Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What Rules Confuse You? (Read 20966 times)
Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: What Rules Confuse You?
Reply #105 - Mar 14th, 2016 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Shadow-Dragon15 wrote on Mar 11th, 2016 at 5:14pm:
I have a question about the effects of fatigue on characters.

In section 3.6 it states that once a character is reduced to 0 Power points he is fatigued and then lists several effects, including: "The character's effective Carrying Capacity is cut to one-half." (emphasis added)

Immediately following the rules state that "All damage inflicted (except that which is caused by devices or items) is cut to one-half, rounded up."

My question is: is the damage being cut to one half based on the character's normal (non-fatigued) Carrying Capacity, or is it calculated from his effective Carrying Capacity and then cut in two? I lean more towards the first option, but can see the second.

Shadowdragon

I've always thought it should be the first option, too.  Otherwise it feels like you are double-dinging the character.

IP Logged

Shadow-Dragon15
Sidekick

Reply #106 - Mar 14th, 2016 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Majestic wrote on Mar 14th, 2016 at 1:56pm:
Shadow-Dragon15 wrote on Mar 11th, 2016 at 5:14pm:
I have a question about the effects of fatigue on characters.

In section 3.6 it states that once a character is reduced to 0 Power points he is fatigued and then lists several effects, including: "The character's effective Carrying Capacity is cut to one-half." (emphasis added)

Immediately following the rules state that "All damage inflicted (except that which is caused by devices or items) is cut to one-half, rounded up."

My question is: is the damage being cut to one half based on the character's normal (non-fatigued) Carrying Capacity, or is it calculated from his effective Carrying Capacity and then cut in two? I lean more towards the first option, but can see the second.

Shadowdragon

I've always thought it should be the first option, too.  Otherwise it feels like you are double-dinging the character.

That was my feeling, as well.

I will say this, if you keep track of the effects of fatigue and not just view Power as being the means by which you can shoot one more Power Blast, Devitalization Ray becomes not such a bad roll on the table!

Shadowdragon

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #107 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Indeed, Devitalization Ray can be a quite solid power.  In fact, it can end up being deadly.  One of our current PCs has it, and she has sucked villains down to such a low amount of Power that it leaves them quite vulnerable.  Some have even been killed when they take a later strong blow from someone else (as the character no longer has that 'pad' of Power to protect them from death)!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Topic Tools

>