun rod and 1 smoke grenade. He will hide them in ready mode on his suit. With scanner in hand, he will go to the Beacon.
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2012 at 9:08am by The Cougar »  

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #24 - Sep 21st, 2012 at 4:44pm
Print Post  

Diesel grabs his hammer, let's out a small flame and puff of smoke to check the flamethrower, looks up and says "Let's go. If something is jamming transmission instead of just atmospheric disturbance, they probably don't want us there."
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2012 at 7:13pm by Lord Inar »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolts
Avenger

Reply #25 - Sep 21st, 2012 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt keeps his distance as the 'Thunderwing' settles down.

Floating over to the powering down jet plane the young meta hovers 5'ft off the ground as the main door opens.  He casts his gaze around and his expression turns... concerned.

"Nice landing - Izzy.  I don't know what you guys think, but this jet is loud and really hard to miss but... no ones come to even take a look at it.  That's... odd; to say the least!  I tried to talk to you on your approach... getting nothing but static on the radio."

He turns to look at Power Chord casting a thumb up at Rampart's aerial sign, "If your man Skyhawk can't see that... he's in trouble and won't be coming to us.  I'd say give it 5 minutes if he's not here by then... something is forcefully keeping him away. In the mean time I might be able to triangulate with Diesel and Machinist the center of this radio interference.  That can't be natural... and there are no storm clouds in the area.  If someone is jamming communications its likely because they don't want anyone raising the alarm - we should investigate that.  Skyhawk may not be far away from the cause.  But... it IS your call Power Chord... what's the game plan?"
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2012 at 10:47pm by Thunderbolts »  

"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #26 - Sep 22nd, 2012 at 2:21am
Print Post  
"I'd planned on contacting local law enforcement with agent Woo, but it appears our companions have found something.  Hopefully Skyhawk will join us, I say let's investigate the beacon.  Would you care for a lift?  I'm not sure I can handle Diesel... perhaps Rampart or T-bolt can assist?", he says this last into his communicator.
« Last Edit: Sep 22nd, 2012 at 2:22am by Hammer »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolts
Avenger

Reply #27 - Sep 22nd, 2012 at 7:33am
Print Post  
Nods in acceptance to Power Chord - , "Ok, no problem."

Turning to Diesel - ...

"You ready to go?  I can lift you and fly with no trouble... actually I can lift ...well likely all of you as long as you have some metal secured around you in a load-bearing piece of clothing... perhaps a belt buckle or costume buckles.  I could just wrap one of my Kyogetsu-Shoge around shoulders to carry people... its... just not very... dignified.  I can almost lift an entire ton of metal at once.  But your Diesel suit is all metal I can lift you as is.  As long as I keep you close I can move you as fast as I fly wrapped in my magnetic flight field."

Thunderbolt gestures at Diesel and gently lifts him about 5 inches off the ground with no strain at all...
« Last Edit: Sep 22nd, 2012 at 7:35am by Thunderbolts »  

"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #28 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 10:14am
Print Post  
"If you can get us there quicker than walking, let's bring machinist too and then we can go."

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #29 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Thunderbolt turns to Machinist - "Up to you Machinist.  I can understand if you prefer to fly with your Team Leader though."

He waits for his permission...

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #30 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
  I'm *** sure I *** handle Diesel... perhaps Ramp*** or T-bolt can ***ist?", he says this last into his communicator.

Activating the comm-gear Machinist had built into his visor, "skkk*** Comms still seems spotty ***er Chord, if you're receiving this it sounds like young Thun***bolt has the big guy co***ed PC. If you don't mind I'd like to light an***er flare and keep an eye out for Sky*awk and Achilles. He's *** reason we're here, *** there's no where in this county *** two of us can't catch up in a flash af*** he shows up. ***skkk"
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2012 at 12:34pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #31 - Sep 25th, 2012 at 8:50am
Print Post  
Machinist says "A lift would be great".

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #32 - Sep 25th, 2012 at 9:56am
Print Post  
"No Problem."

Thunderbolt gestures magnetically seizing hold of the metal snaps, metallic belts and securing buckles on his costume lifting Machinist - ... but raises an eyebrow at how much heavier Machinist is than Diesel.

However he makes no comment.  Levitating Diesel and Machinist with him to a height of about 20'ft to within 10'ft of himself.

Turning to Power Chord - , "Ready to go when you are."

Pulling out his PDA with the GPS active...

"Just give me a heading Machinist - , on that beacon..."

Then realizing his GPS is not getting signal clearly he grimaces, "Er... perhaps pointing a direction will work better..."

Looking down at Izzy - "Hey Izzy hold down our ride... button her up and sit tight.  If you get in trouble and need help use a flaregun to draw our attention... radio is spotty at best.  Clear Skies!!"

[Magnetic Carrying Capacity: 420lbs out of 1,700lbs; PR Spent: 5 {63 / 58}]
« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2012 at 1:16pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #33 - Sep 25th, 2012 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
Smiling at the young man's enthusiasm, he doesn't have the heart to tell Tbolt that he could give each of them their own ability to fly.Facing

"Thanks, let's head out. I'd recommend we each prepare for whatever might be ahead."

PowerChord will cast protection (Force Field), and Detect Magic, and head in the direction Izzy had indicated.

Remembering Ramparts ability to see further than he can, he will turn in the direction of the blazing SKYHAWK and wave to Rampart to join them. Into his communicator,"Rampart, care to join us?"

Turning to "Care to join us" He extends his hand.
« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2012 at 10:08pm by Hammer »  

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #34 - Sep 25th, 2012 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
Hearing Power Chord's voice in his ear Rampart turns, refocusing his telescopic vision and faces toward the cloaked charismatic figure close to the Thunderwing. Picking up the intent of the message. Pointing to the slowly fading sky writing, "skkk*** Sho***n't we give Sky***k a few mi***es to find us? ***skkk"
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2012 at 12:21pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #35 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Flying low altitude toward the skywriting Skyhawk thinks. "It is probably friendlies, but being cautious couldn't hurt." "Achilles,"he thinks to himself and the information is immediately transmitted through the implant in his skull to his flying companion.". Lets keep a scan up to make sure this isn't a trap." Achilles responds "Will do."
OOC: Skyhawk will use his Hght. Detect Danger, and Achilles scans.

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #36 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt pauses looking away toward Jonesville.

"Uhm, hang on Power Chord... I think.. something's approaching. I'm getting an... intermittent return from something in the air... I think.  Its coming in just above the trees... could be a big bird... but its moving too fast."

Thunderbolt rises in the air to peer in the direction of Jonesville trying to locate with his eyes what his radar sense is sporadically picking up.

He electrifies his body and raises a magnetic field around himself to deflect any snipe attempts if their actually is a threat approaching.

With a causal gesture he lowers Diesel - and Machinist - to just about 1'ft off the ground near the tree cover... ready to release them should combat start giving them a chance to get under cover from any incoming fire he might draw.

A nimbus of crackling lightning arcs about the young meta and the air begins to smell faintly of ozone.  His white metal mesh cloak and similarly metal meshed maroon duster both begin to rustle as if buffeted by a whirlwind... a magnetic wind that none save the hovering Thunderbolt seems to be affected by.   Flexing his will he mentally tightens the magnetic lines of force around him into a protective field ready for defense...

[ Ready Electrify Body - As Defense, Ready Magnetic Control - As Defense {PR Spent: 1 'if deflect incoming attack' } ]

[ooc: TB might sense Achilles.. but its basically a mechanical bird to his senses it would still be bird-sized and easily confused with other birds likely in the area.  He might miss the fact that Achilles is moving just as fast as the larger target - which will have to be much closer before TB can get the target's general shape as being man-shaped.  I'm pretty sure the trees would make his senses fuzzy at best but trees do not fly either and he was already in the air near treetop level at 20'ft altitude. 11 mile range - LoS basically, is pretty far!]
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2012 at 11:59pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #37 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Hey Thunderbolt, what is going on up there?

If you think you need to stay, let me and Diesel go. We will walk to our objective while you deal with what you are sensing.

to himself, Wow, Thunderbolt must be coming from a warzone. He seems to be expecting a full out assault at any moment.

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #38 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
"Well, I could do that Machinist, but I'm not sure if what I'm sensing is friendly or hostile.  If its friendly than its no biggie and we continue on or way... but if its hostile I'd rather have team backup."

"Consider this... I can tell its smaller than a airplane and bigger than a bird but its faster than a car and flying... what's that bring to mind? 
A drone, a flying meta or a missile?  Thunderwing is on the ground... with Izzy inside a sitting duck of a target if its hostile.  I'd really like backup... but I'll set you down if that's what you wish... it would only take a moment for me to drop you IF it IS hostile and we need to fight.  But I'd rather not waste the endurance to pick you up again if its not hostile."

[ Observation check please, Detect Danger check please ]

[OOC: LOL! The Mean Streets! Mafia wise-guys running protection shake-down rackets neighborhood wide.  Yakuza enforcers, Tong Golden Dragon thugs, and Colombian cartel pushers all battling it out for their piece of the action.  Gang-bangers and hopped-up cocaine cowboys with too many guns and too little brains looking for a quick score so they can afford their next fix...! Yeah... a Warzone.]
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2012 at 11:34pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #39 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
Meanwhile high in the sky ...

Rampart continues to fly in a tactical pattern designed to look for Achilles and a potentially inbound Skyhawk. Looking down from his SARCAP position, the man from another time notices the display of power Thunderbolt exhibits close to the Thunderwing while talking to the Protectors. Deja vu? This all seems strangely familiar for some reason.

Refocusing his telescopic vision Rampart lights another flare and tries to listen to the group chatter while maintaining his comm-link with Power Chord. Tapping the side earpiece of his visor, Damn static. I'm not getting half of what's coming across this thing.
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:28pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #40 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 12:14am
Print Post  
Thunderbolt wrote on Sep 27th, 2012 at 11:01pm:
"Consider this... I can tell its smaller than a airplane and bigger than a bird but its faster than a car and flying... what's that bring to mind? 
A drone, a flying meta or a missile?  Thunderwing is on the ground... with Izzy inside a sitting duck of a target if its hostile.  I'd really like backup... but I'll set you down if that's what you wish... it would only take a moment for me to drop you IF it IS hostile and we need to fight.  But I'd rather not waste the endurance to pick you up again if its not hostile."

"Well if it comes to that, put me down and I'll fire up the old flamethrower to draw any heat seekers away."
"What am I saying? Ah well, you don't build a suit of armor to fix trucks better, now did you?" Diesel thinks to himself.

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #41 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 12:17am
Print Post  
GM to T-Bolt - You Detect Danger doesn't register any immediate danger in the area.

GM to the group - As you all talk amongst yourselves, Izzy chimes in.

- "Hey guys, this is really weird, I can't get anything on the comm system, I mean nothing, no GPS, no satellite, nada. The T-Bird’s systems are state of the art, with several redundancies built in for safety.  I personally ran checks on every piece of gear before we took off, and there's no way all of the systems should be down at the same time. It's just not right.
I’m going to go aft and check the rest of the electronics, and see if I can figure out exactly what’s going on. I’ve also got some maps in the back. With the GPS down, you might need them to figure out exactly where at.”

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #42 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Shawn ponders the situation and his thoughts fired by his electric powers move again at accelerated pace...

Activating his Comm-Link with the team...

"Ok.  I'm putting you two down but not releasing hold of you... but I don't need to arrest your movement doing that and can pick you up again with but a thought."

"Izzy - , Read you loud and clear... there is a unidentified target approaching, gonna hold position to find out if its hostile...do what you can with Thunderwing's systems... maybe Machinist can give a hand... if he's willing."

Gesturing Thunderbolt gently settle machinist to the ground but his buckles and metal accoutrements on his costume continue to rattle nervously as the magnetic field is still around him... within Thunderbolt's control ready to pick him up again with but a thought...

"Machinist - , there is a unidentified target approaching rapidly.  Not sure if its hostile so I'm holding position until we know for sure.  But with our electronics going down - we will need those maps Izzy's got, if your willing to go retrieve them... maybe you can find out if there is something wrong with the T-Wing?"

Turning his gaze Diesel's way - the powered armor floats gently toward a small tree to the right flank of the Thunderwing and he settles to the ground.  Though, the powered armor shudders occasionally as the magnetic field still surrounds him but exerts no force to move or hinder his own movement...

"Diesel - , I'm going to set you down near Thunderwing's flank near that small tree ready your flamethrower on it to light it up... not yourself so its the target if our closing target is a heat seeking missile.  But don't light it yet!!!  The target may not be hostile.  That tree is far enough away from the other trees that if we're careful it won't start a brush or forest fire."

Looking up at Rampart - far above, "Rampart, unknown target approaching. Some high-guard air cover would be nice if you can hear me...?"

Turning to look toward Power Chord - "Power Chord there is an unidentified target approaching not sure if its hostile or what.  Think you can put one of those cool force fields around the Thunderwing to protect Izzy and the T-Wing if the target is hostile?  We may need those maps Izzy's talking about with our electronics going down.  Maybe Agent Woo could retrieve them or Machinist?  I'm planning on getting a little altitude - some 50'ft higher to draw fire and get a better view of the approaching target unless you got a better plan?"
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2012 at 11:33am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #43 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 11:59am
Print Post  
GM to the group Sorry guys, I forgot to mention it, but your internal comm links are also being affected by the interference, so comms are intermittent at best. So relaying information over them is going to be a problem.

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #44 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
OOC:  Ok Dom, everyone parse as you think is cool or appropriate what Thunderbolt has said.  Some are nearby and may still hear his voice.

EDIT: LOL. Yeah sorry, I meant you can hear or not hear what make sense or seems cool in your opinion from what he said "parsing" through words heard or not heard as fits your take on Thunderbolt's last post.

Since the comms are not reliable any more.   The same thing was done before by Rampart in one of his posts.  He heard some of what was said but not everything clearly.

Like this...

Ranger wrote on Sep 15th, 2012 at 10:36pm:
Using the hands free function of the comm-gear the Machinist had installed earlier Rampart periodically checks in with the Thunderwing  with the idea of helping the gadgetter determine how to cut through whatever is interfering with the communication signals.skkk***Ramp*** to Po*** Chord … Mr. ***th’s ride might be pretty *** she’s about as sub*** as Jim McMahon in train*** camp. Let’s *** if we can bring Sky***k to us. ***skkk

*Pfssst*

That make it clearer?
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:00pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #45 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
The Machinist checks his scanner to make sure he still has signal lock on the BSI beacon. When he confirms he has the beacon locked in he will hand signal for Diesel to follow him.

Whether Diesel follows or not, he walks silently toward the beacon.

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #46 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt watches Machinist - walk off, on his own, without a word. 
He looks over to Power Chord - and shrugs waiting for his directions.

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #47 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 7:23am
Print Post  
GM to Stalker:

Mrs. Fitzpatrick responds - "Time card..., oh, I'm so sorry" while moving out the way to let you by.

The officers wait for you to pass, then continue their conversation with her. You manage to pick up most of it, as you fumble around taking your time as though you're not sure where the blank time cards are.

The African American detective speaks - " Are you sure she hadn't mentioned meeting anyone new lately."

Mrs. Fitzpatrick thinks for a moment, and then says "Now that I think of it, she did mention she was thinking of possibly looking into a new part time job. She only mentioned it once, Eternal something or other. They were advertising for young women on campus, but she never brought it up again. Do really think that's important?

The African American Detective - "As I said earlier, we're just following up on a few leads. Well thank you for your time ma'am, if you can think of anything else, please give me a call. My number is on the card I gave you earlier."

And both detectives turn and leave. Mrs. Fitzpatrick, now visibly upset, excuses her self to the ladies room, leaving you to catch another look at the unmarked police car, and its plates.

Actions?

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #48 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 7:30am
Print Post  
GM to the group at the T-wing. - It's going to take you guys about 5 minutes or so to walk to the area where the signal is coming from. One thing all of you find strange is that with all of this atmospheric interference, that somehow this one signal manages to continue to broadcast without problems.

While en route you all catch a glimpse of Skyhawk and Achilles flying in your general direction, and he spots you all as well. You motion for him to land in the area near the signal. The area is heavily wooded, with trees in every direction, but as far as you can tell, there's really not much else. There's a small clearing, that's large enough for all of you to congregate in and figure out what's been going on.

Actions?

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #49 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 8:18am
Print Post  
Thunderbolt looks Skyhawk over not sure what to make of the mechanical 'Achilles'... but clearly fascinated by the technical wonder of the construct bird.  He watches the interaction between Skyhawk and his team mates trying to get a feel for how the Protectors interact with each other.

On arrival at the small clearing...

Thunderbolt looks nervous, "Guys this is suspicious... why is this signal still clear when no other signals are?  Seems like a trap.  And with all these trees around my Radar Sense is not going to be very effective."
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2012 at 8:18am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #50 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Seems like a trap.

And they say I am the paranoid one. It could be that the beacon is on a totally different frequency so it isn't being affected.

But I agree with you this is very strange. Would you check the Beacon to see if it has been tampered with?

Diesel will you give me a hand with scanning the area?

Skyhawk have you noticed anything that would suggest what is going on here?

Power Chord, I will try scanning again but this is beginning to seem to be your area of speciality. Do you have any kind of spell which could tell us what happened here?

The Machinist would continue to scan. He will change frequencies, wave lengths, spectrums and anything else to try to figure out what is going on.

OOC: Roll for Detect Hidden please.

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #51 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 11:48am
Print Post  
Thunderbolt shrugs, "Hey, I just call em' how I see em'..."

"I'm gonna get a little altitude just for some aerial coverage... and better clarity with my Radar Sense if aerial hostiles are incoming.  I'll stay in yelling range..."

Thunderbolt takes flight to a height of about 30'ft and erects both his Magnetic shield and Electrified body sheath ready to defend against any incoming ambush. His body and cloak arc with ready crackling electricity; arcing in regular patterns shaped by the Magnetic shield...

OOC: On Watch - Observation & Detect Danger checks
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2012 at 11:49am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #52 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
Rampart watches a figure matching the description in the BSI files fly in from the direction of Jonesville. Waving a greeting as he passes by, Jason decides to maintain an aerial overwatch as the Protectors gather together and make their way toward a wooded area. Using a combination of the comm-link for what it's worth and basic hand signals, Rampart informs Machinist he will be keeping an eye from up above.

Carefully surveying the area surrounding the woods, Rampart switches back and forth between his standard and night vision attempting to spot anything unusual. Maintaining an aerial position approximately a half mile above the heroes below the man from another time continues to observe the area and approaches through the air and on foot to provide the Protectors with early warning of any potential bogies. All the while thinking of back to the day, his last day as a normal man. (to be continued in Jason Rollins Journal)
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2012 at 4:55pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #53 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Looks out at the car and makes a note of the plate number. When he gets his new time card he picks a pen up off the desk to fill it out. As he walks back to the time clock he turns the card over and writes down the license. Later on his lunch break he calls Craig and gives him the number. "I also want you to check all the newspapers and advertising rags around campus for anything referring to or using the word Eternal."

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #54 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 2:24am
Print Post  
GM to Stalker:

Craig manages to track the unmarked car through a restricted ECPD database. It's assigned to the MCU, and currently signed out to Det. Nathan Jones. From what he can tell, it's equipped with a GPS system that will let dispatchers know where the vehicle is in an emergency. He's going to try to keep an eye on them, but has to be careful as the ECPD IT guys have pretty good security protocols, and he doesn't want to alert them.

He's also managed to find some information on the "Eternal Youth Beauty Salon and Spa". From what he can see, it's only been open for about six months. They offer massages, facials, beauty treatments, etc. to women. He can't find out to much about it's owners other than they're an off shore holding company based somewhere in Eastern Europe. He's going to dig around and see what else he can find. He shoots you the address, and a map of it's location.

Actions?

YIM  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #55 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Noticing the new additions to the group, Skyhawk gives a brief wave in acknowledgement of them. Dropping down in the clearing he lands close to The Machinist.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318InquisitorDracos/Supers/Machinist.pngSkyhawk have you noticed anything that would suggest what is going on here?
[/quote]
Skyhawk responds. "I've picked up elevated levels of radiation and encountered towns folk who seem to be cast out of Invasion of the Body snatchers, but nothing else. " I'm telling you guys," he says to the group "this place seems weird. There has to be something sinister behind this."
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2012 at 7:01pm by Hawk »  

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #56 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Diesel looks around for a moment to see if he can see what Thunderbird was talking about and then he follows Machinist.

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #57 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 11:24am
Print Post  
GM to The Machinist: The readings are really strange. Your scan detects elevated levels of radiation, and a lot of electromagnetic interference in the area.

GM to the group: As you all talk amongst yourselves, you are startled by a very loud "BOO!" As you turn a ghostly white costumed figure hovers a few inches above thre ground, just pass the edge of the clearing.

Actions?

YIM  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #58 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Skyhawk up-links to Achilles. "Hold position, run a scan on new arrival, update me with what you can determine about it."
"don't want to do anything aggressive," he thinks to himself, "That could start a conflict that isn't necessary,or this could be a new teammate. Wish the comm wasn't acting up so they could have told me about the new arrivals, and how many there are."

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #59 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt looks down at the new arrival and cocks his head in curiosity.

He drifts forward casually and lowers down to about 5 feet off the ground and about 10'ft distant from the newcomer.

"Uhm, Hi.  I'm Thunderbolt.  I'm going go out on a limb here and figure if you were behind the strangeness going on around here you would not have blown your surprise position by yourself if you were hostile."

Gesturing at Power Chord - , "That's Power Chord, the leader of the PROTECTORSHe's running this show.. we're trying to find some lost University Students and figure out what is causing all this EM interference... seems there is something wrong with the townsfolk as well.  So mind telling us who you are and if you know anything about what's going on here?"

The young white-haired African-American{?} man floating before the new arrival is arcing lightning in a very concise spherical bubble around himself his arms crossed at his chest.  His white cloak and maroon & black costume all seem to be made of some fine metal mesh and a Katana hilt peeks over one shoulder.  He is not being aggressive despite the display of power he is maintaining.
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2012 at 2:11pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #60 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
Did anyone else hear this guy say "BOO"?

Please Diesel tell me you heard that?

C'mon Rampart please tell me you see Casper?

Power Chord, this one is all yours.

Machinist steps back a few steps away from the ghostly white figure. He continues to scan the area and includes the newcomer in the scan

« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2012 at 2:04pm by The Cougar »  

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #61 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
. . . last I saw of the squadron they had picked up the wounded ‘hero’ and were escorting him back across the Turkey border. After that the flight control computer blew and . . .

. . . noticing that the team has halted its progress Jason refocuses his visor’s vision to the clearing. “What the …? It’s not possible.” One last check of the skies and natural approaches and Rampart drops from the sky at an accelerated rate. Careful, he won’t know me from Adam in this costume.  Pulling up a few yards from the alabaster clad companion of a day lost in the past. Hands out and palms up in a gesture of friendship, Jason approaches the familiar looking figure.

“Ghost . . . is it you? I'm a friend.”
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2012 at 5:35pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #62 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 1:45pm
Print Post  

Truning from Power Chord to Rampart (startled) - "Uhhhmmm...yeah, I'm Ghost, but who are you and how do you know who I am!?!"

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #63 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
His voice? It's seems like he hasn't aged a day. The man I remember was full of confidence. Could it be an imposter?

Slowly walking closer, Rampart looks carefully at the white clad costume. (Tactics skill roll for Detect Weakness please). Stopping close enough to whisper so that just the two of them may hear, Jason keeps his hands out indicating his peaceful intentions and looks the young man in the eye. "Operation Tartarus?"
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2012 at 2:14pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #64 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt - , continues to hover 10'ft distant from the new apparition-like meta.  He casually glances up detecting Rampart's rapid descent but do not take his eyes off the new arrival.

He listens patiently as Rampart - , identifies the meta as Ghost - , {So they know each other... from where I wonder?  More meta's popping out of the woodwork every moment around here.}

But Thenderbolt - , holds position waiting to see if 'Ghost' will answer his question or avoid the subject of what he knows {if anything} about the goings on in Jonesville.
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2012 at 3:16pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #65 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Ghost
looks curiously at Rampart, "I'm......not sure I've met you before, though you do seem familiar.  (then quietly, to Rampart only) "Is there any way you could have known my great grandfather?"

Ghost thinks to himself 'The math doesn't seem right, there's no way he could have known my great-grandfather; he's been dead for decades!'

Ghost then turns to Thunderbolt "I've just arrived here myself and was beginning to think things were strange when I noticed you all arriving"
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2012 at 3:35pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #66 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt nods accepting the reply and seeming to relax a slight bit, then get a very inquisitive expression.

"I take it you are incorporeal?  I'm having trouble sensing you with my Radar Sense... your not solid enough... less than cloud of vapor as I can pick that up as an object tenuous as clouds are.  Fascinating... that's a neat trick you have there... talking I mean.  If you're not interacting with normal matter how are you stimulating air with your vocal cords to make sound... even more how do you breath if your not interacting with 3 dimensional matter around you?"
Then he realizes he's let his mind run away with him again, and smiles a little sheepishly , "...er ahah... sorry another time perhaps.  Scientific curiosity can be a real burden sometimes... nice to meet you!  Do you know Rampart?"

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #67 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Ghost doesn't sound very sure of himself when he answers, "I've a small bit of medical knowledge myself, and I have to tell you that some of my ghostly abilities don't....follow the normal rules and laws of physics...or anatomy."

"As for Rampart...he seems familiar, but please understand that I'm not trying to be...evasive when I say that I'm not really sure.  These abilities and 'powers' I have are quite new to me, and I'm not quite sure exactly how they work entirely.  I'll, uh....have to explain more later...when we have more time."

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #68 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
A small shake of his head at this younger 'Ghost' little revelations of his background spurs Rampart to give the apparent great grandson some small advice. "Ghost it's a pleasure to meet you. If you like we can talk about that other thing ... later ... " Lifting off the ground a few feet as he prepares to resume his overwatch position, " ... until then ... be careful."

Flying over to Power Chord and the other Protectors, Rampart addresses the Team leader. "You know ... when this is all over, we all ought to have a nice chat over a steak and a few beers. Unless you have other ideas I'll head back upstairs and keep an eye on things." Turning his head slightly to Ghost. "Up to you of course, but I trust him."

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #69 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
Glancing around at the collection of Meta's, Power Chord moves toward the latest arrival.

"Welcome Ghost, we are actually working with the BSI, and came to investigate some meteoric activity nearby.  We've just met up with our team member here," pointing toward

"We were about to get an update from him as to what's been going on around here, but perhaps you have some information?"

Power Chord will observe Ghosts mannerisms and body language to determine if he appears to be truthful, but will not cast any spells or investigate the new comer magically. Skill use, detect deception, and linguistics to determine where/when he might be from.  

No need to cause an incident he thinks to himself. 
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2012 at 8:16pm by Hammer »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #70 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
Majestic wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 6:10pm:
Ghost doesn't sound very sure of himself when he answers, "I've a small bit of medical knowledge myself, and I have to tell you that some of my ghostly abilities don't....follow the normal rules and laws of physics...or anatomy."

"As for Rampart...he seems familiar, but please understand that I'm not trying to be...evasive when I say that I'm not really sure.  These abilities and 'powers' I have are quite new to me, and I'm not quite sure exactly how they work entirely.  I'll, uh....have to explain more later...when we have more time."

Thunderbolt - smiles,"Hahaha! Yeah, Its no biggie Ghost!  I break several laws of physics as well - I create magnetic fields powerful enough to wipe any human nervous system clean AND I generate high amperage electricity with enough current to fry human flesh to blackened charcoal embers... yet I do both with my bare hands with no ill effects.  You figure THAT one out!"

"Anyways Welcome to the 'party'!"

Thunderbolt goes silent letting Power Chord - , continue and organize things.  Looking up to see Rampart - , he figures he's got the air coverage pretty-much handled and holds position waiting for direction from Power Chord.
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2012 at 10:48am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #71 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
Ghost answers Power Chord, "Something does seem a bit 'off' around here.  The locals seem to be kind of clueless and out of it, and I haven't seen any normal wildlife, even birds.  I did spot a research team from ECU and hear some strange noises at night, but haven't figured out what caused them yet."

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #72 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Where and when did you spot the ECU research team? Were they alright?What were they doing?

Machinist starts to discreetly convert his scanner into a force field projector.
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2012 at 2:54pm by The Cougar »  

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #73 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Ghost turns to Machinist , "I only saw them briefly, earlier today, and it was in town near their van, which was parked along the side of the road.  They seemed alright; they were setting up some of that fancy equipment of theirs."

« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2012 at 5:46pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #74 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 1:35am
Print Post  
Majestic wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 at 5:41pm:
Ghost - "I only saw them briefly, earlier today, and it was in town near their van, which was parked along the side of the road.  They seemed alright; they were setting up some of that fancy equipment of theirs."

Thunderbolt - asks, "...Could you lead us to where you saw the Van Ghost?  That would be a good place to start our search for the ECU students..."

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #75 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 10:05am
Print Post  
"Agreed, let's start there."

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #76 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 11:45am
Print Post  
I only saw them briefly, earlier today, and it was in town near their van, which was parked along the side of the road.  They seemed alright; they were setting up some of that fancy equipment of theirs."

Wrong Answer!!

Machinist fires his Force Field Projector at Ghost.

Skyhawk reported the ECU team weren't anywhere near their van or camp long before you would have seen them!!!

Thunderbolt was right you are leading us into a trap!

Now tell me the truth!

WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE ECU STUDENTS!

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #77 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt - , hears Machinist's - ,  accusation and raises an eyebrow... not discounting his conflicting information. 

Thunderbolt - , floats over to Machinist - , maintaining his flight altitude and unfolding his arms ready for action - taking a defensive position 10'ft in front of and above the gadgeteer ready to deflect any potential attack directed at Machinist - ,  but not taking his eyes off Ghost - .

Thunderbolt - , speaks but does not turn his gaze away Ghost - ,while he addresses Skyhawk - , "Well Skyhawk... does that mismatch your facts?  Is this a misunderstanding or a deliberate deception?"

Thunderbolt - , Addressing Ghost - , "Are you certain of your facts or were you generalizing?  What exactly did you see, where and when...?"
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2012 at 2:25am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #78 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
OOC: Takes place prior to Machinist attack on the Ghost.

Still floating beside the Protectors three founding members Rampart listens to their exchange with the Ghost "Agreed, let's start there."

" ... and what about tracking the BSI signal? Do you want to split into two groups again?" All the time Jason watches as Machinist is 'discreetly' deconstructing and constructing something with the multitude of spare equipment that seems to hang from every possible hook and strap on his body What's he up to?
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2012 at 3:18pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #79 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Ghost looks straight back at Machinist , then over to Thunderbolt

, "Whoah! Hold on...what do you mean?  I told you exactly what I know and what I saw...there were these four people, one older dude, two guys, and a girl, and they were setting up electronic equipment.  They looked like they were taking some sort of readings.  They were right where I told you they were, in town, next to their van, which was parked along the side of the road."

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #80 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Skyhawk retells the events that transpired in chronological order. He tries to ensure that he doesn't forget anything.

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #81 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 2:35am
Print Post  
Thunderbolt - , replies after listening to Ghost's - , sincerity - "Ok, this may be an issue of timing, perhaps Ghost saw the ECU students and professor before Skyhawk did... "

Glancing Skyhawk's - , direction Thunderbolt - , asks calmly,
"Skyhawk, do you remember about what time you spotted the ECU students?  Don't say what time you saw them.. just yes or no do you recall about what time?"
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2012 at 2:36am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #82 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 9:41am
Print Post  
Skyhawk replies. "I never  saw them, just their camp site, which seemed to have been recently occupied."

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #83 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Wrong Answer!!

Machinist fires his Force Field Projector at the Ghost.

Seeing the beam of kinetic energy fired off Rampart quickly tries to interpose himself between the two before the paranoid gadgeteer can get off another shot.

. "Whoa, hold on there. The kid hasn't made an aggressive move. Do you see anyone attacking anyone around here beside you. Put that thing down and give the kid a chance."

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #84 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 2:04am
Print Post  
Thunderbolt floats down to about 5'ft off the ground turning to Machinist - , effectively moving to Rampart's - side.

Thunderbolt - says,"Uhm.. I agree with Rampart on this... Machinist.  I think this is only a case of mistaken wording and timing.  Clearly Skyhawk says he only saw their camp outside town but Ghost saw them in-town.  We have no idea who saw which first.  I think he's being honest too.."

"Besides... we're wary of the possibility of trap... that's the first part in avoiding falling into one.  And if it does turn out to be a trap... we are all capable and I think we can handle a few unexpected surprises.  If things gets to hot... Power Chord can port us out... Rampart almost flies as fast as the Thunderwing... don't worry... we got this!"

"We know something fishy is going on here and these townspeople and the ECU students and professor may need our help... we're not going to leave so... trap or no... we'll find out soon enough."

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #85 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 9:44am
Print Post  
looks to and .

So the newcomers are teaming up. Smells more like a trap as each of them speaks.

shows up and his only endorsement is from a man I don't trust at all.

Now
   and    just show up to "help" us.

What about you?

C'mon its now your turn to tell us to trust that this stranger is telling the truth while it is IMPOSSIBLE for him to beat Skyhawk to the ECU site while the students were still there but then never notice that they later disappeared!

Its okay Diesel, I can tell that Thunderbolt has been manipulating you. Thunderbolt used you to be the delay while Ghost was kidnapping the ECU students.

Let me guess, you haven't heard from Thunderbolt for weeks then all of a sudden he calls you telling you to show up at BSI HQ.

Never told you why either, I bet.

Am I right?
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2012 at 9:57am by The Cougar »  

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #86 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 11:43am
Print Post  
says,"Uhm.. I agree with Rampart . . ."

His eyes on Machinist Rampart holds his empty hands out in sign of surrender and glances at Thunderbolt. "You ... Quiet. You're not helping. You talk too much."

"Machinist ... I understand you're caution, but you trust Power Chord, right? Follow his lead. You need to put the weapon down before you start something that will only end badly."

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #87 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt - is... shocked at the seemingly paranoid delusional tirade of Machinist - coupled with Rampart's - rudeness he is done arguing with the two.

"I may indeed speak a lot its because I believe dialogue is the best way to resolve misunderstandings and differences of opinion where a peaceful resolution is possible instead of talking with one's fists or resorting to - no matter how politely worded or subtly couched, veiled threats.  I've spoken with calm and reason but it seems Machinist is beyond such."

Thunderbolt - lands tired of the silliness. 

{Never argue with a madman... it makes you the fool...}

He walked away from the two over to Power Chord - , "Its your call Power Chord if you want trust Ghost or not... but at least with us we can watch him If... and I do mean if he is up to no good but I honestly doubt that.  But Machinist... ah .. he's your teammate.  Is he always like this?"

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #88 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Facing "Mac's always been a character, but he's had my back a time or two, and if he's feels there's a reason for concern, I'd tend to listen to him."

To the rest of the team, "I do agree, I'm sure we can work this out.  Ghost has made no physical threat, but with his obvious ethereal state, I don't consider a little precaution unwise."

To "How is it you feel you know this character?  Could he be some kind of dopelganger?"

To "I believe you said the townsfolk were acting peculiar?  Can you tell us a little more about that?

To "Son, if you are truly here to help, I apologize, but if you have any intentions of duping us, I assure you, you have chosen the wrong people to interfere with.  I think we're going to need to know a little more about you.  The Machinist and I have a very special connection to ECU, and if anything has happened to those students, someone is going to pay."

« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2012 at 8:26pm by Hammer »  

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #89 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
"How is it you feel you know this character?  Could he be some kind of doppelganger?"

"Power Chord ... are you ready to reciprocate the level of trust you are asking for?"

"You may not trust Mr. Smith and I can't blame anyone for that but Agent Woo also has vouched for my bonafides."

"Could Ghost be a doppleganger? Yes, but the same could be said of Skyhawk after being out of contact for so long."
Looking at the recently arrived hero. "No offense son, just making a point."

"You can't ask this Ghost to reveal his secrets unless you're willing to do the same. Don't let one man's fears define our actions here today."

Turning back to the Machinist, Rampart settles to the ground and walks over to him, so close that the barrel of the energy projector is dead in his chest. leaning over the barrel. Closer so his face is inches away from the tool-clad hero and whispers, "You were right. I'm from 1987. Six months ago I was a flying F-16s. My jet gets hit by some super-powered terrorist  ... and now I'm stuck playing hero, because the Guardians are missing and the President asked for our help."

"Give the kid a chance or pull the trigger 'Mac' ."
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2012 at 1:50pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #90 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
The Machinist stares visor to goggles with Rampart as he waits for the others to answer Power Chord's questions.
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2012 at 9:40pm by The Cougar »  

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #91 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 1:45am
Print Post  
The Cougar wrote on Oct 8th, 2012 at 9:44am:
Its okay Diesel, I can tell that Thunderbolt has been manipulating you. Thunderbolt used you to be the delay while Ghost was kidnapping the ECU students.

Let me guess, you haven't heard from Thunderbolt for weeks then all of a sudden he calls you telling you to show up at BSI HQ.

Never told you why either, I bet.

Am I right?[/color]

"Hmm, you're clever but not necessarily smart. Thunderbolt has not 'manipulated' me, but I don't think anything I say would convince you, so I won't bother trying. Now I might suggest that you try to piece together your timeline a little bit better before accusing people of certain things. What I won't stand for is watching someone just lash without warning. Do you really think that he is that much of a threat that you need to attack him in such a cowardly fashion?"

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #92 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Hammer wrote on Oct 8th, 2012 at 8:23pm:
"Mac's always been a character, but he's had my back a time or two, and if he's feels there's a reason for concern, I'd tend to listen to him."

Thunderbolt - nods smiling slightly, "That was my impression as well and I was initially prepared to back him as well trusting to his field experience... but I felt with Skyhawk's and Ghost's stories it seemed perfectly understandable that they saw the ECU students in different places at different times..."

Thunderbolt - goes silent watching as Power Chord - takes charge of the situation with reason, wariness and calm politeness.

He smiles duly impressed... again by the maturity and professionalism of the Protector's Team leader.

Leaning close he whispers to Power Chord, "...nicely done! You got my vote as leader... nice working with a experienced superhero."

Thunderbolt walks over near Diesel - , "Hey it's cool Diesel, Machinist is only concerned about the safety of his Team and the ECU students.  We ARE the new unknowns here and he didn't attack Ghost with anything obviously lethal, at least...", Thinking, {I hope. Ghost is ghost-like it could have just passed through him.  But there is no collateral damage evident...} "... not that I agree with him attacking anyone not clearly Identified as a threat, but I think he could have done far worse if he had chosen to.  We don't want to antagonize anyone here, so let's let Power Chord reason this out."
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2012 at 11:18am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #93 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Fair enough. Diesel holds up his hands and walks away. Facing the other direction he is still listening intently but is now scanning the area for anything else out of the ordinary.

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #94 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt - , nods in acceptance, inwardly grateful of Diesel's - , support and makes a mental note to thank him later.

Thunderbolt - finally looks over at the apparent stand off between Rampart - , and Machinist - and frowns at the battle of wills thinking, {THAT is, 'not being helpful'!  I guess someone else got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning other than just Machinist...}

"Power Chord, I'm going to get airborne and give us some air surveillance while this is being resolved... my Radar Sense can't penetrate all these trees very far down here anyways.  But Ghost is right... there have been no birds or any wildlife 'ping' on my Radar... that's definitely "not good"!  I won't be any higher than yelling range."

The magnetic field surround him and again Thunderbolt takes flight ascending to a height of about 70'ft.  He concentrates on his Radar Senses and maintains his defensive powers ready to deflect any incoming attack.

[Observation, Detect hidden, and Detect Danger - on watch]
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2012 at 12:14pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #95 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Ghost speaks, but quietly, "Uhhh...guys, I'm really not here to create any problems or to cause a fight.  I'd just like to help, because I think there's something strange going on in this neck of the woods.  Mr....is it Rampart,...thanks so much for standing up for me.  I really do appreciate it!  What can I do or say that will allow the rest of you to believe me?  I could take you to the location of where I saw the students, if you'd like?"

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #96 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Fine ... Ghost lead on.

but I don't want to hear anymore more talk about traps if we are going to trust anyone who jumps out and yells 'BOO!'

Machinist lowers his projector. He walks away from Rampart. Following the team from the rear.

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #97 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
Skyhawk flies above the group and towards the rear.

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #98 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
Watching Machinist walk away, Rampart takes a breath, nods at Power Chord. He understood the gadgeteer's caution from his own experiences. Just not the intensity. Looking up at Thunderbolt and Starhawk taking up aerial positions, Their positions are a bit low and too tight, but they both have the right idea. There's potential here if we don't kill each other first.

Walking over to Ghost , Jason shakes the young man's hand and places the other on his shoulder. "Don't worry about it. Just stay focused on why you put that costume on in the first place and you'll do fine. You don't mind if I join you as we head that way do you?" Jason smiles and good naturedly raps the young man in the shoulder with his fist, " ... and we can talk while they stare at our backsides"
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2012 at 6:44pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #99 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
Ghost takes a deep breath and seems to be relieved as he addresses Rampart (privately, to Rampart only) , "For some reason I feel much more at ease with you; I don't know what it is, but I get a sense of deja' vu every time you speak.  I'd be honored for you to join me!" 

To everyone: "I'll take you to where I saw them!"

With that Ghost turns and floats away, at a pace that's easy for everyone to follow...

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #100 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
Seeing the team apparently get some resolution and begin to move Thunderbolt - , gestures to Skyhawk - to take Aerial cover point while he brings up the rear with high Radar cover.

Achilles and Skyhawk - , should have a wider sweep of surveillance than just Thunderbolt's - , radar sense looking all directions at once... plus he can make sure with his wide angel radar that nothing is sneaking up on them from behind.

Thunderbolt follows keeping high guard overwatch.

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #101 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Skyhawk lands next to Power Chord and says "Has there been a change in leadership that I am not aware of? The new guy is directing me to fly toward the front. I don't know this guy, so do you want me to follow him or you?"
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2012 at 11:52am by dsumner »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #102 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
Hawk wrote on Oct 10th, 2012 at 7:07pm:
Skyhawk lands next to Power Chord and says "Has there been a change in leadership that I am not aware of? The new guy is directing me to fly toward the front. I don't know this guy, so do you want me to follow him or you?"

Seeing Skyhawk - , land confuses Thunderbolt - , so he flies in to land next to Power Chord - , "Sorry think I confused you Skyhawk... the radios are not working and I didn't want to yell.  The party is moving into the trees and my Radar Sense won't work well there... I'll be limited to sight range, you at least have two pairs of eyes with you and your bird... amazing construction I might add!  So I was going to take rear high guard if you would take point...or I can take point and your rear high guard if you prefer that instead?  It just didn't make sense for us both to cover the same aerial flank.. unless you were not flying to provide air surveillance like it seemed?  How do you want to cover the aerial overwatch of the party as we seek the ECU students?"
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2012 at 11:54am by dsumner »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #103 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
GM to Skyhawk: As you all begin to move off, you get a garbled message from Achilles.

"....zzzz, approach...zzz, possible..zzz"

GM to T-Bolt: You feel a slight change in the atmospheric conditions around you, as the amount of static electricity increases.

GM to the group: You all hear a low level whine, which seems to be coming from multiple directions, as well as bright flashes of light, and then you see them.

Large mechanical constructs, some sort of robots, which seem to have appeared out of nowhere, are suddenly all around you, roughly a dozen shapes, and they're rapidly advancing on you location.

Actions?

YIM  
IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #104 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 6:10pm
Print Post  

Diesel activates his Flame Thrower as a defense and moves forward to force their hand.
"Let's see what these walking trashcans are up to."
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2012 at 6:10pm by Lord Inar »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #105 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
GM to Diesel: As you move forward, a bluish beam flashes across your body, and one of the robots speaks, and a strangely electronic tone.

"Hu...mon re...sis..tance will re..sult in your de...struc...tion. "

As it does, the others began maneuvering into a rough circle around the group.

YIM  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #106 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Hearing the sound of a flame thrower lighting up, Rampart takes a quick look back from the robots that are heading his and the Ghost direction. No ... "Don't! We need a plan!" Rampart twist and turns, his head on a swivel as if he were in a dogfight.

Those legs look like they're built for speed but I don't see any obvious flight equipment. If we can break this circle. String them out. We might turn around the numbers advantage.

OOC: Rampart will spend his first action "evading" any robot attack and use his Weakness Detection against our mechanoid adversaries.
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2012 at 10:46pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #107 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Adjusting his flight path, Skyhawk thinks to Achilles. "Give me a full scan on these Mr. Robotos, what can you tell me about them." He will withhold blasting them until we have a plan, or they attack one of us.

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #108 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
"Try to out flank them, You should be able to get around behind them from the air."

"Using your abilities, can you tell if they are machines or some kind of Aliens in suits?  I'd think you'd be well equiped to handle robots."

"I'm thinking we might find a good use for that Force Field Projector you slapped together, can you set it to project over an area?

"Go in the opposite direction of Skyhawk?  I'm thinking a couple of Hammers to the sides, and we'll be the anvil if needed."

"Stay between them and the team if you can.  It looks like you can probably take a hit better than most of us."

"As I'm unaware of your abilities, I'll trust you to be where you need to be in this conflict.

To everyone, "I know I for one have no intention of being destroyed."

Power Chord will cast Forcefield around himself, and prepare Power Blast if the Robots act in a hostile manner.

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #109 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
Skyhawk replies "Will do."

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #110 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
Hammer wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 8:27pm:
"Stay between them and the team if you can.  It looks like you can probably take a hit better than most of us."

"That's my plan. I won't hit them first, but I will hit back."

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #111 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
Sensing the static electric increase in the air from the approaching foes an instant before they arrived Thunderbolt - , takes flight to a height of about 15'ft near head level of the the surrounding mechanic targets...

His electric and magnetic sheath flare into existence arcing lighting in a regular pulsing pattern around his flying form...

Thunderbolt - , "Understood Power Chord scanning now..."

Thunderbolt focuses his Radar Sense on a single target doing a Deep Radar Scan not to see inside but to measures material density to determine if it is metal all the way through the foe... seeking any indication they are a completely mechanical construct...

[No Action {I Think at least so?}:  Using Radar Sense to do a Deep penetrating Radar Scan of the Target;  Observation check?]

Thunderbolt - , speaks to Power Chord - , "We need to break this ambush circle or they'll just barrage us like sitting targets!  I've got a plan to do just that... but it will take teamwork - Me, Anvil and Rampart... and its... erm... a bit aggressive!  I think them shooting beams of energy at us is a clear sign talking is not on the table.  But its your call Power Chord!"

[Holding Actions - Using Electrical Control- Electrify body as Defense]
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2012 at 8:59am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #112 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 8:51am
Print Post  
Roger Power Chord, consider it ready. Do I cover us or them?

Machinist modifies his Force Field Projector to cover an circular area. When ready and on Power Chord's signal he will create a protective bubble over the area Power Chord tells him to.
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2012 at 8:58am by The Cougar »  

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #113 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Ghost is more or less staying where he is, hoping to draw some fire from the mechanical opponents.  He will evade first chance he gets, but is floating/darting about in the same general area.
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2012 at 1:19am by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #114 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
"I don't want us surrounded.  If you can prevent them from getting behnd us, or separate some of them like you did Ghost, go for it."

"Thunderbolt, I think you're right, a threat of destruction is enough.  Do your worst."

With that, Power Chord will releast twin bolts of mystic energy at two of the metal clad menaces.

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #115 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt - , nods given the go-ahead by Power Chord - to enact his plan.

"Diesel - , ready your hammer... I'm going to 'fastball special' you at target 12 O'clock of us, 'Batter-up' for the pitch!"

Thunderbolt gestures and a single, metal Kyogetu-Shoge snakes out of his duster pocket on its woven cable cord moving to Diesel and wrapping around his armored waist to lock the hooked end to the cable itself.

"Rampart - ...after I've pitched Diesel - ... grab the Kyogetsu cable and swing Diesel 'around the world' at all the targets.  I'll magnetically keep him facing them on the cable so they can all eat some hammer sandwich when he swings!  Don't worry the cable is 4,000lbs capacity - won't snap."

The weighted end of the Kyogetsu-Shoge also snakes out of his duster pocket with the rest of the 80'ft cable to coil in the air just within reach of Rampart ready to take hold of.

"Everyone else... duck or fly up out of the way... when Rampart swing the cable!"

Thunderbolt Gestures at Diesel and he lifts off the ground as magnetic fields enwrap him...

Thinking, {This should knock a good number of them flat and take one out immediately... I hope.  Should stop them initiating a circle barrage of weapons-fire on us all... theoretically that is...}

"Here's the wind-up... and the Pitch!  HAMMER TIME!!!"

2 actions: [Action 1# Manipulate metallic objects - Kyogetsu {2lbs}; Action 2# Magnetic Blast - 170lb object {Diesel} leaving 1,528lbs capacity for a Velocity of 153" producing +2d8 damage on hit + Diesel's attack with Hammer etc... {Thunderbolt's bonus to hit: +1 weight of object, +2 Acc, +4 all weapons & powers - On HTH chart; Total +7~ approx.}]
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2012 at 11:02pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #116 - Oct 17th, 2012 at 12:46am
Print Post  
Skyhawk fires at the closest droid. "Eat it C-creep-e-o."He states.

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #117 - Oct 17th, 2012 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Machinist moved to place his back to Power Chord's back. He fired his Force Field projects at the Robots that are in front of him.

OOC: He is trying to capture 2 in the Force Field, 3 at the most.

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #118 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
"This might not wooooooork!" as Diesel flies through the air!

[OOC: The armor does weigh something (I never figured out what) so that might lower your leftover CC a bit]
« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2012 at 5:03pm by Lord Inar »  

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #119 - Oct 24th, 2012 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
OOC: Rampart hasn’t used a dialogue, to speak of yet, so . . .

“  . . . Don’t  We need a plan!”

“Go in the opposite direction of Skyhawk? I’m thinking a couple Hammers to the sides, and we’ll be the anvil if needed.”

Splitting forces when we are already out numbered? Hopefully we have the superior firepower. Giving the Protector's cloaked leader the thumbs up, Rampart shakes off Thunderbolt’s complex plan and follows Power Chord’s initial instructions for him to slip the circle of mechanoids. Taking off in the opposite direction of Skyhawk, he dodges and weaves, slipping side to side as he flies over and around the mechanoids. Rampart studies the opposition closely as he makes his way over and outside the circle. Obviously high tech … humanoid in appearance … indicates bi-ped designer … sensors should be in the head, power supply in the chest … Those thin hips and cantered legs definitely aren’t human inspired … animalistic, designed for speed and power.

As he breaks the circle, Rampart quickly checks the direction the mechanoids used to surround the others. Indentations from their paths in the ground should give me an indication if they are heavily constructed robots . . . or maybe something entirely different.

OOC: Crap, just realized, I still didn't give him any dialogue. lol
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2012 at 8:35pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #120 - Oct 29th, 2012 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
GM to the group:

As it stands right, you all are in a small circular clearing approximately 5" x 5" wide. With light brush and trees surrounding you. The robots hold positions roughly equal to clock positions, and are rough 15" from you.

Everyone is at full power and HP with the following exceptions.

Power Chord - Organizing the team's defense, Force Field spell up, working on Power Blast spell.  No actions left.

Rampart - In flight, evading, while holding an action, and observing the robots (or at least that's what I'm getting from your description, if I'm wrong, let me know). 2 actions remaining.

Skyhawk - In flight, receiving the data from Achilles scan, which is a bit confusing, as the results aren't quite what he expected. He's getting conflicting information, while he's expect them to be mechanical, he's also picking up a bio signature. Firing his Power Blast, he strikes the one at 3 O'clock for a whooping 8 points of damage. No actions remaining.

T-bolt - He can definitely sense the robots, and instantly knows they're not constructed of metal, but not much more, as their forms are to alien for him. Using his magnetic abilities to propel Diesel at one of the robots. No actions remaining.

The Machinist - has made a modification to his FF projector, which has now expanded its reach to encompass (2) two or the robots, he ones at 4 & 5 O'clock (but also limiting the amount of damage it can defend against before collapsing). 1 action remaining.

Ghost - Holding fast, waiting for an opportunity to evade. 1 action remaining.

Diesel - Was Holding his action, while using his body as a shield to black any attacks directed at the group. Now being maneuvered to strike one of the robots, and misses.

Once you all have initiated your attacks, the robots counter attack.

The robot at 12 O'clock fires on T-bolt, striking him with an energy beam for 11 points of damage (which is absorbed by his armor) ADR now 41 (as it's got an AR of 4).

The Robots at the 4&5 O'clock position move in on the Machinist, and fire on him, Robot #4 misses, while robot #5 hits for 9 points damage. Do you want to roll with it?

Robots 10 & 11 fire on Skyhawk and miss, while Robots 6&7 fire on Rampart. Robot 6 hits, for 12 Points of damage (let me know how you want to handle it) while robot 7 misses.

Robot 8 fires on Ghost and hits, but his "ghost mode" allows the shot to harmlessly pass through him.

Robots, 1,2 move toward Power Chord, while Robot #3 fires on him, hitting his FF or 7 points of damage.

Actions gents.

YIM  
IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #121 - Oct 29th, 2012 at 4:57pm
Print Post  

Over his intercom Diesel says "Nice idea, T-bolt, but I think I need a little more practice before we try that again."

Did Diesel go flying past the robots or did he run into one but didn't do any damage? If he hit one, which one?

Out loud Diesel says, "OK transformers, this human is now resisting!"

Power Chord looks in the most trouble, so Diesel will try to use his flamethrower on one of them if he can get there.

« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2012 at 5:04pm by Lord Inar »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #122 - Oct 29th, 2012 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt - , twists in mid-air trying to avoid the energy blast, "Arrrg... that stung!!! Ok... must have mistaken a scan beam for an attack... but they didn't seem interested in peaceful dialogue..."

Shifting his flight to a more defensive erratic movement jinking in the air he watches the... aliens react and alters his tactics.

"Nothing ventured nothing gained Diesel - , ...yeah more practice.  Stand tall...!  This is far from over!"

Addressing Power Chord - , "Scan complete, 'Deep Radar' confirms... they are Not robots, they are creatures of a... non-terrestrial origin... and their suits are not made of metal."

OOC:  Opps ! LOL! Sorry guys missed the part that it is still the first turn as there are people with unresolved actions!  Thanks for the heads up Ranger! Smiley  I'll save those actions for my next turn! My goof!
« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2012 at 11:42pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #123 - Oct 29th, 2012 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Oct 29th, 2012 at 2:25pm:
GM to Rampart: In flight, evading, while holding an action, and observing the robots (or at least that's what I'm getting from your description, if I'm wrong, let me know). 2 actions remaining.

OOC: Pardon me if it takes me a while to see how you run the combat Turns Dom. Rampart was in Flight (PR1) using the Evasion rule (-8 to be hit) and his Weakness Detection (required a Tactics Skill Roll which would = +5 to hit and discover 1 Weakness).

If he has the 2 actions available he will rip a tree out by it's roots (Earth: SR4 / Hard Wood: SR3) as 1 action and use it as a GIANT club and smash it down (action 2) on opponents #6 & #7.

Species: Hickory, Shagbark.
Small End Diameter: 36 inches, Large End Diameter: 36 inches, Length: 18 ft.
Estimated Weight: 8,905      Estimated Weight subtotal: 11,542

Or something in that ballpark would give him an additional +4 to hit and his HtH 2d10 plus an additional 2d10 (4d10 total) potential damage. Half of that would be same "to hit" bonus w/ +2d8 damage bonus. Will PM you about the Damage to Rampart.
« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2012 at 8:34pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #124 - Oct 29th, 2012 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
Power Chord, Scan shows that these visitors are giving off a Bio signal.
Maybe these aren't robots or aliens in suits. I wonder if this is just what this life form looks like.
Skyhawk will continue to fly evasive, and will hold his next attack until PC gives an updated order.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #125 - Oct 30th, 2012 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Ghost will use an action to evade (if he hasn't already).  If he has a second action (and assuming he hears this chatter about them being non-robots), he'll attempt to blast one (whichever one is closest to him).

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #126 - Oct 30th, 2012 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Machinist rolls with the damage. "Ugh"

He mentally reaches out. Parts start floating from his suit as he creates a tangler grenade (use of remaining action).

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #127 - Oct 30th, 2012 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Power Chord will yell to the team, using his powers to amplify his voice, "I think it's hammer time.  Try to work together, one down is worth two damaged."

With that, he will unleash a Ball Lightning spell at the robot next to the one Skyhawk hit, hoping it will hit the ones on each side as well.   His goal is to ensure they are hitting the same robot from multiple directions.

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #128 - Oct 30th, 2012 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
With Power Chord giving the go ahead, Skyhawk will unleash another blast on the Robo-alien he previously hit.

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #129 - Oct 31st, 2012 at 12:47am
Print Post  
No problem TB, just trying to help.

Overhearing Thunderbolt's report to Power Chord, Non-terrestrial? How the hell did the kid figure that out? Rampart pulls the the huge old hickory from the ground, it's roots ripping from the loose earth. He smiles as the three core Protector's teamwork starts to become evident. "Excellent" Lining up two of the 'robo-aliens' ... aliens, huh? and a smile grows wider on his red, white and blue masked face. PC wants 'hammer time', I'll do my best to oblige. And Rampart brings the old massive hickory down with the overhead swing of a lumberjack.

Whoump

The ground shakes, dirt and dust flying in the air, temporarily blinding the aerial hero. Can't see a thing, did I hit?

« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2012 at 12:57am by Ranger »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #130 - Nov 8th, 2012 at 3:42am
Print Post  
GM to the group

Ghost - Evading

Skyhawk - Firing in an attempt to strike his previous target, hit him square in the head for a solid 14 points of damage, blowing of part of its armored head. At which point, its now severely damaged husk, falls to the ground exposing its inner working, and what appears to be circulatory system of some type. 

Rampart - Swinging with his improvised club, Rampart swings like a baseball player of old, only to come up short, just missing his intended target, and and drawing the attention of the Robot. Who fires a beam of energy at Rampart, while the beam misses, you can feel the heat as it passes by your face.

The Machinist - Rolling with the blow, you quickly assume a defensive position, and shake off the effects of the strikes. Currently assembling a grenade.

T-Bolt - Dodging and weaving, notices that he's drawn the attention of two of the robots, who seem to be trying to draw a beed on him, but are having difficulty. Both fire on him, and miss.

Power Chord - A bright glow forms around your hands before a ball of electrical energy that strikes for 12 points of damage, on it's primary target, with a massive ZZZZZZZ!!!! and sending it stumbling backward, and misses any secondary targets.

Diesel - After missing his target, lands safely along the edge of the treeline, and begins scanning for possible threats. The hairs on the back of his neck stand up (a successful detect danger roll), allow him to narrowly miss a shot aimed at his back by the robot he'd just tried to hit.

Actions?

YIM  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #131 - Nov 8th, 2012 at 3:59am
Print Post  
Crap, as the dust clears and the podbot's beam passes past his cheek. Well ... Grampie always said "If at first you don't succeed, try try again."

Lifting the makeshift club Rampart makes another attempt to crush a couple of the 'robots' underneath the huge hickory.

OOC: Hey Dom, what if anything did Rampart's Weakness Detection come up with?
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2012 at 10:52am by Ranger »  

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #132 - Nov 8th, 2012 at 10:07am
Print Post  
The Machinist evades as he assembles his grenade. He will throw it at a weakened PodBot when it is ready.

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #133 - Nov 8th, 2012 at 10:23am
Print Post  
, "Don't know why "ET's" here but I'd rather not kill any of them... bad for any future relations... world-wide. So lets get... creative..."

Thunderbolt - , gestures first at Diesel - , moving him back to the party and near the 12 O'clock position alien bot he missed to which Thunderbolt, in flight, joins Diesel.  Then he gestures at the nearby Alien suit and the hovering Weighted-End of the 80'ft long coiled Kyogetsu-Shoge cable still secured around Diesel's waist lashes out at the suit but not to strike for damage but to wrap around its waist in an attempt to pick it up off the ground.  Thunderbolt maneuvers in close to the alien warrior turning the suit completely away from himself with his metal coiled grip so he cannot be easily targeted by it's weapons systems and uses the held alien as a literal 'body' shield to parry any further incoming weapons fire.  Thunderbolt is maintaining his evasive flight maneuvering and keeps adjusting the position of the alien battlesuit - should the alien try to twist around to aim a weapon at Thunderbolt or Diesel. 

This close he can still support whatever Diesel - , decides to do and does not release his lock on the Diesel powered battlesuit though he exerts no effort to restrain any of Diesel's subsequent movement or actions... merely regrouping the team from the missed fastball special. 

2 actions: [Action 1# = Evade -6 all incoming attacks; Movement = Fly to Diesel's side & Move Manipulate metallic objects - Kyogetsu & Diesel {172lbs + Alien Suit's weight};  Action 2# = Strike with Kyogetsu HTH {Thunderbolt's bonus to hit: +2 Acc{Personal}, +2 Weapon Acc {Kyogetsu}, +4 all weapons & powers - On HTH chart; Total +8~ approx.}]

[OOC: By the way Dom... where 'Exactly' are the beams the bots are shooting at us coming from on their person?  Arm/Hand blasters, Shoulder mounted weapons, Head mounted weapons... where specifically?]

[EDIT: It just occurred to me that striking to pick up an enemy should be a HTH attack and thus an action... lol!]
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2012 at 5:12pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #134 - Nov 9th, 2012 at 9:24am
Print Post  
With his current target down, Skyhawk will turn his attention to  the next closest 'bot and let loose a blast of power.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #135 - Nov 9th, 2012 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Ghost will attempt to maneuver (while still evading) to get behind the bot/alien that Rampart was attempting to swat.  When he feels he has an opening, he'll shoot at the creature with his ectoplasmic attack.

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #136 - Nov 9th, 2012 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
Power Chord will unleash dual Mystic Bolts (Power Blasts) at the "bot" he hit last time, and the one the Machinist is attacking.

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #137 - Nov 14th, 2012 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Diesel will get into range and fire his flamethrower at the one who just shot at him.
« Last Edit: Nov 14th, 2012 at 6:34pm by Lord Inar »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #138 - Nov 16th, 2012 at 11:32am
Print Post  
Lord Inar wrote on Nov 14th, 2012 at 6:34pm:
Diesel will get into range and fire his flamethrower at the one who just shot at him.

Thunderbolt - , will keep pace with Diesel - , supporting him as "wingman" using his 'body shield' if he was successful in snatching up the alien suit to parry for himself or any attacks directed at Diesel.

[ooc:  Thunderbolt should have plenty of flight movement to keep pace with Diesel]
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2012 at 11:34am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #139 - Nov 19th, 2012 at 8:35am
Print Post  
So, is everyone good to go? Last call, before I post my replies.

YIM  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #140 - Nov 20th, 2012 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Rampart shifts the old hickory he had just ripped from its roots and repositions the thick trunk in his hands for a better hold. A bit like his baseball hero, Barry Bonds, he wiggles the gnarled old tree over his left shoulder and BAM ... BamBam ... BAM.

OOC: yep good to go Wink
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2012 at 6:03pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #141 - Nov 21st, 2012 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
Flame on!

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #142 - Nov 22nd, 2012 at 4:18am
Print Post  
Shoot!

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #143 - Nov 22nd, 2012 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Okay, I'll get to this some time today. Really, honest, and all that.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #144 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 12:24am
Print Post  
First off gents, sorry for the extended delay, but between work, the military, and other real life concerns, I've just been really busy the past few weeks. On top of that, I’ve been getting sidetracked working on some other gaming stuff. I had to take a few down days just to recover, and get some much needed sleep, as it has been in short supply the past few days. But with that said, let’s get back to the action.

GM Replies

Ghost – While maneuvering to attack on of the Robots, narrowly evades the stumbling machine, as it tumbles toward the ground. He watches curiously as the light in its eyes fades out. And he notices something, while the eye's initial appeared to be electronic, as the light fades, you see pupils, pupils that look human.

Rampart - Knocking the dirt and dust from his uniform, swings again, landing a solid blow on his intended target, sending it spinning into the ground. On impact, the glow from its eyes, flickers, then fades out.

Diesel - Diesel lets loose with a blast from his armor's flame thrower, striking robot #3 for 7 points of damage.

Skyhawk – Lets loose with another blast, narrowly missing his target, and striking the tree line behind them, showering the landscape with debris.

Powerchord – Unleashing a bolt of mystic energy, a mere second after The Machinist’s grenade detonates, striking Robot #5, for a staggering 14 points of damage, and causing the immobile Robot, to stagger, before falling flat on its face.   

Thunderbolt – The energy beams are being fired from their heads. The “Scan” beam was emitted from their center torso. Quick question, which Robot are you trying to strike with your Kyogetsu?

The Machinist - Quickly assembling a grenade, the Machinist throws his handy work at between Robots # 4 &5 hoping to catch both (I’m assuming that’s what you intended), within the grenade’s blast. Instead of a booming explosion, the sound of liquid splattering is heard, and both Robots are covered in a sticky goo like substance, that reduces their movement to 0".

At the same time all of this is happening, you all receive a radio transmission from the Thunderwing - “Zzzzzzz…I’m being ..zzz..don’t know by….need help…..” and the transmission fades out.

Actions?

YIM  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #145 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 12:44am
Print Post  
Rampart looks to Power Chord while shaking pieces of robo-alien from the huge hickory trunk,  "I'll go, I'm the fastest."
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2012 at 12:48am by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #146 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 7:13am
Print Post  
Thunderbolt wrote on Nov 8th, 2012 at 10:23am:
"Don't know why "ET's" here but I'd rather not kill any of them... bad for any future relations... world-wide. So lets get... creative..."

Thunderbolt - ..., gestures first at Diesel - ..., moving him back to the party and near the 12 O'clock position alien bot he missed to which Thunderbolt, in flight, joins Diesel.  Then he gestures at the nearby Alien suit and the hovering Weighted-End of the 80'ft long coiled Kyogetsu-Shoge cable still secured around Diesel's waist lashes out at the suit but not to strike for damage but to wrap around its waist in an attempt to pick it up off the ground.  Thunderbolt maneuvers in close to the alien warrior turning the suit completely away from himself with his metal coiled grip so he cannot be easily targeted by it's weapons systems and uses the held alien as a literal 'body' shield to parry any further incoming weapons fire.  Thunderbolt is maintaining his evasive flight maneuvering and keeps adjusting the position of the alien battlesuit - should the alien try to twist around to aim a weapon at Thunderbolt or Diesel.

This close he can still support whatever Diesel - ..., decides to do and does not release his lock on the Diesel powered battlesuit though he exerts no effort to restrain any of Diesel's subsequent movement or actions... merely regrouping the team from the missed fastball special.

dsumner wrote on Nov 8th, 2012 at 3:42am:
GM to the group

Diesel - After missing his target, lands safely along the edge of the treeline, and begins scanning for possible threats. The hairs on the back of his neck stand up (a successful detect danger roll), allow him to narrowly miss a shot aimed at his back by the robot he'd just tried to hit.

Actions?

Thunderbolt aimed his Kyogetsu-Shoge at the same robot Diesel fired his flamethrower at, which is the same one Thunderbolt threw Diesel at initially.

Thunderbolt -, hears the transmission and grimaces muttering, 'Which is WHY I suggested she clear this area after dropping us off!'

Louder he says, "You probably shouldn't go alone Rampart, You could take one of the Protectors fliers with you... perhaps Skyhawk?"
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2012 at 7:19am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #147 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Rampart readies his mammoth makeshift club for another swat while waiting for Power Chord's nod to go check on Izzy. Shouting back at Thunderbolt over the din of energy blast and explosions. "I'll be fine."

OOC: Rampart will use his second Action to either attack one of the bots' closest to him or max flight to the Thunderwing if Power Chord desires
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2012 at 4:59pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #148 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
OOC: You got my attack right, Dom

IC: Machinist converts his force field device back into a scanner. He will scan one of the down Podbots. While keeping his eyes open for any attacks.

OOC: Machinist's second action will be to evade.

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #149 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Dec 3rd, 2012 at 12:24am:
Diesel - Diesel lets loose with a blast from his armor's flame thrower, striking robot #3 for 7 points of damage.

Diesel shakes his head. "Sorry guys, I'm still getting used to the flamethrower." He blasts the same bot again, hoping to connect a little more strongly with it this time (can't get much worse!)
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2012 at 6:28pm by Lord Inar »  

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #150 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Skyhawk will evade, and attempt to blast one of the immobilized 'bots.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #151 - Dec 4th, 2012 at 3:43am
Print Post  
Always using his first action for evasion, Ghost will use any remaining actions to fire an ectoplasmic blast from his eyes at the 'bot closest to him.

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #152 - Dec 5th, 2012 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
OOC: Dom, we need Tom's mad map skills to keep up with all of this. Smiley  I'm trying to follow using notes, but I'm failing miserably.  I'll address the major activities without getting into the minutia if possible.  Can we get a summary of who is attacking whom from a robot point of view?  I'm showing two robots down, 3 and 5, 4 is held, 2 and 4 are damaged but not down, the rest are undamaged.  Is that accurate?

To the team, I'm getting a they have human eyes, where are the students vibe from this?

IC: Go, if you need assistance shoot off one of those flare's, radio's worthless

To the rest of the team, "We need to go non-lethal, something is going on here.  Do your best to contain them without damaging them.  We can't risk hurting innocents.

With that, He casts a hold spell on the nearest unharmed robot.

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #153 - Dec 5th, 2012 at 6:28pm
Print Post  

Diesel starts to shoot and then stops at Power Chord's urging.
"What? OK, I hope you're right!
Diesel will keep his flamethrower active to use as defense, but then switch to hitting with his hammer to inflict non-lethal damage on the one he's fighting.
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2012 at 11:52pm by Lord Inar »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #154 - Dec 5th, 2012 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
OOC: I'm still waiting to hear from Dom what effect if any I had.  Did I hit the robot Diesel has been attacking?  If so how helpless is he to subsequent attacks directed at him?

I need to know this before I post MY actions.
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2012 at 12:30am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #155 - Dec 5th, 2012 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
In response to Power Chords directions,  Shyhawk will not blast the bot's. He will get Achilles to see if he can get anymore readings from the 'bots.

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #156 - Dec 6th, 2012 at 12:48am
Print Post  
OOC: @ Hammer - So you think the droid/bots might be the missing students encased in an alien exo-skeleton of sorts? If true, that'd be some cold shyte  Embarrassed

PS: Hey Dom, did Rampart get any info from his Detect Weakness ability?  Cool
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2012 at 11:57am by Ranger »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #157 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 1:49am
Print Post  
OK gets, just to bring everyone up to speed, before continuing, here's an overview of what's what:

1) You've all just received a distorted message from Iggy, and it appears that she's in trouble and needs help.

2)  Robots numbers 4&5 (number 5 along with #3 are down for the count), are caught in the sticky goo from the Machinist’s grenade.

3) The Machinist, has run a quick scan of the robots, while trying not to get hit (Evading). His scan will confirm the data from Achilles’ initial scans, revealing that the robot seems to have bio-signs, as though wit weren't actually a robot, but a living, breathing creature.

4) Skyhawk is Evading, holding his actions while he awaits further instructions from Powerchord.

5) Ghost has just fired an ectoplasmic blast at robot #8 barely missing him, but drawing the robot’s attention.

6) Rampart is booking it toward the Thunderwing at maximum speed. His Weakness Detection was successful in that it’s granting him a “to hit” bonus, but didn’t really tell him much about the robot’s “combat style”. (Hey, I can only give you some much info, or it wouldn’t be any fun). Wink

7) T-Bolt strikes robot #3 for 11 points of damage, and ripping a pretty good sized gash in the robot’s armored frame.

8) Diesel is about to fire on robot #3, with his Flame Thrower, when he stops at the last possible second (Holding his action).

9) Powerchord just cast a “Hold” spell on Robot #1, freezing it in place. It’s body shaking violently as it attempts to move.

Everyone good, or do you want me to provide you more details? I'll hold on the robots actions until I'm sure everyone is clear on who's where, and their current status.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #158 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 2:43am
Print Post  
Stalker, you still hanging in there, as it's been a while since I've heard from you.

YIM  
IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #159 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 3:21am
Print Post  
Diesel isn't holding though, he's hitting nonlethal with his hammer.

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #160 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 3:44am
Print Post  
Lord Inar wrote on Dec 17th, 2012 at 3:21am:

GM: So you want to "stun" them by knocking them out, or did I miss a post?

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #161 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 9:20am
Print Post  
[OOC:  Lol! It has been a while since I posted my action so I'll repeat the intent here.  Thunderbolt was not trying to harm the, now confirmed, powered-type armor being worn by biological beings of unconfirmed origin and nature.  He used the weighted end of his kyogetsu-shoge not to strike for damage but to wrap-around the powered-armored foe and pick them up turning them around so their head beam weapons cannot fire at him or diesel and use the picked up PA {powered armor} as a parrying shield against any subsequent beam attacks by other PA's.  It is possible that TB may have misjudged the force of his constricting the PA and inflicted damage... but I'll leave that up to you Dom.]

"Don't know why "ET's" here but I'd rather not kill any of them... bad for any future relations... world-wide. So lets get... creative..."

Thunderbolt - , gestures first at Diesel - , moving him back to the party and near the 12 O'clock position alien bot he missed to which Thunderbolt, in flight, joins Diesel.  Then he gestures at the nearby Alien suit and the hovering Weighted-End of the 80'ft long coiled Kyogetsu-Shoge cable still secured around Diesel's waist lashes out at the suit but not to strike for damage but to wrap around its waist in an attempt to pick it up off the ground.  Thunderbolt maneuvers in close to the alien warrior turning the suit completely away from himself with his metal coiled grip so he cannot be easily targeted by it's weapons systems and uses the held alien as a literal 'body' shield to parry any further incoming weapons fire.  Thunderbolt is maintaining his evasive flight maneuvering and keeps adjusting the position of the alien battlesuit - should the alien try to twist around to aim a weapon at Thunderbolt or Diesel. 

This close he can still support whatever Diesel - , decides to do and does not release his lock on the Diesel powered battlesuit though he exerts no effort to restrain any of Diesel's subsequent movement or actions... merely regrouping the team from the missed fastball special. 

2 actions: [Action 1# = Evade -6 all incoming attacks; Movement = Fly to Diesel's side & Move Manipulate metallic objects - Kyogetsu & Diesel {172lbs + Alien Suit's weight};  Action 2# = Strike with Kyogetsu HTH {Thunderbolt's bonus to hit: +2 Acc{Personal}, +2 Weapon Acc {Kyogetsu}, +4 all weapons & powers - On HTH chart; Total +8~ approx.}]

[OOC: By the way Dom... where 'Exactly' are the beams the bots are shooting at us coming from on their person?  Arm/Hand blasters, Shoulder mounted weapons, Head mounted weapons... where specifically?]

[EDIT: It just occurred to me that striking to pick up an enemy should be a HTH attack and thus an action... lol!]

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #162 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
GM to T-Bolt. Oops...I'll make a correction then, as your attack was successful.  Embarrassed

YIM  
IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #163 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 12:17am
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Dec 17th, 2012 at 3:44am:
Lord Inar wrote on Dec 17th, 2012 at 3:21am:

GM: So you want to "stun" them by knocking them out, or did I miss a post?

That's correct, it was in post #156

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #164 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Dec 17th, 2012 at 1:49am:
OK gets, just to bring everyone up to speed, before continuing, here's an overview of what's what:

6) Rampart is booking it toward the Thunderwing at maximum speed. His Weakness Detection was successful in that it’s granting him a “to hit” bonus, but didn’t really tell him much about the robot’s “combat style”. (Hey, I can only give you some much info, or it wouldn’t be any fun). Wink

Looks good to me pal. Rampart will take his big "walking stick" with him to "save" the damsel in distress  Wink

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #165 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 1:23am
Print Post  
GM Replies:

Rampart, as you approach the area, where the Thunderwing landed, you see thick black smoke rising from a small fire, as you get closer, you slow down, and scan the area, and you can't raise Iggy on your comms. A quick search doesn't reveal her location, all you find are spent 9mm shell casings, an H&K MP-7 PDW, and an empty magazine.  There are several burn marks along the Thunderwing's skin as well. But not much more can be determined.

Actions?

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #166 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 1:26am
Print Post  
I'll post the Robots actions when I get home from work tomorrow, as well as some updates to the EC Source Book. Until then, you guys can talk amongst yourselves, and figure out how you want to coordinate your actions, as long as it's something you'd be able to do within your remaining actions, and it's something your characters would have knowledge of.

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #167 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 10:13am
Print Post  
Thunderbolt - , following Power Chord's - , directive shifts position slightly to get a little closer to Robot 1# - judging the distance to Robot 8# and gestures at Robot 1# the same Robot that the Spellcasting Power Chord just ensorcelled with a "Hold" spell.   This time from Thunderbolt's left duster pocket his second metal Kyogetsu-Shoge snakes forth on its 80'ft metallic cable to en-wrap the waist of Robot 1#, lifting it from the ground and turning it away from any of the present heroes to keep it from firing its 'head-laser' at any of them.  Thunderbolt keeps the already held Robot 3# on his first enwrapping 80'ft cable Kyogetsu around its waist close turned away and unable to target him he hefts Robot 3# as a make-shift 'body-shield' ready to parry and evade any robot head-lasers directed his way.  The sharp hooked-blade end of the first kyogetsu unwraps from Diesel's waist so as not to hinder, even slightly, any movement he might wish to take leaving the kyogetsu incongruously floating in mid-air held in place and applying force from the magnetic lines of power under Thunderbolt's commanding will.

Robot 1# unable to avoid being grappled by the snaking kyogetsu, Thunderbolt hefts Robot 1# and swings it like a large hammer into Robot 8# that has already turned his attention - distracted by Ghost's - , ectoplasmic attack.  Thunderbolt slams Robot 1# into robot 8# with a loud crash! Seeking to damage both from the impact...

"Ok Power Chord... non-lethal can still apply the stark fist of removal and hurt a lot... heh.  You'd be surprised what you could live through..."

2 actions: [Action 1# = Evade -6 {Parrying with held Robot 3# all incoming attacks; Movement = Slightly as needed to get within range with Kyogetsu's 80'ft reach & Move Manipulate metallic objects - Kyogetsu 1 & 2 {4lbs + Robot 3# & 1# weight} <The 'Hold" spell on Robot 1# should make picking up an immobile unavoiding object 'effectively' untended by anyone no action to pick up and wield>;  Action 2# = Strike with Kyogetsu held Robot 1# at Robot 8# HTH {Thunderbolt's bonus to hit: +2 Acc{Personal}, +2 Weapon Acc {Kyogetsu}, +4 all weapons & powers - On HTH chart; Total +8~ approx.}, trying for a blindsided attack on Robot 8# - "Thunderbolt sometimes fights dirty.." Smiley]

[ooc:  I need a specific weight on the Robots now Dom... so I can more easily calculate how much capacity I expend lifting them, how much bonus damage they inflict when I use them as weapons and how much of a parry bonus I get wielding one of them as a 'body-shield'.  To note... If the Robots weight 480lbs each {total 960lbs} TB is STILL +2 to hit with the Robots as weapons due to weight and will inflict 1d6<WT Damage> and can still apply 1d8<Velocity Damage> {total 2d8+1d6+1 damage}.  A 480lb object has a Parry Factor of 3, for a total -9 to be hit with one parry.  If they are heavier the damage only goes up to 3d8+1 {with same bonus to hit and +2 to the Parry Factor!!}]
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2012 at 3:52am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #168 - Dec 21st, 2012 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
After quickly but carefully examining the battle area for probable lines of fire based on damage done to the Thunderwing and the surrounding area, Rampart will fly into the aircraft to look for potential assailants and the missing Iggy.

OOC: this is an effort to determine the direction the attackers might have entered and exited the landing zone. Observation and Tactics Skill rolls maybe?

If not "ambushed" as he enters the craft, Rampart will try and determine if the assault had been carried into the aircraft, checking the pilot's log and blackbox to replay any information she might have tried to communicate before she was forced to defend herself.
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2012 at 5:23pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #169 - Dec 23rd, 2012 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
GM to T-Bolt - The robots are constructed of a light weight non-metallic alloy, and weight 400 lbs. Both of your attacks are successful. Robot #1 slams into robot #8, sending it stumbling sideways. Robot #3 is struggling to break free of your chains.

GM to Rampart - From what you can tell, it appears as though the firefight took place outside the aircraft. You can follow the robots track, but, it's like they just appeared, and then disappeared from nowhere, as they suddenly stop, at the same point they look to have originated from.

GM to The Machinist - As all of this is happening, you're readings are going crazy, they're almost registering as human.

GM to Shyhawk
- All of the data Achilles is sending you is pretty much confirming what Powerchord suspects. While the "robots" armor is alien in origin, their internal readings are reading pretty close to baseline human.

GM to Powerchord - Your hold spell is working, you're holding robot #1 firmly in place, but you can feel the robot struggling to break free from your hold. Upon closer examination of the robot's face, you can clearly see what appear to be human eyes staring at intensely. As T-Bolt's cable entangles robot #1, you can see its eyes react, and recognize the look, it's fear.
« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2012 at 4:18pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #170 - Dec 23rd, 2012 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Dec 23rd, 2012 at 4:16pm:
GM to Rampart - From what you can tell, it appears as though the firefight took place outside the aircraft. You can follow the robots track, but, it's like they just appeared, and then disappeared from nowhere, as they suddenly stop, at the same point they look to have originated from.

If not "ambushed" as he enters the craft, Rampart will try and determine if the assault had been carried into the aircraft, checking the pilot's log and blackbox to replay any information she might have tried to communicate before she was forced to defend herself.

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #171 - Dec 23rd, 2012 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
GM to Rampart

You can safely enter the aircraft, as it appears the attackers are long gone. From what it looks like, Iggy was  attempting to work on the T-Wing's comm suite, as the access panel has been removed. Other than that, you're coming up blank.

YIM  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #172 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
With the attempt to recover a message off the black box coming up blank, and tracking the droid-bots turning into a dead end, Rampart will race back to he team to report Iggy's status to Power Chord.

We never should have left her on her own. This is exactly why we came to look for Skyhawk

OOC: yes I am fully aware of the irony that Rampart is applying a double standard. Tends to happen to fast bricks with steel hard skin. They are a tad overconfident on occasion - lol

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #173 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt wrote on Dec 3rd, 2012 at 7:13am:

Thunderbolt - ..., gestures first at Diesel - ..., moving him back to the party and near the 12 O'clock position alien bot he missed to which Thunderbolt, in flight, joins Diesel.  Then he gestures at the nearby Alien suit and the hovering Weighted-End of the 80'ft long coiled Kyogetsu-Shoge cable still secured around Diesel's waist lashes out at the suit but not to strike for damage but to wrap around its waist in an attempt to pick it up off the ground.  Thunderbolt maneuvers in close to the alien warrior turning the suit completely away from himself with his metal coiled grip so he cannot be easily targeted by it's weapons systems and uses the held alien as a literal 'body' shield to parry any further incoming weapons fire.  Thunderbolt is maintaining his evasive flight maneuvering and keeps adjusting the position of the alien battlesuit - should the alien try to twist around to aim a weapon at Thunderbolt or Diesel.

This close he can still support whatever Diesel - ..., decides to do and does not release his lock on the Diesel powered battlesuit though he exerts no effort to restrain any of Diesel's subsequent movement or actions... merely regrouping the team from the missed fastball special.

dsumner wrote on Nov 8th, 2012 at 3:42am:
GM to the group

Actions?

Thunderbolt aimed his Kyogetsu-Shoge at the same robot Diesel fired his flamethrower at, which is the same one Thunderbolt threw Diesel at initially.

Thunderbolt -, hears the transmission and grimaces muttering, 'Which is WHY I suggested she clear this area after dropping us off!'

Louder he says, "You probably shouldn't go alone Rampart, You could take one of the Protectors fliers with you... perhaps Skyhawk?"

[ooc: Thunderbolt would concur! LOL!]

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #174 - Dec 25th, 2012 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
OOC: LMAO . . . Says the guy toting 160 feet of steel cable around his waist  Grin

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #175 - Dec 29th, 2012 at 6:44am
Print Post  
[ooc:  OK.  Thanks for the details on the Robots Dom... here are the results...}]

2 actions: [Action 1# = Evade -9 {Parrying with held Robot 3# all incoming attacks - A 400lb object has a Parry Factor of 3}; Movement = Slightly as needed to get within range with Kyogetsu's 80'ft reach & Move Manipulate metallic objects - Kyogetsu 1 & 2 plus Robot 1# & 3# {804lbs total};  Action 2# = Strike with Kyogetsu held Robot 1# at Robot 8# HTH {Thunderbolt's bonus to hit: +2 Acc{Personal}, +2 Weapon Acc {Robot/400lb - object}, +4 all weapons & powers - On HTH chart; Total +8~ approx.}, 1d8<BASE HTH Damage>, 1d6<WT Damage> and can still apply 1d8<Velocity Damage - 89"> {total 2d8+1d6+1 damage} to Both Robot 1# & 8# ?]
« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2012 at 6:45am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #176 - Jan 8th, 2013 at 1:48am
Print Post  
So, is everyone good?

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #177 - Jan 8th, 2013 at 8:26am
Print Post  
Yep! Move on!

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #178 - Jan 8th, 2013 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Clear skies captain.

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #179 - Jan 8th, 2013 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Yes.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #180 - Jan 8th, 2013 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Aye-okay!

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #181 - Jan 8th, 2013 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Ready and Evading

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #182 - Jan 9th, 2013 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Diesel?

YIM  
IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #183 - Jan 9th, 2013 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
I think I'm still hitting non-lethal with my hammer (or was that last round?)

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #184 - Jan 10th, 2013 at 12:30am
Print Post  
Ghost, Can you get inside of one of those things?  Let's see what's going on in there.

Power Chord will cast an Open spell on the held attacker, trying to open him like door...

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #185 - Jan 10th, 2013 at 7:44am
Print Post  
OOC: Awww man that is going to be so gross if they turn out to be some kind of cyborg thing Wink. What does the one Rampart smashed look like?

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #186 - Jan 10th, 2013 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Depending on what we see if one is opened up, when he can Ghost will attempt to phase inside out of them to see what's inside.

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #187 - Jan 15th, 2013 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Jan 8th, 2013 at 1:48am:
So, is everyone good?

Wink Roll Call completed. Ready and waiting at your discretion Sir  Cool

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #188 - Jan 19th, 2013 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
I'll be updating on Monday evening gents, and getting things back on track.

YIM  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #189 - Jan 30th, 2013 at 1:31am
Print Post  
*cough*   Wink