Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Topic Tools
Locked Topic The Protectors, Vol. 2, Issue 1: When we last left our heroes (Read 34645 times)
The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Re: The Protectors, Vol. 2, Issue 1: When we last left our heroes
Reply #70 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 6:26pm

" Look guys, I've got to go and brief Mr. Smith and pull some information out of our files...if you need anything, hit the call button on the intercomm (she points at the small speaker like box on the desk), and someone will help you. And, while I know this is will be nearly impossible for SOME of you (giving the Machinist the evil eye), whatever you do, don't touch anything without asking, and try to stay out of trouble until I get back.
“What? me ... but I …”

Do you think you can handle that? "

“Yes, Agent Woo”

Machinist mimed putting his hands in his pockets even though there were no signs that he had any.

Thunderbolt smiles and winks mischievously at the lovely Asian BSI Agent...

"I'll try to keep them honest ma'am!"

“Oh really ... you will, will you?”

Machinist tried really hard to listen to Thunderbolt but all he could see was the button on the intercom. He wanted to touch it. He wanted to touch it really badly. Was he really just like a little kid? Agent Woo told him to behave so all he could think about was misbehaving? Finally he couldn’t stand it anymore.

He touched the button.

“Check Please.”
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2012 at 6:30pm by The Cougar »  

V&V character creation is too much fun.
                                     - Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM
http://vav-megalopolis-pbem.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

"Justice Like Lightning!"

Reply #71 - Aug 4th, 2012 at 2:22am

“Oh really ... you will, will you?”

Thunderbolt smiled chuckling good naturedly... taking it as a jest in the same vein he had spoken it.

Then, he touched the button...

“Check Please.”

...and Thunderbolt's smile turned sour.  His gaze turning serious.

Casting a look Power Chord's direction his eyebrow raising in an unspoken question and expression {Really?!?  Seriously?}
« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2012 at 2:23am by Thunderbolt »  

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #72 - Aug 4th, 2012 at 7:01pm

Power Chord nods, listening intently to Thunderbolts introduction, again sensing nothing but honesty and intensity from the young man. “The armored one is much harder to read… no facial expressions or body language; we’ll have to see about that one,” he thinks to himself.

To the group he says, “From my past experience, those of us who hide our faces for one reason or another are a secretive lot.  I am Power Chord; the gentleman across from me, cloaked in technology is the Machinist.   We have been working with two other, shall we say, “special” individuals, Skyhawk, and Jack Frost.  We have been together for a short time, and have begun to call ourselves the Protectors, for our goal is to protect this city from those who would seek to do her, or her inhabitants harm.”

Turning to the patriotically dressed man leaning against the wall,“I believe the Machinist said you go by Rampart?”

OOC: I’ll stop there to allow any response/comments.  Funny, I say we’ve been together a short time, and it is in comic book/game time, but hard to believe, we started the blog, two and a half years ago… even taking into account Dom’s hiatus for his uncle.  Wink
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2012 at 10:03am by Hammer »  

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #73 - Aug 5th, 2012 at 6:53am

Turning to the patriotically dressed man leaning against the wall,
“I believe the Machinist said you go by Rampart?”

Still leaning against the wall, waiting to see if one of the two factions swallows the other, or they go their separate ways, There must be something about wearing a mask that makes people lose all sense of normal speech.

Leaning up and taking a single step forward, Jason reaches out to Power Chord with his hand in a gesture of friendship. "Good to meet you. Yeah ... Rampart. Some LT off the STOP team hung that on me while I was running a few training exercises with them a while back."

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #74 - Aug 6th, 2012 at 3:24am

Thunderbolt looks the... apparently unaffiliated metahuman up and down.

Walking over he offers his hand as well in greeting.

"Hello Sir.. ah Rampart.  It's a pleasure to meet another hero.  LT off... Lieutenant Officer?  Are you ex-military?  STOP... that sounds like a government agency... what's it stand for?"

The young man is tall though not apparently a teenager but likely early 20's.  His hair is long straight and shock white. His eyes are a almost golden Hazel hue.  Though determinable from the edges of the eye-slits of his mask and the line of flesh at his hairline... he's not wearing a wig... he's a Black-American.  Even though his features are completely covered - mouth included behind his mask his demeanor is one of charisma and confidence.  His voice is calm, certain and pleasantly genial.  His gloved hand is a metal mesh that reveals no flesh.  Certainly he must be a mutant of some sort.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2012 at 3:34am by Thunderbolt »  

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #75 - Aug 6th, 2012 at 2:18pm

Watching the over-active kid almost sprint around the table, Rampart shakes his hand with a quick firm professional grip.  Kid's a bit over the top with the melodrama but Woo must figure he's a potential asset ... or another wildcard to keep a close eye on. No telling what scanners she's got sweeping every one of these guys right now.

As he leans back in the corner, ready to watch Empire's most active metas decide which path each wants to walk, Rampart realizes something ... "I'd go easy on calling yourself a hero kid . . . Regardless of our powers and what we do . . . It just comes across as pretentious. Street cops, soldiers, paramedics. Those guys are heroes.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2012 at 4:17pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #76 - Aug 6th, 2012 at 2:35pm

After Keith steps out of the shower he makes his way to his bunk. He needs to get a few hours sleep before going back to the rent-a-cop job. He stops as he hears the TV newscast. He turns to look at Craig as it sinks in. The tech shrugs as he speaks,"Could be a coincidence" He realizes that was the wrong thing to say as his friend begins to armor up again."I'll send you the address's of all the tattoo parlors in the area"He yells as Stalker climbs back out the loft sky light.

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #77 - Aug 6th, 2012 at 2:44pm

Thunderbolt's expression is confused at Rampart's reply.  Not lost on him was the fact that his question was side-stepped and not answered.

"Uhm... I don't believe I called myself a hero sir... I called you a hero?"

He casts a look at Power Chord in question...

"I know that... most of us save for perhaps Stalker are new to trying to be responsible superpowered metas and do our part to help.  I assumed Power Chord has been at this some time... and you seem to have some official regard from BSI... YOU two are the only 'professional' Heroes I've ever met! I was not referring to myself. Was I mistaken?"

"Believe me I have nothing but respect for soldiers, policemen, fire-fighters, and paramedics.  I know a particular policemen who... once was a great man - my personal hero... who inspired me to take a stand and try to help."

"You don't need metas to deal with shop-lifters, bank-robbers, organized crime-families and the normal vice/crime/terrorists police and soldiers are trained and expected to deal with."

"I'm only trying to help with the myriad of other things police, soldiers and the like are not equipped to,  are not necessarily trained to deal with or just simply out-classed by in capability.  Have no idea what those things might be... but I do try very hard to stay out of their way so they can do their jobs."

He steps back letting Power Chord take the lead in dealing with the obviously costumed g-man.

Thunderbolt ponders, {Well this guy is spooky and unfriendly.  Government man... definitely!  I know I'm the youngest here but wow... Power chord seems to have his favor I'll leave him to him.}
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2012 at 4:18pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #78 - Aug 6th, 2012 at 6:19pm

GM to the group at BSI: Let me know if you guys are finished with the inter-group responses. If you are, I'll start nudging you where I need you to go.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #79 - Aug 6th, 2012 at 6:28pm

Avatar wrote on Jul 30th, 2012 at 10:55am:
OOC: looking through the threads, I did not see any mention of when in the day these events were occurring so I'm sure Dom will correct me if I am wrong

Stalker left the loft just before sundown. Craig had spent the day going over intel on Dect. Jones and the Major Crimes Unit. He wasn't sure that Stalker's idea was a bright one. Since he had hacked cameras around ECPD,he had heard some radio chatter about a super outside the BSI building. On a lark he checks some camera's in the area.  Nothing that looks like Stalker,that's good.

GM to everyone: Just so everyone is on the same sheet of music, Stalker's initial conversation takes place the night before the big meeting at BSI. His trip to the ECPD's MCU takes place the night that the rest of you are all at BSI.

YIM  
IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #80 - Aug 6th, 2012 at 6:53pm

Hey guys sorry for the OOC but I wanted to send this out:
I'll be catching up on these things in a bit. Instead of my usual globetrotting and keeping busy with other life things, life decided to take matters into its own hands and slow me down whether I wanted to or not! It probably happened Wednesday night, and I didn't go in to the doctor until Thursday morning, but it turned out I had a heart attack and they put four stents put in my arteries Thursday night! I'm back home now and not as slow as I thought I'd be, but I still need to take it easy.

So, consider this everyone's public service announcement to get yourselves checked out so you don't accidentally find things out the hard way like I did!

- Marc

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #81 - Aug 6th, 2012 at 7:34pm

Lord Inar wrote on Aug 6th, 2012 at 6:53pm:
I'll be catching up on these things in a bit. Instead of my usual globetrotting and keeping busy with other life things, life decided to take matters into its own hands and slow me down whether I wanted to or not! It probably happened Wednesday night, and I didn't go in to the doctor until Thursday morning, but it turned out I had a heart attack and they put four stents put in my arteries Thursday night! I'm back home now and not as slow as I thought I'd be, but I still need to take it easy.

So, consider this everyone's public service announcement to get yourselves checked out so you don't accidentally find things out the hard way like I did!

- Marc

Glad you are well. Smiley

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #82 - Aug 6th, 2012 at 7:41pm

- Marc

Same here fella! Wow.. take care of yourself man! Rest up!

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #83 - Aug 6th, 2012 at 7:55pm

A handshake, he thinks, a greeting from another time… Dirk takes in before him as he shakes his hand.  The voice… Midwest… probably Indiana, appears educated with some kind of technical training, possibly back East by the phrasing.  He looks to be in his late twenties, but speaks like someone from my father’s generation.  Ramrod straight, professional, STOP team, definitely military experience, very interesting.

As joins them, Dirk continues to observe him… young, sounds like an Empire City local.  Moves with the smooth light step of a Martial Artist.  African American with White Hair… I’d say strong family bonds based on the way he approaches older men, but a wary acceptance.  Appears to have education beyond what I would expect… not book learning, not clipped regurgitation of data, but rather the smooth flow of someone that’s learned from experience.

Looking around lastly at …. I have nothing there, an enigma to my skills.  Perhaps I could see what lies within using magic, but Thunderbolt seems to trust him, and I have no reason to invade his privacy… I shall have to get to know this Diesel through time.

“Gentlemen”, intones, “Now that introductions are complete we’ll see what the BSI has for us.”  He turns to the door, seemingly prepared for the entrance of agent Woo.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2012 at 7:55pm by Hammer »  

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #84 - Aug 6th, 2012 at 7:58pm

- Marc

Man, sorry to hear that.  I mean glad you made it to the MD and they were able to hopefully make things better, it could have been so much worse.  Glad you are OK.

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #85 - Aug 6th, 2012 at 10:23pm

- Marc

Glad to hear you made it home, and hope that you feel better. Take it easy, and listen to what your doctors tell you.

YIM  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #86 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 10:07am

- Marc

Take care of yourself. Glad to hear you came through it okay.

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #87 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 1:51pm

Machinist started to scan the web on information that might tell them more about Thunderbolt, Diesel, and Ronin when he remembered what Power Chord said.

There's a young man out here, he appears to have powers similar to yours, he seemed to sense you through the local devices.

Instead he shuts everything down.

He sensed me? Just standing outside he sensed my using my computers to view data from the red light cameras and the ATM machines. It’s a good thing Agent Woo did not give me access to BSI systems.

Hmm, he flies. He is armored and has holsters and scabbards for ordinary weapons. I overheard the BSI troopers whispering that he sensed Power Chord's magical force field and he has one of his own. AND he can sense computer hacking and data manipulation.

This is obviously the most powerful individual I have ever met.

I am glad he wants to do right.

I don't understand why he wants to submit himself to BSI authority and leadership? But I guess that is his concerns not mine.

Machinist pressed the button again.
Agents, I would really like to check on Skyhawk and the missing ECU students he reported.

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #88 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 2:41pm

Glad to hear you're doing better, Lord Inar.  Rest up and take things easy for a bit!

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #89 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 9:24pm

GM Reply to Skyhawk: You speak with the "Chief" and inform him of your motives, and get the same blank stare and nonchalant attitude the first officer gave you. It's as though the guy just doesn't care. He just sort of sits there, shrugs his shoulders, and says, "Relax man, they're just probably off doing some sight seeing, what's the big deal, after all, we're all friends here.", and goes back to working on his computer.

Achilles also informs you that do to the current atmospheric conditions he's unable to transmit your message.

Actions?

YIM  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #90 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 11:46pm

Achilles, can we get high enough to get clear and send another message? If So, let's keep in touch with the team. Even if we have to fly some distance from this place, It is important to keep contact with the rest of the guys.
OOC: If he can get a message out, this will be it.
Machinist and whomever is present. Contact Power Chord, We could really use him on this. I talked with the Police, They have the Don't Worry,Be Happy attitude. Guys, I feel like that I have fallen down the rabbit hole. Skyhawk out.

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #91 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 12:15am

GM to Skyhawk: Achilles takes flight, soaring high into the afternoon sky, before trying to once again send out a message to the team. He's partially successful, as his systems show that the message is transmitting, but your not sure exactly how much of it actually got through.

As your working getting your message out, the Chief of police pretty much ignores you, dons his hat, and wonders out the door humming a tune as if he doesn't have a care in the world.

« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2012 at 12:15am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #92 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 12:25am

GM to the group at BSI: As you all continue to talk amongst yourselves, Agent Woo enters the room, glaring at the Machinist, and you have a feeling she knows it was you that hit the intercom, before she announces, "We you please, for once, act like an adult! I don't have time to for this right now, as we've got a situation that needs to be looked into."

She then goes on to explain that the BSI Emergency Operations Center picked up bits and pieces of a transmission from Skyhawk, and from what they could make out, he's requested some back up. With the Guardians still unaccounted for, you're all she's got left.

Just as she's finishing, in walks "Mr. Smith"  - "Agent Woo, is that any way to speak to our guest? (spoken in a vary condescending tone). Gentlemen, If you all are up for it, I've arranged for some transport to get you out there ASAP. A van will be here shortly to take you to the airport. Are there any questions?

Actions?

YIM  
IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #93 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 12:42am

"While I appreciate your offer Mr. Smith, I believe we can handle our own transportation, but I don’t believe we will be able to leave from this room, warded as it is….”,  Power Chord bids their hosts farewell, and leads the group outside where he will create a Teleport portal to the tarmac of Empire City's Airport.  Having grown up in Empire City he’s familiar with the surrounding area.

OOC: I thought this might be interesting, as I’m unsure if even Rampart is aware of his weakness, and thought this might be a good discovery moment for the team…  If this is out of PC’s range, or not an acceptable method of transport, just let me know and I’ll modify my response.
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2012 at 1:46pm by Hammer »  

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #94 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 12:46am

From the corner opposite the door, Rampart continues to take in each of the individuals as they talk move and exhibit their personalities and and physicality in ways they may or may not realize they are doing. Everyone has particular strengths and weaknesses depending on their abilities and experiences. Instinctively Jason spends the time observing each, and started to looking for ways they might best work together complimenting and enhancing the other the most efficiently.

Looking over from the corner at Machinist then Power Chord, Rampart's voice is calm but expresses concern. "If you've lost communication with a man who is in the field alone, maybe this isn't the best time for a meeting like this?"

"Power Chord if you would like some assistance, I'd be happy to lend a hand."

Looking specifically at Machinist, "Insuring Skyhawk and the students safety comes first of course, but maybe we can clear the air on a few things along the way."

OOC: First of all I'm relieved to hear you're doing better Marc. My dad just had his 3rd in 4 years so my prayers are for your recovery and good health. Focus on improving the causes pal ... please.
@ Hammer: I think that's a damn fine idea and a great way to discover Rampart's weakness. I love how it flows with the pace of the game.
@ Dom:
Please make the necessary/appropriate skills rolls for BSI operations, Observation, and Tactics.
The first to see if Rampart has clue to where Mr. Smith fits in the BSI operational chart.
Second, to Detect any 'Weakness' in the group of characters that might be of a non-combat nature. I still would like to be able to fully use his power even though some/many "weaknesses" are not combat oriented. I plan on playing this aspect of the 'Power' as an instinctive tactical version of Power Chord's body language and linguistic skills. It may be a Power, I just plan on trying to role-play, using it in a skill like manner.

Thanks
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2012 at 2:43am by Ranger »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #95 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 12:46am

Hammer wrote on Aug 8th, 2012 at 12:42am:
"While I appreciate your offer Mr. Smith, I believe we can handle our own transportation, but I don’t believe we will be able to leave from this room, warded as it is….”,  Power Chord bids their hosts farewell, and leads the group outside where he will create a Teleport portal to Jonesville/Thomasville.  Having grown up in Empire City he’s familiar with the surrounding area.

OOC: I thought this might be interesting, as I’m unsure if even Rampart is aware of his weakness, and thought this might be a good discovery moment for the team…  If this is out of PC’s range, or not an acceptable method of transport, just let me know and I’ll modify my response.

You might want to check out the ride he's (well BSI & DHS) got lined up for you.  Wink

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #96 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 1:58am

Ranger wrote on Aug 8th, 2012 at 12:59am:
OOC: fixed my above post this post will delete in 24hrs ... or less  Wink

Just a suggestion ... have PC teleport us to the airport. That way we can have our cake and eat it too.
Smiley

Well if that's what you want to do.  Cheesy

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #97 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 1:58am

Thunderbolt listens quietly to the brief explanation of Agent Woo of the developing situation... The Protector's missing member.

He is silent watching the more senior professionals discuss the situation.

At an appropriate break in the conversation and planning Thunderbolt speaks up... addressing Power Chord.

"Excuse me, let me get this straight... Your Teammate Skyhawk is out of communication and his last partial message says there is something odd going on in the area around Jonesville/Thomasville?  Isn't that the same general area where the meteor shower a few days ago came down?"

"You don't think that is purely coincidence do you?  What was Skyhawk investigating there - if I may ask?"

Turning to Agent Smith and Woo, "I'm not trying to be paranoid... but do you think it might not be... prudent to have a 'soft' cordon of observers watching the roads into the area? Not a full quarantine effort, as yet; but just some agents keeping an eye out for anything... odd on the perimeter of the area?"

"If you have it available, some minimal form of biohazard protection would be prudent for those going into the area... even if not used having it available might prove to be important - for any number of possibilities."

"Do you mind if Diesel and I come along?  I was interested in investigating the meteor-shower as well."
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2012 at 10:03am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #98 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 9:45am

As Machinist follows Power Chord outside, he quickly creates a gadget to scan the area for contamination, airborne particles, and other foreign substances.

OOC: In game terms I am wanting a gadget which provides a modifier to Detect Hidden and Detect Danger. Hopefully in the x 5 range but will leave it to GM determination.

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #99 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 1:04pm

Diesel waits silently, giving a nod to Thunderbolt, still taking it all in with this new group of heroes.

If anyone asks, he'll say "Hello, I'm Diesel. I'm here at Thunderbolt's request."

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #100 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 1:47pm

dsumner wrote on Aug 8th, 2012 at 12:46am:
You might want to check out the ride he's (well BSI & DHS) got lined up for you.   

Post modified to accommodate.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2012 at 1:52pm by Hammer »  

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #101 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 2:30pm

Turning to Agent Smith and Woo, "I'm not trying to be paranoid... but do you think it might not be... prudent to have a 'soft' cordon of observers watching the roads into the area? Not a full quarantine effort, as yet; but just some agents keeping an eye out for anything... odd on the perimeter of the area?"

"If you have it available, some minimal form of biohazard protection would be prudent for those going into the area... even if not used having it available might prove to be important - for any number of possibilities."

"Wooh, slow down there a second son. You're not being paranoid, just a bit reactionary. Cautions an admirable trait, but no need taking the chance of creating a public panic without a bit of investigating first." Looking over at the agents, "and I believe that's what they just asked us to do."

Jason thinks heavily for a moment and addresses the more attractive of the two Feds. "Agent Woo, could you do me a favor please. Could you have a copy of 'Ramparts' last physical performance evaluation sent to Machinist? If we're going to be working together I want the Protectors to know what I'm capable of in case anything hits the fan."

OOC: Machinist should get a file with Ramparts personal information redacted, but all his physical capabilities that show up an his character sheet. Carrying capacity, flight speed, approximate ability to resist damage and his ability to survive in hostile environments.
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2012 at 2:31pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #102 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 2:32pm

At Rampart's words of restraint Thunderbolt shrugs, "...I just figured a little caution in preparing for the potential worse was the best option.  That way you're not surprised if things are worse than one expected... {usually the case most times}.  I hate gambling... but hey, you guys are the professionals.  Your call."

"Hello, I'm Diesel. I'm here at Thunderbolt's request."

Thunderbolt is relieved and smiles at Diesel's simple intro.

Stepping over to stand by his teammate, "Don't think he's just a machine under all that armor, though I didn't know he was so shy..." {grin}

"Diesel is a world-class Genius, he built his power-suit by himself... you can guess what it runs on...  He's a phenomenal mechanical-engineer!  Saved some cops in a crashing Police copter - by catching the crashing helo and helped Slik Slander apprehend the super{?}-assassin Death Warrant!  You couldn't ask for a more solid guy on your side!"
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2012 at 2:54pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #103 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 3:10pm

"Thank you for the introduction, Thunderbolt, I will be glad to help in any way I can. Unfortunately I haven't heard from Slik Slander in a while. We just happened to be in the same place at the right time. Is Death Warrant still causing trouble?" Diesel seems to relax a bit.

[OOC: Diesel's voice is modulated to be a bit deeper and slightly different from his normal voice, but it still sounds fairly natural]
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2012 at 3:10pm by Lord Inar »  

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #104 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 6:25pm

His training was a little out of date, but Jason's engineering degree gave him solid enough background to see the quality workmanship behind Diesel's armored suit. "Thing looks tough as a tank, and that's one big freaking hammer you got there." Walking around the heavily built construct, checking out it's strengths and weakness (die roll please Dom) "How well does she maneuver? At full speed I mean."

Hoping the armored hulk doesn't mind, Jason examines what looks like part of the power core and gently knocks on the chest plate. "Nice job sloping the carapace. Naturally increases the suits resistance to kinetic impacts."

"Standard steel or were you able to afford a titanium alloy of some sort?"

Rampart obviously is impressed with the engineering feat it took for a civilian to build a fully functional exo-skeleton that the government can barely get to work.
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2012 at 6:26pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Topic Tools

>